FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup

The Atlantis was $7600k same week (end of December). For 5 people and the flight. That's one example of course I realize, bit it's the only other place we considered besides returning to Disney like we have every year.

If I am paying $10000 to continue returning to Disney and always during busy weeks, YES..as a consumer my expectation is to walk onto some rides for free. That's my opinion. Obviously many others feel different.

Had I stayed at a hotel by the airport and rented a car that's different. I choose to stay at a Disney hotel based on privileges and perks that come with it. Removing those perks and hearing some push back from it is not unreasonable by me or anyone else who agrees.
not unreasonable at all. It is cheaper and just as fun to stay off property with a car. I have stayed on property last few times due to perks. No perks why not stay off property and spend money in Orlando instead of Disney World. Bahama Breeze is a fantastic place to eat. Gotta have a car to get there. Mystery Dinner Theater in fun too. Gotta have a car and leave Disney behind to get there.

Parker in NYC

I heard that in 2006, in 2012 it was100% certain with employees straight out saying it would be a paid system, never happend.

Though now paid FP seems more likely than ever with Disney we only know one thing for sure, we never know until it happens, history proves that.
It’s happening already! And now, it’s made it to the western world.

MrHappy

Who knows? Is there laws pertaining to dynamic prices of fast passes at a theme park?

This has never been done before with this type of system at this scale.
I’m thinking in general. A consumer needs to know the price of a product or service before purchase, I wonder if a certain timeframe is required. At least with dynamic ticket pricing, it’s all predetermined and posted online. If this dumb thing happens, they should do the same. They should already have enough data to do this. @lentesta can probably do this in his sleep.

If more revenue is the goal, I’d rather they markup Merch and QSRs, or put a magic fee into certain bills. If the hope is for less in the FP line and faster standbys, then just limit the complimentary FP distros - 60 days for resort guests, 14 days for non guests, 7 days for AP (non resort).

dovetail65

It’s happening already!
I should remember to preface my posts with WDW, I only deal with WDW and for me personally WDW is all there is, not the other parks.

Unless it posted while I was asleep that WDW is is going to a paid FP and it is on the Disney website or a blog or statement came out from Disney itself like in Paris, we know nothing. I just woke up and I work at night is that the case? I'll have to check.

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

I should remember to preface my posts with WDW, I only deal with WDW and for me personally WDW is all there is, not the other parks.

Unless it posted while I was asleep that WDW is is going to a paid FP and it is on the Disney website or a blog or statement came out from Disney itself like in Paris, we know nothing. I just woke up, I work at night is that the case? I'll have to check.

Correct. Still know nothing.

Reactions: 412

KCheatle

I still cannot believe Disney off all places does not use the call back method...where they call you back at the number you called from when its your turn in the queue. I mean they seem to like Queues, it might makes sense.
They do. Not sure under what circumstances they use it?? But they offered it to me just a couple weeks ago when I called and they called me back.

Trauma

Again if you do not believe me that's cool but I just did it a little while ago.
The estimated wait time was less than 4 minutes and it was accurate.
Yeah and I just booked my room at the Grand Floridian for $99 a night 😀

You still don’t understand what people are saying.

Try reading again a bit slower.

Yes you can get thru sometimes with a reasonable wait time by pressing 0.

The person who answers will not be able to help you with most things.

Ask them to make a dining reservation for you and add another day of tickets onto your stay.

3 1/2 hours later when your call if finished let us know how that worked out.

Parker in NYC

Unless it posted while I was asleep that WDW is is going to a paid FP and it is on the Disney website or a blog or statement came out from Disney itself like in Paris, we know nothing. I just woke up, I work at night is that the case? I'll have to check.

Yipes! I didn’t mean to offend.

sup

seems like you just pay more nowadays and get less. No magical express soon, paid fast pass is a possibility, minimalistic "after hour party" events... list goes on.

Wait until the train is built at Disney springs and having your luggage carried or sent to your room is a paid service when it was done all for you before if you stayed on property.
Staying on property is becoming pointless when it cheaper to stay off property. No perks no reason to stay on property for the extra money it costs. A hotel is a hotel,, Disney had it going with a Disney hotel brings perks and more privileges.

dovetail65

Staying on property is becoming pointless when it cheaper to stay off property. No perks no reason to stay on property for the extra money it costs. A hotel is a hotel,, Disney had it going with a Disney hotel brings perks and more privileges.
It is only pointless from your perspective to save money or your perceived lack of value and you may not be wrong. There is such a thing to stay on Disney premises simply becasue a person likes it though.

I am not being rude but I have to point out, Chapek is not out to get the guests with your train of thought. He has said many times directly and indirectly that he is after the people that spend more, not people looking for a bargain and he is doing this to get a better return for stockholders. I also need point out that Disney stock holders are us.

That all being said I do not stay on property anymore for the long trips, they just cost too much. For me it was never about the perks, it was location and theme feel. I will go back to a few Disney owned a couple nights here and there for fun, but no more long trips. I agree with you so much I stopped paying for hotels at all.

sup

It is only pointless from your perspective to save money or your perceived lack of value and you may not be wrong. There is such a thing to stay on Disney premises simply becasue a person likes it though.

I am not being rude but I have to point out, Chapek is not out to get the guests with your train of thought. He has said many times directly and indirectly that he is after the people that spend more, not people looking for a bargain and he is doing this to get a better return for stockholders. I also need point out that Disney stock holders are us.

That all being said I do not stay on property anymore for the long trips, they just cost too much. For me it was never about the perks, it was location and theme feel. I will go back to a few Disney owned a couple nights here and there for fun, but no more long trips. I agree with you so much I stopped paying for hotels at all.
It not a money thing as much as it is a respect thing. Chapek is showing great disrespect to Walt Disney and his dream. No perks give no point to stay on property. Perks for on property was invented to bring people to Disney properties. Chapek is ruining everything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It not a money thing as much as it is a respect thing. Chapek is showing great disrespect to Walt Disney and his dream. No perks give no point to stay on property. Perks for on property was invented to bring people to Disney properties. Chapek is ruining everything.
Good grief…Disney has been dead for exactly 55 years…the street cares not what he thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom