Favorite Hotel!

tigsmom

Wilderness Lodge used to be my #1, but the Poly has edged them out slightly. Huge rooms, monorail, best atmosphere of the 3 monorail resorts.

The one thing that bothers me about the Poly (and it's the same reason my vote did not go to the Boardwalk Inn) is because you have to leave the building to get to the shops and restaurant. We could not let the kids go by themselves for a snack or go shopping.

Upvote 0

forevermickey

I have only stayed at CB and I love it... I love the large landscaping, I love Old Port Royal, the Caribbean music, I love that each cluster of hotels has their own pool ...... but like I said I have only stayed at CB ....because of Budget... I have been a guest at all the hotels and would love to stay in each one, each one intrigues me for diff. reasons. Disney hotels keep the magic going no matter which one you choose.

Upvote 0

maskdesmith

I love the beach club. It's like you have your own private entrance to epcot! What is cooler than coming back from a concert at HoB at 11:40, running to epcot (gotta stop for a fanta), getting on SSE, meandering back out through the international gateway after closing, then sitting on the beach in a swing with your S.O. just looking at the boardwalk lights.:D

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Ok so granted this is from an "outsiders" point of view but I have to say...

#1 Wilderness Lodge...we love how this resort feels like it is really tucked away yet it is so close. I love the walkways out to the dock and the lake area is soooo relaxing. The pool rocks too and I love how the rooms open up to the lobby area. Water taxi to the MK and Water Pagent every night too. Our family visits National Parks often so the themeing is right up our alley. I also love so many details such as the owl lanterns and the animals' footprints in the pavement outside the resort, the water running out of the building and the "Old Faithful" spout.

#2(close second) Polynesian. I love this resort for several reasons. Hawaiian theming. We've never had a bad meal at this resort...scratch that we've never had one single bad food item at this resort. I love the tiki torches lit at night, and we did the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show last trip which was just oh so wonderful for so many reasons. Fireworks and hammocks on the beach, POG juice, leys when you arrive, monorail resort...there are so many reasons to love the Poly.

Upvote 0

AZDISNEYDVL

Monorail resort - Polynesian, the atmosphere is the best in my opinion.

EPCOT area - Swan/Dolphin - Westin Heavenly beds can not be beat after a long day in the parks.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We've only stayed at the All Star resorts but we love them!! Poly is on our list though next year if we can afford it!! If not, we will probably stay at CBR as it's one both my sister and I have wanted to stay at since we were young.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

BLT for us...too convenient for this young family that wants to be in MK as much as possible.
I can't wait to stay at GF someday and still love to try Polynesian.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

That is really a tough call. There's so many with pluses and minuses.

I have always loved the Port Orleans French Quarter. We've stayed there eight times. It's small, not spread out, great pool. We drive so the parking lot is close to the room. Buses are frequent and it's the first stop on the line before Dixie Landings so they aren't full. Also the first stop to let off. Food court is good with variety. The only down is the rooms are just a bit small for two adults and two teenage girls and their associated clothing, bathing suits, hair products, and used towels!

The Polynesian is great too. Stayed there three times over the last five years. Love the room size, but wish the sinks were outside the bathroom like in the other resorts. (Teenage Girls again). My wife and I like the quiet pool, the girls like the volcano pool. We always stay in the Tokela building so the quiet pool is right outside the door. Again, we drive and there is a nice parking lot close to the building. Monorail access to the MK is awesome, and it's a quick walk to the TTC for Epcot. The food is great in Ohana and the Kona Cafe, but the Captain's place gets old by the second day. The downs are it's starting to show it's age and the upkeep isn't what it used to be for a resort that expensive. The bus schedules are really hit or miss, seem to have to wait way too long for both the outgoing and pickup buses. Aught to have free wi-fi for what the room cost! (I know, there's another thread already on this).

Old Key West Resort. We stayed in a two bedroom villa 3 years ago. Two families and my 21 year old nephew. Plenty of room, clean, and nice to be able to save a few bucks and time making your own breakfast, lunch, and quick dinners when not eating out. It's an option. Our location was really good near the end of Old Turtle Pond Rd. 100 feet from the bus stop. A five minute walk to the pool. It was the end of the bus line there and took a while but it wasn't bad. We're staying here again in June this year in the one bedroom. We'll see how that works out space wise (two teenage girls again!).

I've only stayed at the Contemporary once, and that was in one of the wings, not the main building. Wasn't impressed, but in fairness I bet it was 30 years ago and I'm sure it's more fun in the main building.

Fort Wilderness Campground 37 years ago! I stayed in a pup tent :D enough said. (It really was fun at the time but my tastes have changed somewhat).

Tree House Villas 23 years ago. Three families in the same villa. It was the only way to fly with that big a crowd, but they were nice. I understand they've just opened them back up for guests again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom