FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinx8402

My guess would be they get rid of advanced booking and make them day of reservations only. That’s just my gut feeling but you’re right.....who knows?
If there is still some pot of free passes, like marni has mentioned as a possibility, I could see reducing to 30 days for both on and off site guests. On site guests get the bonus of being able to book length of stay. This would keep the ADR and fp on separate days.

acup313

If there is still some pot of free passes, like marni has mentioned as a possibility, I could see reducing to 30 days for both on and off site guests. On site guests get the bonus of being able to book length of stay. This would keep the ADR and fp on separate days.
And 30 days from the rumored June 5th date gets them past July 4th. I am pretty sure this is just wishful thinking since the insiders here have hinted this is still a ways off. Unless the recent CDC changes have sped things up.

dhslxop

The machines are new there, their purpose is unclear.
Is this not the same location as this?
1622761608785.png

From: https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/epcot-fastpass-attractions-entertainment-options/

This article is from October 2020.

Incomudro

We were spoiled in 2018. We did our fastpasses early (60 days) for the mornings. We then went back to the hotel on most days and came back and got fast passes after that. There was a slight mix up with our luggage and some items so the manager at Port Orelans Riverside put fast passes on our account. That's an unusual situation.

I'd rather not spend time in the parks going through a bunch of fast passes. But doing 3 and then 1 at a time after that was fine. We went during Spring Break (for Texas-March) and had no problems.

Those thinking that there will continue to be shorter lines like there are now are in for a huge surprise. Things will get busier and busier and people will wish for FP's. Those not in the FP lanes will just add to the standby queues and the waits will be as long if not longer.

They will come up with something. Too expensive and it will defeat the purpose. Too cheap and it MAY defeat the purpose but remember, there were a LOT of people who didn't understand the FP system or just didn't use it. But the opportunity was there for EVERYONE.
100%.

ColeTrain04

Good point - so that proves these are not newly in this location, right?
Maybe. They were removed when the parks reopened and then replaced now? I think that’s what happened according to everything I’ve read. That would suggest that a change is coming. Also I doubt that they would put the kiosks in an entirely new location. So no they aren’t “new” to that location but they are “new” in the sense they haven’t been there in almost a year.

Last edited:

dhslxop

Maybe. They were removed when the parks reopened and then replaced now? I think that’s what happened according to everything I’ve read. That would suggest that a change is coming.
I'm pretty sure I've seen them in the parks pretty consistently since reopening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anything has changed.

ColeTrain04

I'm pretty sure I've seen them in the parks pretty consistently since reopening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anything has changed.
I really don’t know for sure. Just asking about what I’ve seen reported in the last few days from multiple websites and you tubers who are in the parks on almost a daily/weekly basis.

MurphyJoe

For all we know the FP kiosks were removed for a deep inspection, since they haven't been used in ages, and replacements for non-functioning units might require an extended lead time at the moment.

LittleBuford

Fair enough, but the decline is real, it just doesn’t impact everyone the same way.
I don’t agree. From my perspective (and again, I’m not looking to change anyone else’s), some things are better while others are worse. I don’t consider the overall picture one of decline. If I did, I think I would stop going.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Every rumor you hear about the replacement to FP being a paid service is true and you're probably gonna be paying more than you think for it.

C'est la vie
Hope Disney is ready for the backlash they are about to get when this is released. They may have to throw in free Mickey ice cream bars to make everyone feel like it’s worth it 👀

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
do we have a rough timeline when they will roll out whatever they have in store? we talking before years end? summer? 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom