FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihavenoname

Well, IMHO...and after 153 pages...this thread has certainly gone sufficiently off course...

Any news on why some FastPass machines seem to still be physically located in the parks and why all the FastPass signage is still physically there? (I am talking about the signs designating the FastPass line at each ride)

If FastPass is never coming back as it was, then why don't they just remove/change the signage and take out all the machines? Seems you would want to get it out of sight and out of mind, but no, Disney is keeping it there. Any discussion/thoughts about that if their plan is to kill FP?
My family is at WDW this week and I can say that the FP entrances are still being used by some guests. I’m not sure how they are earning the passes, but there is a noticeable number of people using FPs on the E-Ticket rides. Not anywhere near the previous levels, but it’s not just a guest here and there either. I wish I knew how they were getting them!

G00fyDad

My family is at WDW this week and I can say that the FP entrances are still being used by some guests. I’m not sure how they are earning the passes, but there is a noticeable number of people using FPs on the E-Ticket rides. Not anywhere near the previous levels, but it’s not just a guest here and there either. I wish I knew how they were getting them!

I could be way off but I believe it's still probably Disney World testing their system. They need a certain volume of people using fast passes to test the system properly. My guess is they've got cast members and probably close family members of those cast members using fast passes to help test.

acup313

There are a few groups that can use them now: DAS, Club 33, VIP tours, and people who had a ride break down and they were given a fast pass.

Disone

You are not missing some secret source of fastpass. What you are seeing is guest assistance passes and guest recovery passes.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

I could be way off but I believe it's still probably Disney World testing their system. They need a certain volume of people using fast passes to test the system properly. My guess is they've got cast members and probably close family members of those cast members using fast passes to help test.

No, it’s been the same groups the entire time. VIPs of varying types, service recovery (eg ride breakdown), DAS and child swaps. These last two types are, by far, the most common.

aaronml

The site that shall not be named is now reporting that free FP will be replaced at DLP with Disney Premier Access, just like in Shanghai.

DLP had previously offered paid FP upgrades such as “FastPass Ultimate”, etc. in addition to the standard free FP, but I guess TWDC wants to make even *more* money than that was bringing in.

If this is true, which seems likely, it all but confirms that FastPass is permanently gone for the US parks also. If the previous monetization at DLP wasn’t enough to satisfy Disney, then MaxPass at DLR isn’t either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info. What does DAS stand for?
This is a handy thread to have bookmarked...

Jedijax719

The site that shall not be named is now reporting that free FP will be replaced at DLP with Disney Premier Access, just like in Shanghai.

DLP had previously offered paid FP upgrades such as “FastPass Ultimate”, etc. in addition to the standard free FP, but I guess TWDC wants to make even *more* money than that was bringing in.

If this is true, which seems likely, it all but confirms that FastPass is permanently gone for the US parks also. If the previous monetization at DLP wasn’t enough to satisfy Disney, then MaxPass at DLR isn’t either.
How does DPA work? I tried to check it out online and my feeble brain didn't quite understand.

aaronml

TWDC these days reminds me of the airline industry…….. they know that people will keep coming no matter what, so they keep reducing quality / value over time as long as they can get away with it. Especially now that the official message from TWDC leadership seems to be “We don’t care about attendance anymore — our focus is on getting more revenue from fewer, ‘happier’ guests”.

What TWDC seems to not understand is that people don’t generally “love” airlines (the way that many people “love” Disney), largely because of the aforementioned approach. It also reminds me of how many people I know dislike Amazon as a company, but still pay for / use Amazon Prime due to its convenience.

Disney has built a lot of brand loyalty and goodwill over the years that they are quickly burning through with actions like this, ending DME, how they’ve handled the DLR AP program, and countless other recent moves.

Last edited:

havoc315

It appears likely that Disney Premier Access is coming to WDW.
Reliable rumor that DPA is replacing FP at Disneyland Paris. Already replaced FP in Shanghai.

It’s monetized same-day purchase of a group of access passes. In Shanghai, you can buy groupings of 3 or 6 attractions, I believe.

Ballpark prices of about $10 per attraction per person.
If it was that pricing at WDW, wonder how widely adopted it would be at Disney.
At Animal Kingdom, would you pay an extra $30 per person to skip the line at FOP, Tough to be a Bug, and Dinosaur?
(I’m speculating they would combine a super desirable FP with 2 less desirable).

Waters Back Side

Does that mean EVERYONE has to pay for it at DLP? Does not seem like there is a free component like rumored? At least without reading the specifics, I would hope not ALL on site resort guests have to pay. I'd never be able to enjoy Disney again since I only go peak weaks and pay a fortune to do so. No point in going if have to pay for all attractions.

aaronml

Does that mean EVERYONE has to pay for it at DLP? Does not seem like there is a free component like rumored? At least without reading the specifics, I would hope not ALL on site resort guests have to pay. I'd never be able to enjoy Disney again since I only go peak weaks and pay a fortune to do so. No point in going if have to pay for all attractions.
Just like SHDL, DLP has “Standby Pass” which is activated for more popular attractions during peak hours. It’s a replacement for the traditional Standby line and essentially works like Virtual Queues / Boarding Groups here in the US, except that you get a specific return time window (like FastPass) instead of just a boarding group number.

“Standby Pass” is the only free component sadly.

havoc315

I’d bet they give on-site guests some minor “advantage” like the ability to pre-purchase the Premier Pass, while off-site guests can only purchase same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom