Favorite Bus Song?

Jerm

"the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round! The wheels on the bus go round and round all thru the square!"

That is not only a smart mouth answer, it is also one of my fav memories. One night a bus load of people coming back from PI late one night singing that while the rest of us were about to attack them!

disneydiva72

I never even noticed there were songs being played on the bus. :lol:

I havent rode in a Disney bus in about 3 years tho, I now rent a car....is it fairly new?

hmansion

My favorite music is the themed "island/Hawaiian" music usually played when the bus is in the vicinity of the Polynesian. It's soothing and easily ignored, if you wish to do so.

Not to digress, but I don't think I'm a big fan of the music on the busses. I don't recall when it started. It seems to be GPS-driven, playing location-relevant themed music. Surf tunes near Blizzard Beach, jazz near the Contemporary, etc.. I have always loved taking Disney's transportation, but we probably all understand the experience of the evening ride back to the hotel, exhausted and sleepy, feeling a bit less magical and ready for bed, wishing there were a few less folks crowded onboard and that they all knew to use their "inside voices" on the bus. The bus music at times just adds to sensory overload for me. In particular, I find the jazz track with alto sax and overdriven guitar usually played en-route to the Contemporary to be really annoying and just plain bizarre. It would really be a shame if this sonic-assault ever made its way to the Monorails. Sometimes its just nice to enjoy some down time while someone else drives between parks.

Thread detour over. Grumpy rant through :)

Steve

maryszhi

i love it when the bus driver has a conversation with us. the one time i noticed he was from worchester, ma(pronounced wooster). i said it the right way and he said how did i know from being from il. i told him my dads from massachutes, and we go to boston and the cape every summer to visit friends

LudwigVonDrake

Last summer we had a few bus drivers on our bus to the Contemporary as they were training a new driver. They all said they hate the Animal Kingdom music. They said they could bang two sticks together and make better music :)

wvdisneyfamily

I love the bus loop for Port Orleans Riverside. We're staying at the WL this year for the first time. I actually wasn't sure if I wanted to stay at WL (which I know sounds crazy to 99% of the population). Money wasn't of any concern. I like the price of POR a lot more, but the cost difference really wasn't what was holding me back. I love POR soooooo much. It is so beautiful and perfect. I love the lengthy walks to and from the bus stops because it gives me a chance to enjoy POR. Like I said earlier, the bus spiel just gives me little chill bumps. The ride home at night is so relaxing with the crickets and frogs. :)

Would anyone happen to have a link to the various bus spiels?

maryszhi

I love the bus loop for Port Orleans Riverside. We're staying at the WL this year for the first time. I actually wasn't sure if I wanted to stay at WL (which I know sounds crazy to 99% of the population). Money wasn't of any concern. I like the price of POR a lot more, but the cost difference really wasn't what was holding me back. I love POR soooooo much. It is so beautiful and perfect. I love the lengthy walks to and from the bus stops because it gives me a chance to enjoy POR. Like I said earlier, the bus spiel just gives me little chill bumps. The ride home at night is so relaxing with the crickets and frogs. :)

i love the por one :)

Tinkerbella16

Stayed at POR last year, and also loved the bus spiel for POR. Coming back to the hotel late at night at park closing, it was so peaceful listening to southern music and the crickets.

maryszhi

Stayed at POR last year, and also loved the bus spiel for POR. Coming back to the hotel late at night at park closing, it was so peaceful listening to southern music and the crickets.
i know it reminds me soooo much of new orleans. i remember when our friends crew( mardi gra) had there ball, and we were returning very early in the morning to the plantation she bought and just wondering around in my gown. it was so peacful, i just laid down and listened to the frogs and crickets

DoleWhipDiva

Fave: AKL music especially when you get to the park it plays the song that is on the Safari ride

Least Fave: POP (Can't stand All in the Family theme song)

luckyeye13

My favorite bus music loops are Downtown Disney, Pop Century, Epcot, DAK, and the VIP Cast Member buses. In fact, I have the songs that I was actually able to identify from DTD, POP, and the CM buses downloaded onto an SD card that I play in my GPS system when I need to keep it plugged in (as that means that my XM Radio can't be used). It's a nice reminder of all the time that I spent working and playing at WDW.

puntagordabob

During the MK announcement the Mickey Mouse Club theme song and at EPCOT Center announcement that plays the One Little Spark..gets me excited to know I have arrived at my favorite two parks! :)

Brommy

i love it when the bus driver has a conversation with us. the one time i noticed he was from worchester, ma(pronounced wooster). i said it the right way and he said how did i know from being from il. i told him my dads from massachutes, and we go to boston and the cape every summer to visit friends

And spelt 'Worcester'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom