FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's funny. If you miss a day of this thread, just simply come back the next day and skip ahead to the very last page (usually it'll be a gap of 15 -20 pages ) and I guarantee the conversation will be just where you left off.
…First day on the “internet”?
Hey, I tried asking a legitimate question! Two people paid attention. :D
I like new stuff…what was the question?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't understand why they wouldn't just make it simple that each plan comes with "X" number of "access credits" or whatever trademark they come up with and then different attractions cost a different number of credits. Why confuse people with naming and categorizing the attractions?
They do that…

at the seaside boardwalk in New Jersey and every traveling carnie

Jeff4272

You had to pretty much do it first thing day off…like the stupid Cinderella reservations.

all of that “process” sucks…I don’t miss that…nor will I ever
Sure. I agree. I’d much rather wake up hours earlier and RUN to get maybe a FP for 6 hours later EVERY day I was there other than taking 10 minutes out of my day 60 days in advance to get 3 rides guaranteed every day. Makes a ton of sense.

Jeff4272

Agreed. And some people don’t have the luxury of knowing what their schedule will be 60 or 180 days out.

Anecdotal, but I know a family with small children planning their trip to WDW at the last minute because a parent was given an unexpected health diagnosis and told “now or probably never.” Other families may have less tragic but no less compelling to them reasons to go on the spur of the moment. Our last trip was planned in less than three weeks because we had an opportunity too good to pass by spring up. (Also, getting up at 2:45 AM on the West Coast just to try to snag a coveted breakfast reservation or 3:45 AM for FP+ : not everyone has the luxury of being able to function without a good night’s sleep, either.)

Disneyland never had FP+ and the highly crowded parks managed to survive on day of access to FastPass just fine. Granted, it‘s a different resort with a different guest culture, as are DLP and Shanghai, which is why I’m not channeling my inner Gaston and sharpening my pitchfork over paid-only FastPass coming to WDW just yet.
Understand but isn’t that better than waking up early EVERY DAY you are there hours early? Switch them once you know.

ImperfectPixie

What did I say? It’s been 3 days and already the $120 per day ticket has been dismissed as a cover charge…just a baseline to make the Mickey spin
The last time we went to the county fair (and this is a REAL country fair with animal judging/selling, quilting, baking...the whole 9...along with a midway and tons of rides) was when my oldest was about 3 years old (12 years ago). For a few hours of walking around and looking at stuff, a few of the games (seriously...like 3), and a few rides for me, him, and my mother...it was well over $100.

We didn't even buy anything.

Jeff4272

because you have bought into disney’s offer as the only way it can be done. Yet, it’s not. Wdw is the standout, not the norm.

seriously, just do a disney cruise and see the other side
Such a flawed argument. Are your comparing one boat to 4 parks and 2 water parks? Do you know Epcot is larger than the island of Manhattan? Just makes ZERO sense in any way you try to spin it.

Jeff4272

Tell that to the people who can’t understand why people don’t wake up in the middle of the night six months before their vacation to get a Cinderella’s Royal Table reservation. Also, I’ve gotten FoP FP by constantly refreshing, even when we planned only three weeks out, but that involved being online all the time. I missed most of Christmas one year because I was trying for certain FastPasses and ADRs. Made the vacation less stressful but Christmas? That was tense as my face was buried in my phone. My choice to do that, so I’m not complaining, just pointing out FP+ is not unicorns and rainbows for all users as some are making it out to be.

Disneyland is my home park and honestly? Not having to worry about FastPass until day of is FAR more relaxed, equitable and fun in my experience. 🤷‍♀️
Or wake up every day you’re there hours in advance and do it every single day. Yeah. Great logic.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I never missed one at 60 days. Ever
I loved your DVD...
91eN76XafIL._SL1500_.jpg

KrzyKtty

Look, there aren't enough people that are going to boycott the parks and their new systems to make any impact on what they are changing. So other than just winning about the unfairness of it all, there's not much to be done. You either move on and never go again, or just suck it up and keep on keeping on. We are going to spend well over $20,000 on our two week trip next year, but it's also our last big hurrah. It is the culmination of the 50th anniversary and our kids turning into teenagers in no longer being young kids. The fact that we might not go back again for a long time after next year doesn't really have a whole lot to do with Disney and their decisions. We decided a long long time ago that when the kids get to a certain age we were going to concentrate on taking them on international trips a whole lot more than taking them to the big mouse every year. I love Disney World with my whole heart, and I am sure that I am going to spend many more years there no matter what. But after a certain point I have to realize that I'd rather take my kids to Yellowstone, Niagra, China, Japan, Ireland, Scotland, and a whole lot more places to teach them things outside of themselves then spend the same amount of money on a trip down in Florida 6 hours from my house.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

They do that…

at the seaside boardwalk in New Jersey and every traveling carnie
I guess this new system will basically be having two sets of people in the park. One set paying a cover charge and then having a ticket for each attraction like it is 1971 again and the other set paying an admission price to stand on interminable lines where you move three feet every five minutes for any popular ride.

KrzyKtty

I guess this new system will basically be having two sets of people in the park. One set paying a cover charge and then having a ticket for each attraction like it is 1971 again and the other set paying an admission price to stand on interminable lines where you move three feet every five minutes for any popular ride.
You know fairness it isn't a whole lot different in Universal. You have a general population that pay the admittance fee to attend the park, and then a smaller population that spends extra on the express pass. And even smaller population that gets it with their resorts. It hasn't been the doom and gloom there that everybody is making it out to be for Disney, if they even go with a similar concept which has not been actually announced.

DisneyCane

Look, there aren't enough people that are going to boycott the parks and their new systems to make any impact on what they are changing. So other than just ******** about the unfairness of it all, there's not much to be done. You either move on and never go again, or just suck it up and keep on keeping on. We are going to spend well over $20,000 on our two week trip next year, but it's also our last big hurrah. It is the culmination of the 50th anniversary and our kids turning into teenagers in no longer being young kids. The fact that we might not go back again for a long time after next year doesn't really have a whole lot to do with Disney and their decisions. We decided a long long time ago that when the kids get to a certain age we were going to concentrate on taking them on international trips a whole lot more than taking them to the big mouse every year. I love Disney World with my whole heart, and I am sure that I am going to spend many more years there no matter what. But after a certain point I have to realize that I'd rather take my kids to Yellowstone, Niagra, China, Japan, Ireland, Scotland, and a whole lot more places to teach them things outside of themselves then spend the same amount of money on a trip down in Florida 6 hours from my house.
I will say that if the access pass or whatever they call it sells out in advance, there may be a decent number of people who decide not to go. If the only way to avoid the barely moving, long standby lines of the FP and FP+ era is to pay some ridiculous amount that will also turn off a decent number of people.

If they don't design this system well, it could backfire and actually cause them to lose customers. It won't be an immediate effect but can happen over time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…you missed the part where the first group is designed to pressure the second group into compliance 👍🏻

KrzyKtty

I will say that if the access pass or whatever they call it sells out in advance, there may be a decent number of people who decide not to go. If the only way to avoid the barely moving, long standby lines of the FP and FP+ era is to pay some ridiculous amount that will also turn off a decent number of people.

If they don't design this system well, it could backfire and actually cause them to lose customers. It won't be an immediate effect but can happen over time.
The thing is, I don't think they actually care if they lose customers. I think they are willing to lose customers at this point if they can get more money out of the customers that are still willing to go. And quite honestly for those that are willing to spend the higher price tags, that will work out for them better in the long run. Is it elitist, yes. Is it a little bit wrong, probably. But the concept of a Disney vacation is not supposed to be a public right for all. You can either afford it or you can't and that's the reality of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom