FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurphyJoe

I'm really surprised there has not been ANY news on this. It seems like every day there is something now - fireworks coming back, restaurants re-opening, AKL re-opening date set, etc. etc.

I have to believe the discussion of if/how to bring FP back started months ago at corporate, and they have had travel predictions now for a while to compute numbers to analyze their bottom line. I am just really surprised that we're halfway through June on what is expected to be a crazy summer for travel and its just crickets from them??

Maybe it's the expected cost and associated training for the rollout? So to keep the books looking good after the shutdown, Disney is holding off on paid FP for the moment.

BaconPancakes

Expect a “fast” and loose announcement tomorrow. Be sure to check the news in the afternoon or it may “pass” you by…. 😉
1623950048446.gif

Parker in NYC

I nwver cease to be amazed at those families that make 3 times the median income and still claim to be middle class. The lack of knowledge of how the real middle class Americans live is shocking. Middleclass Americans have never been able to afford an onsite WDW vacation. Some did manage to visit if they stayed with relatives or stayed offsite and only visited once, but too many here claim WDW or DL used to be affordable for the middleclass to visit yearly. THAT IS PURE BS. Walt always charged prices that allowed his to live a rich lifestyle.
My legitimately middle-class family was able to afford many family trips to Disney before Iger decided to bloat prices to high Heaven.

acup313

Maybe it's the expected cost and associated training for the rollout? So to keep the books looking good after the shutdown, Disney is holding off on paid FP for the moment.
I would think they would want to have those on the books sooner rather than later. This fiscal year is already going to be fairly bad and you can blame it on COVID. If I was them I’d get as many costs in before October 1st as I could so next year looks even better.

flutas

All I noticed from the app visually was a new banner w/ the profile pic on the home screen and the text for “XX minute standby wait” being much smaller on the page for each individual attraction

I think that was from the previous update. Maybe I'm wrong.

seascape

I hope we can all agree on one thing, a person's real value has absolutely nothing to do with their family income. Being rich or poor is irrelevant to how good a person is. In fact lower income people contribute a higher percentage of the income to charity than the rich. Further, I agree that using terms like middleclass, upper class and lower class can be considered an insult so I apologize and will only use percentages and quintiles.

Now, it is clear that both Disney and Universal don't go after the middle income family, they go after the top 20%. Even Six Flags and Cedar Fair go after the top 40% of family based on income. The reality is that only people who refuse to admit they are financially well off claim that any of these parks care about the majority of the public. In fact 40% of the families can't even afford a $400 repair bill, so complaining about the cost of tickets to Disney or Universal is ........ One last thing, using ticket prices alone is also irrelevant as family size has decreased substantially since the 1950's. A better number would be to determine how much the average family spent as a percentage of their family income in the 1960's for trips to DL and compare that to today. Of course spending per person is higher today but they are spend on less people today. Walt Disney didn't design Disneyland for the average American, he designed it for his friends and Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom