FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoachable

Yup, thats why I'm saying I would be willing to pay more to make my time more enjoyable and less standing around.
Isn’t this what the whole argument is about? Paying MORE for something that used to be a part of the experience offered for free (at what used to be the Worlds best run Theme Park?)
(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:

dreday3

Maybe I should have said:
What is the thought process behind someone willing to do pay that?

Nobody has to do it. It's there as a choice - wait in line for "free" or pay extra, skip the line.

I mean, our first night we plan to go to Epcot - if Rat's line is ridiculous and I can buy us each front of the line for $15 each....yeah, we'll do it. I'm not saying I'm asking for paid fast pass, but I am being honest that there are times I would probably buy into it.

I'm part of the problem! :D

bcoachable

When it does come back I won't wait for 145 minutes for any ride cause I will pay for it just about every time. Outside of my local park that I go to a lot, I always buy whatever skip the line system a park has. My time is money and the less people who have access to whatever system comes in the better.
Just wondering- are you able to come to terms with the fact that the lines used to be structured somewhat efficiently with no EXTRA cost to you? And that today’s Disney is manipulating line waits to help pull that extra money out of your pocket? (Please understand that I’m probably goin to do the same as you, eventually- I’m just having a really hard time staying “in love” with what is being done to the theme park I fell in love with 20 or so years ago)
#FP+ < building new rides

kong1802

Nobody has to do it. It's there as a choice - wait in line for "free" or pay extra, skip the line.

I mean, our first night we plan to go to Epcot - if Rat's line is ridiculous and I can buy us each front of the line for $15 each....yeah, we'll do it. I'm not saying I'm asking for paid fast pass, but I am being honest that there are times I would probably buy into it.

It's cheaper than the early morning magic hours or whatever they were...

See, now I'm already starting to Disney math it and rationalize it.

Problem is, we are all the problem....... :)

bcoachable

We can agree to disagree. All I can say is that FP+ made my family's trips significantly better VS what we just experienced. With that said, everyone should remember that there are still many variables at play that impact current conditions (though I doubt things would be any better without them...likely worse): the parks are not yet operating at even summer capacity as far as we can tell, let alone full capacity; most entertainment and shows are still down- many of these are very high capacity, so that could have a real impact, but likely offset by even higher attendance; the limitations on park hopping until 2 PM impact late morning/afternoon crowds- some parks would likely be more busy and some less busy without those limits.

At the end of the day, none of us really get a vote in what is going to happen (sure, vote with your money and answer surveys, but that won't change the next 6 months). Right now, today, is as fast pass free as WDW is probably ever going to be. Not bringing fastpass back in some form isn't on the table. So we can debate whether WDW is better with or without FP+, but the reality is that sometime soon Disney is bringing SOMETHING back. I see 3 possibilities:

1. Some combination of a free tier and paid tier. Everyone (or maybe just resort guests) gets 1 or 2 FP's and then anyone can buy additional ones. I could also see them tiering it so everyone gets 1, resort guests at moderate hotels get 2 and resort guests a deluxe hotels get 3 and you can buy more.

2. Fully paid FP for the masses- basically FP+ but with a lowish $10-$15 per day fee. Low enough that a large percentage of people pay it. That option might actually generate the largest profits for them.

3. Fully paid FP for the rich- some form of FP- per ride or unlimited- at a high cost- $10-$20+ per ride or $200-$300+ per day. It has to be high enough that relatively few people will use it in order not to impact standby too badly (bad press) and to make the cost worth it to people (basically walk on access).

Just my thoughts, we'll see what happens.
Wondering to myself- would you have preferred FP+ over having MORE rides and things to do at the parks (to disperse the crowds) instead?
I think I’m choosing more rides…

Missing20K

Eh, I don’t think Rat is worth the extra $15/pp. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a top notch C ticket (it’s too short to be a D imo) but no way on Earth would I wait more than 30-40 min and you’d have to pry the $15 out of my dead hand. Just my couple pennies.

dreday3

Eh, I don’t think Rat is worth the extra $15/pp. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a top notch C ticket (it’s too short to be a D imo) but no way on Earth would I wait more than 30-40 min and you’d have to pry the $15 out of my dead hand. Just my couple pennies.

It's the ride I'm most excited for! :D But I'm a sucker for any dark ride.

havoc315

THIS.

Yes, the prices are fairly high. But that's the point. Fastpass+ had very little real benefit, because when you try to let EVERYONE skip the line, you're really not giving a benefit to anyone. It's mostly illusion. Yes, you get to "skip" 1 or 2 lines, but you pay it back in other lines.

The fairly high price will indeed limit the benefit. As you said, you'll do a cost benefit analysis. As will everyone. Prices need to be high enough to discourage the majority of people. You can't sell 30,000 access passes to a ride with a capacity of 10,000 per day.

Those looking at it as, "damn, at $15 per pass, I'll need to spend $600 per day for a family of 4" are missing the point. Yes, you'll have the option of spending $600 per day, just like people have the option of spending $4,000 for a VIP tour.
But most people will do a cost benefit analysis based on their own willingness to wait on a line, their desire for the ride, and their own personal budgeting.
Some people will be willing to spend $20 to skip a 15 minute line to Star Tours. Some people will think it's not even worth $10 to skip a 2 hour line at FOP. The pricing will adjust -- that 15 minute line to Star Tours will see the access price drop to $5-$10, while that FOP 2-hour line skip will jump to $20-$30.

In the end, I suspect on average, people will utilize it like FP. 2-3 rides per day, that they will pay for. I'm guessing that will be the average... with many guests never paying for a single ride, and some guests paying for 5+.

dreday3

I mean, nobody wants to pay extra money for things, but...

Why is virtually every other park allowed to do some sort of paid, front of the line pass, yet Disney is held to some kind of standard that it's just out of the question for them?

Business gonna business....

disneygeek90

If paid FP comes to WDW (I'm sure it will), it will stick in my mind as the "carnivalization of Disney".
The pay per ride thing seems odd to me. I would probably rather something closer to Universal. I have the top pass at Universal which grants Express after 4pm. I don't know how realistic something like that would be at Disney but I would definitely upgrade to it if they made that available. Even if they doubled the price of the AP.

Lil Copter Cap

I think the biggest issue for me is that none of this is necessary. Invest money into new attractions and you'll spread people out and encourage them to buy more in the parks after riding. Yes, it's a money grab, but not even close to being justified, ESPECIALLY at WDW where so many beloved attractions are falling into disrepair...but I guess if I pay $15 to ensure I ride a dust-covered Test Track before it goes down it'll have been worth it. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom