Fastpass returning June 1st???

mergatroid

I know what he or she meant, it's still a foreign concept to me.

People say things like "we got a lot done at Animal Kingdom today" instead of "we had a lot of fun at Animal Kingdom today." Some (most?) of my best days in a Disney park have looked a lot like hitting two or three FastPasses and then spending the rest of the day doing trails, shops, shows, and snacks.
You confused me by saying "I don't understand the mindset", I took that as meaning you didn't understand. When we go we often do a few attractions, walk around and take it easy. We've been so many times we don't need to rush and get everything done. However when we do HHN we go with the intention of being productive so I completely get their point of view.

ToTBellHop

Sorry.. see my edit. Your comment about deluxe resorts is a good one.
Yes. I could see the argument from the company, too. It’s kind of like the Universal model. Value resort gets you a room, transportation, and an earlier entry into the park. At a deluxe, you also get some guaranteed rides built in. I presume moderates would end up with fewer reservations. It could all be built into Genie.

I‘m in the category where I could pay for a deluxe if I really wanted to, but don’t see the value right now. Something like this might sway a person like me. We just bought into DVC a few years back to avoid this issue altogether.

disneygeek90

People say things like "we got a lot done at Animal Kingdom today" instead of "we had a lot of fun at Animal Kingdom today." Some (most?) of my best days in a Disney park have looked a lot like hitting two or three FastPasses and then spending the rest of the day doing trails, shops, shows, and snacks.
My days are a lot different than tourist days, but there are times I am at a park 5 hours and go on one attraction. I'm perfectly fine hanging at a bar, people watching, or just walking around the parks and shops. I really miss the lack of shows.

CosmicRays

Sure. I should say, “I struggle to imagine them selecting an option without built-in advantages for on-site guests.” They are well aware that they need perks to fill the deluxe resorts, in particular.
Do you think they would ever consider something like Universals express pass for deluxe resorts?

Edit: woops didnt realize you had already answered it right after.

Last edited:

mattpeto

Not any. I know of at least one variation that doesn’t.
Do you have any details on Disney Genie? That's where my money is on for the successor to FP+. Besides helping you plan your trip, could it be a subscription service that helps you land FP+, transportation options, etc.?

It's bizarre that Disney doesn't seem to care about the Bubble Perks anymore.

UNCgolf

Same here. There are people who would see the number of attractions I did total with a 7 day park hopper and think I'm an idiot/wasted my money. I think there were days where I was only on two or three rides all day.

But I also think that's why some of those people don't understand why the theming matters that much or why you'd really enjoy a smaller dark ride. They're just looking for a different experience -- there's nothing wrong with that, but it is the biggest difference between Disney and most other parks around the world. There aren't many other parks you can visit for a whole day, not spend that day rushing from ride to ride, and still have a great time. At most places the rides themselves are the only reason to visit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

buying tickets entitle you to rides in an AMUSEMENT park.

that's ultimately what you’re buying

in other words: don’t make it so easy for them to rob you by accepting their rationed ride system. They didn’t build to give you a full day value. Period. Since Dak. Period again.

Anyone heard this rumor?
A family member is telling me she has insider info.
I'm thinking it maybe by October 1, 2021 for the 50th Anniversary.. just maybe.. Orange County Mayor is recommending larger capacities now.. so the lines are pretty long now, so, if Disney does increase capacity, they'll need to bring back FP. IMHO

Anyone heard this rumor?
A family member is telling me she has insider info.
I'm thinking that Oct. 1, 2021 might be the day they MAY bring back FP. The mayor of Orange County has stated that places can now add more capacity to establishments. So, the lines are pretty long now and if Disney does increase capacity, they should bring back FP or it will be a line nightmare for rides.. especially the new ones they'll be opening like Ratatouille and others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom