FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutas

Pretty sure the standby text was the previous update, but the placement and size of the text and number was the only thing that changed today. Incredibly minor nonetheless

True.

But, minor things can hide big changes for apps like this.

It's not a 16MB download to change a few spacing issues typically. So I'm assuming *something* else changed under the hood.

mergatroid

Proud to be an Off-site slacker. I go home with low debt and cash in my pocket. Seems like winning to me.
So that's why they tried billing you for those other people's meals in the Sci-fi, still makes me laugh that story. I think it's the idea of you sitting there all indignant saying to the girl "But they've not even looked at or spoke to me, what makes you think I'm with them" that tops it all off :D

G00fyDad

Can we improve our status in life by purchasing Fastpass? These last pages are very confusing
Thread topic...
train trainwreck GIF

Jedijax719

I wrote a long post then deleted it, WHY? Because all my stats and numbers could be up summed up in a sentence or two.

Disney appears to be after the one and done people, last time I checked 17 million people of the 20 to 21 million that visit are one time visitors. These visitors don't know what Disney gave last year and for the most part don't care what they offer next year.

It has worked for Disney and historically though there have been peaks and valleys it's like stocks, over the long term the attendance and profits for the WDW resort is on a long term upward trend doing what they are doing.

Time will tell if they value the repeat customers and in short order. Once they open to 100% capacity we will see what they come up with.
If true, this post may be the most relevant post here in terms of comparing year to year. It is easy to compare prices and offerings now to what they were even in 2018 or 19. But for those who never knew any better, they don't know what they may be missing or care (unless they only have others as reference points). And this, if true, may be what keeps Disney from every going anywhere near what they did pre-covid.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I didn't realize Disney published stats about their visitors.
There’s tons of third party survey research on amusement/theme parks and their visitors. Also lots of people who work at Disney have shared lots of details with their friends over the years, many times on these very message boards.

Goofyernmost

If true, this post may be the most relevant post here in terms of comparing year to year. It is easy to compare prices and offerings now to what they were even in 2018 or 19. But for those who never knew any better, they don't know what they may be missing or care (unless they only have others as reference points). And this, if true, may be what keeps Disney from every going anywhere near what they did pre-covid.
The only real test using that base is how many (percentage wise) of those first time guests have returned. Years back that percentage was high. If they aren't returning, if they aren't firmly implanting the need for Disney in their children's heads then at some point that magical draw will start to diminish. There are so many of us that started in the 70's, 80's and 90's and have returned year after year after year. We spent tens of thousands of dollars individually at Disney over those years. They had us and the other first time visitors, now before long as all of us worthless old people die off, who is going to replace us in the same loyal way. Just in my family alone. I was the first generation of family visitors. My children loved the place, but never to the extent that we did. Once they had to pay their own way, the amount of visits dropped off to a trickle. In the last twenty year one daughter has brought her family twice and the other three times. Where as I for the same twenty years was there 20 times. Their children will go even less. That seems like a loss of business, not a gain.

For now, the "someone will take their place" probably applies but it won't forever. Just saying!

Last edited:

pdude81

I had random fast passes show up on my MDE app last night (for a trip that doesn't exist). Not sure if this is a common glitch or a sign of things to come!?
I haven't seen actual fp in glitch images before. These wouldn't be possibly old fp from an earlier trip would they? Friday Jan 17th was 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom