FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

Firstly we really have to move away from the word FastPass as it won't be called that once everything is done.

People also have to realise that the Paris to the American parks version won't be a direct 1-2-1, heard some stuff from some peeps I trust so will share - N.B. some of nuances are still being tossed about internally:
  • All three resorts will allow pay for individual FP per person per attraction
  • WDW and DL will have plans think 'old' DDP: Counter Service, Regular and Deluxe, however I'm told these will be ticket add-ons
  • Individual and plans will have seasonal pricing
  • Attractions will be divided into 3 categories: Classics, Headliner, Super Headliner
  • Examples: Classics think PPF, Headliner think BTMR, Super Headliner think FoP.
  • With the plans when you run out of your credits you can buy MORE!
  • Current internal debate around redeeming credits. i.e. do two Classic credits redeemed get you a Headliner and do two Headliner credits redeemed get you a Super Headliner.
  • Another is how many are you given and do you get them all up front or do none tokens used get stacked on to the next day.
P.S. UK visitors get ready for another round of ticket changes to reflect the new front of line access passes and to include seasonal pricing.

P.S.S I've been told DDP when it comes back will be undergoing similar changes:
  • Either with DDP tokens at sit down dining and signature it would go to a prix fix menu at all locations and remain the same policies as was in place previously for counter service and snacks
  • Or they give out a credit amount so if a plan is worth $60 per day it shows on your MDE as $60, to suitably force users from the higher priced options. I'm told from multiple F+B managers either of the plans would be a god send

:D

So I'm stuck on the prix fixe menu - are you saying the rumor is that all sit-down dining locations would go prix fixe or that those using the dining plan would have to order off a separate prix fixe menu? It's got to be the latter - otherwise people would go ballistic.

bcoachable

Magic Kingdom had 20,963,000 guests in 2019, an average of 57,433 guests per day. Lets just use these numbers...IF you charge each person only 5 dollars a day to ride some of the attractions (aside from 2 or 3 free rides) Disney would make for the year $104,815,000 on a service that they offered for free as a perk. 5 dollars a guest per day for a party of 4 for a week its $100. That's CAVE level. I can deal with $100. I cant deal with $1000.
Not arguing with you at all-
I would like to know (and then compare gains to losses) how much money the company will loose due to the customer realizing they are being ripped off, after the implementation of the “Pay to Play” scheme- thus not returning ever again to spend another dime…

phillip9698

Firstly we really have to move away from the word FastPass as it won't be called that once everything is done.

People also have to realise that the Paris to the American parks version won't be a direct 1-2-1, heard some stuff from some peeps I trust so will share - N.B. some of nuances are still being tossed about internally:
  • WDW and DL will have plans think 'old' DDP: Counter Service, Regular and Deluxe, however I'm told these will be ticket add-ons
  • Attractions will be divided into 3 categories: Classics, Headliner, Super Headliner
  • Examples: Classics think PPF, Headliner think BTMR, Super Headliner think FoP.
  • Current internal debate around redeeming credits. i.e. do two Classic credits redeemed get you a Headliner and do two Headliner credits redeemed get you a Super Headliner.
  • Another is how many are you given and do you get them all up front or do none tokens used get stacked on to the next day.
P.S. UK visitors get ready for another round of ticket changes to reflect the new front of line access passes and to include seasonal pricing.

• Either with DDP tokens at sit down dining and signature it would go to a prix fixe menu at all locations and remain the same policies as was in place previously for counter service and snacks
  • Or they give out a credit amount so if a plan is worth $60 per day it shows on your MDE as $60, to suitably force users from the higher priced options. I'm told from multiple F+B managers either of the plans would be a god send

OH I can't wait to see the discussion that new DDP setup will bring.

G00fyDad

• Either with DDP tokens at sit down dining and signature it would go to a prix fixe menu at all locations and remain the same policies as was in place previously for counter service and snacks
🤣🤣

G00fyDad

OH I can't wait to see the discussion that new DDP setup will bring.
I'll wait and find out what Disney's actually going to do instead of listening to somebody who says they've heard something from someone who heard something from someone who heard something.

KrzyKtty

I can't imagine who would still want a table-service dining plan if that turns out to be true!

Maybe counter-service if you really want a dining plan, but no way for sit down.
I don't want any version of their dining plan LOL. It is WAY to much food for any normal person. And the fact that I still had to budget a ridiculous amount on Tips anyway wasn't much help. There isn't much of a point in the "pre-pay" notion if I still have to budget for all of the tips anyway. And as a vegetarian, with two children, we would almost never come out on top. I used the Dining Plan one time and was not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom