Fastpasses for sale?

mitchs

Original Poster
I have seen people selling fastpasses on EBay. I think that this doesnt seem right on any level. Hw can they get away with this? Dont fastpasses expire within a certain number of hours and if they are purchased and why arent cast members stopping this?
:mad:

rbrower

They probably are buying them for,well, what should I call this, decoration or as an artifact. I don't know the best way to put that. They probably aren't selling them to try to make others think they can use them in the park once they are delivered.

PigletIsMyCat

No, they are selling them for money to have people attempt to use them at Disneyworld. Occassionally you will see sellers (like myself) who have a limited amount of used or unused FastPasses and/or park tickets that sell to collectors (I personally have a contact in France who is almost always interested in buying FP's or tickets - he collects them from every park across the globe). Most of the people looking to sell/buy FP's on eBay are doing it with the intention of the FP's being used to get onto the FP line at a certain attraction, regardless of the return time. I have had to fend off numerous questions about my $5 park tickets like 'how long are they good for?' and 'how many days are left on the ticket?' even though my selling headline says 'USED Disney tickets - for collectible purpose only!'.

tampabrad

The fastpasses I have seen on EBay are either babyswap or from an attraction closing while guests are still in line. How people get so many? I have no idea. May be photoshop, a good color printer and the right paper stock. (Not difficult to buy at any Office Depot) Usually these passes have no expiration and no time. They do say they are "not for resale." What the EBay seller does to get around this is to sell a sticker that comes with "X" amount of free fastpasses. I have seen people spend hundreds of $$$ on these things and I feel bad for them, it seems like such a waste to the buyer and such a con from the seller.

Unfortunately EBay will do nothing to help curb this problem. Hopefully Disney will start to print expiration dates on the passes.

dolbyman

Thats pretty sad that people would buy something off ebay that they could get for free when they enter the parks.

well since park entry costs money .. and some peeps live across the world away .. a FP off ebay can be pretty cheap .. if you're a collector :shrug:

oh well .. I'm off to DL ... yieeh .. :sohappy:

Eyorefan

That's just said. Ebay is horriable about policing itself and basicly just leaves it all up to its users to police the site and keep eachother honest.

I think it's a far theory, but when its so obvious that people are saling bogus merchindise... ebay should step in and do something IMHO.

lilclerk

I've usually seen them on ebay as a "Free gift when you buy..." a travel guide or something else silly. I think that's because ... I'm not sure here, but doesn't it say right on the fastpass that it's not for resale and has no value or something?

smk

I really was shocked when I pulled up this thread. There are some good sellers on e-bay and there are some really shady characters. Check out this link. Look at how many bids and what the price is up to!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walt-Disney-Wor...ryZ16071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This seller said "I personally used them so I know they are good", now, how can that be? I have used a FP before (many times) and never walked away from the ride with my FP. It has always been taken from me by the CM at the ride. Can anyone use a used FP? And these are going (or have gone) for 207 dollars. Crazy. Just crazy. I guess I just don't have enough disposable income these days, or I am sane enough to know I can get a FP in the park (for free) and actually use it the way it is intended to be used. I have very little patience for those who skirt around rules.

PurpleDragon

Well honestly the one and only thing that will crack down on people trying to use FP they bought on the internet is for CMs to enforce the time/date posted on the ticket. If the FP was for 5:10 - 6:10PM on Saturday June 23rd, then someone trying to use them on Monday July 9th should not be permitted to enter the FP line with the expired FP.

Then maybe people won't be so stupid as to buy FP on the internet with the intention of using them in the parks. If they do then thats their stupid mistake.

I can understand people wanting to buy FP for their collections, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that most buyers are people looking to use them, and sellers are mostly aming at that market.

mhead

As stated earlier most of these are rider switch or rider re-entry passes. Rider switch passes and do not always have expiration dates. As far as having them available or them not being taken up - they probably got a rider switch pass at all rides but did not use them all becaue one pass is good for up to 3 people. At MGM this past weekend we actually had a CM come to us as we came in the park and ask if we were going to ride Rock N Roller Coaster that day - we told her 5 of us would be and she handed us 2 rider switch passes to use whenever - which we did later in the day!

slappy magoo

I've no idea, but it sounds like someone is waiting on line, and then when he gets up front says something like "My wife is outside with the baby, and she's going to ride when I come out, could I get one of those switching pass thingys?" The CM gives him the pass, he hoards them and then sells them. Perhaps even making copies of them (I've no idea how hard or easy they'd be to counterfeit)

If this is the case, then it also sounds like WDW needs to start doing something to differentiate the day the passes are valid, whether it's actually printing the date on the pass ala Fastpass, or having color-coded passes (if it's Tuesday the 23rd it must be goldenrod. :D )

smk

I've no idea, but it sounds like someone is waiting on line, and then when he gets up front says something like "My wife is outside with the baby, and she's going to ride when I come out, could I get one of those switching pass thingys?" The CM gives him the pass, he hoards them and then sells them. Perhaps even making copies of them (I've no idea how hard or easy they'd be to counterfeit)

If this is the case, then it also sounds like WDW needs to start doing something to differentiate the day the passes are valid, whether it's actually printing the date on the pass ala Fastpass, or having color-coded passes (if it's Tuesday the 23rd it must be goldenrod. :D )
Good ideas.

I guess if people are going to find a way around a rule they will do it no matter what anyone thinks. Disney can make it more difficult but where there's a will....

I looked at the FP's being sold, one was a switch FP as I recall, the others were regular FP's. Very expensive....270 dollars for the set. A complete waste of money, IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom