FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

A lot of the "regulars" on here claim to know more/be smarter than all the other users and could not be more wrong.........

So smart that they helped drive free FP+ from WDW and now will have to pay for it while lines continue to get longer...........Well i just wanted to say, good job! you won...........now have fun waiting 145 minutes in Peter Pan line

Whatever increase in the standby lines was created by FP+ was WELL worth it to skip the longest lines, especially when it was free
When it does come back I won't wait for 145 minutes for any ride cause I will pay for it just about every time. Outside of my local park that I go to a lot, I always buy whatever skip the line system a park has. My time is money and the less people who have access to whatever system comes in the better.

Missing20K

Nearly every major, and some minor, ride had queue lines spilling out into the park pretty much the entire time it was open. So much so that most rides had to have a cast member standing at the end of the line holding a sign saying where the end of the line started and what ride it was for.
Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Waters Back Side

And Disney's plan is working perfectly - make lines as miserable as possible so that when they dangle the option to skip the line for just $15/person, people jump all over it. Geniuses.
Except during the busiest times of the year when WDW is packed the regular annual guests and most guests in general will not fall for it. People are not dumb. WDW and FP+ went hand in hand due to convenience, time saving and planning. Especially when they see no improvement to the lines as more and more opens and capacity increases. Some people will pay. Many with large parties will no longer go to WDW or no longer spend money on things like the food plan, up charged events etc.

SpoiledBlueMilk

When it does come back I won't wait for 145 minutes for any ride cause I will pay for it just about every time. Outside of my local park that I go to a lot, I always buy whatever skip the line system a park has. My time is money and the less people who have access to whatever system comes in the better.
Same - I'll pay for the ease of use. Simple opportunity cost.

Laketravis

Unless, of course, they decide to spend their money elsewhere.

Yeah, I think calling those who saw the cracks in the dam "haters" and to blame them for the failure itself is a bit childish and simplistic. It also glosses over the fact that the original FP system (worked ok) was replaced with a multi-billion dollar FP+ system (didn't work ok) that was plagued with issues from the beginning (advent of tiers, etc). Many of those "original haters" also cautioned that FP+ was simply a stepping stone to the logical end game, a pay-for system.

Because at the end of the day the only way to provide all 25K guests the use of a resource that can only accommodate 10K is to build more resources.

Laketravis

It might be a consideration if I hadn't already paid anywhere from $45 to $125 per day to access the park to begin with.
Plus lodging.
Plus food.
Plus transportation.
Plus parking.

Ahhhhh yes....because these were the days we will all look back at and wish we still had! Hint: That was NOT a line to the Restrooms, although I suppose there is some irony in that FP+ went to the toilet:

1627658501796.jpeg

jpinkc

I am VERY averse to paying for FP, with the crazy prices Disney already charges!! But seeing how they are letting it melt down ATM I hate to admit I said it all along. They are waiting til it gets stupid and will ride in with Paid FP to save the day. I kinda think its a disgusting money grab for what they are charging to stay on property, but there isnt a Damn thing we can do about it other than not go! This Nov trip we have booked may be our last for a while and I HATE THAT!!!

skypilot2922

I think at this point with a lot of people in the parks and masking they should really be moving to whatever they plan for line skips more quickly. Paid, unpaid, just do something. There are enough dumb things delayed until October; I hope this doesn't end up being another one.

This will be delayed till a full blown crisis and then introduced as 'By Guest Demand"... pay for front of line, pay for reduced standby I have an idea let's not pay and spend the money elsewhere, My plane could use an autopilot that costs about the same as a Disney trip plus it puts american manufacturing workers to work.

G00fyDad

I was not a fan of the concept of FP+, but it absolutely worked for me, because I knew how to get the most out of it.

However, if FP+ worked so well, why was it never implemented in any other Disney park?

Because it was a perfect system for a four park 7-14 day location. FP+ would be too odd for a 1 or 2 park location. In those locations the MaxPass worked perfect.

TrojanUSC

Because it was a perfect system for a four park 7-14 day location. FP+ would be too odd for a 1 or 2 park location. In those locations the MaxPass worked perfect.

It would not be "too odd," they would just have to change the parameters of how far out you need to book, etc. The reality though is it wasn't a perfect system and Disney isn't bringing it back for this reason.

lightguy

Two of those three rides would likely have low waits anyways. FP+ made you think they are valuable.
Well, there's no FP+ now and almost nothing has a low wait, so not sure I buy that.

People could use their 3 FP's however they wanted...if they wanted to do shows or C tickets that didn't usually have big waits, that was up to them. Personally we always picked 3 E-tickets, rope dropped a 4th and did some smaller stuff and shows in between. Usually hit a dozen things by noon including most/all of the e-tickets (except in the MK- too many there for 1 morning).

Everyone has a different opinion about FP+ and I think individual views come down to generally 2 things: How effectively you used it and what your touring style was. If you liked to plan, then it generally worked great because you could basically guarantee that you had 3 (big if you wanted) rides booked and wouldn't have to wait 1-2 hours for each one. If you didn't like planning ahead and enjoyed just walking around the park and riding whatever you felt like, then it probably did increase your wait times somewhat....though I think Disney increasing the number of people in the parks over that same time period without building much new capacity probably had more to do with the increased waits than FP+ did.

If you didn't like FP+ and think things will be alot better now without it, then I encourage you to go to WDW and see what it's like and comeback and give us an honest assessment of how it was without FP+. I've been there twice this year and the January Trip was far different from the July trip as far as lines and crowds. So much so that I have very little desire to go back until things change.

TrojanUSC

Well, there's no FP+ now and almost nothing has a low wait, so not sure I buy that.

People could use their 3 FP's however they wanted...if they wanted to do shows or C tickets that didn't usually have big waits, that was up to them. Personally we always picked 3 E-tickets, rope dropped a 4th and did some smaller stuff and shows in between. Usually hit a dozen things by noon including most/all of the e-tickets (except in the MK- too many there for 1 morning).

Everyone has a different opinion about FP+ and I think individual views come down to generally 2 things: How effectively you used it and what your touring style was. If you liked to plan, then it generally worked great because you could basically guarantee that you had 3 (big if you wanted) rides booked and wouldn't have to wait 1-2 hours for each one. If you didn't like planning ahead and enjoyed just walking around the park and riding whatever you felt like, then it probably did increase your wait times somewhat....though I think Disney increasing the number of people in the parks over that same time period without building much new capacity probably had more to do with the increased waits than FP+ did.

If you didn't like FP+ and think things will be alot better now without it, then I encourage you to go to WDW and see what it's like and comeback and give us an honest assessment of how it was without FP+. I've been there twice this year and the January Trip was far different from the July trip as far as lines and crowds. So much so that I have very little desire to go back until things change.

But the tier system by the end prevented you from picking 3 tickets at every park.

And I'm here now. It's a busy summer day in July. The park is always packed. Lines move relatively quickly. If FP existed the pathways would be even more congested, the lines would be even more backed up (because people would be in two lines at once, technically) and once you burned through your pre-booked ones, you'd likely wind up having to wait in much longer lines for everything else. It's a shell game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom