FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedijax719

That's essentially what we did as well.
It worked very well, and we were quite happy with it.
Booking rides months out was odd, but - we knew we had them, and we knew the times.
It was easy then, to structure our time in the parks around those ride times.
We were spoiled in 2018. We did our fastpasses early (60 days) for the mornings. We then went back to the hotel on most days and came back and got fast passes after that. There was a slight mix up with our luggage and some items so the manager at Port Orelans Riverside put fast passes on our account. That's an unusual situation.

I'd rather not spend time in the parks going through a bunch of fast passes. But doing 3 and then 1 at a time after that was fine. We went during Spring Break (for Texas-March) and had no problems.

Those thinking that there will continue to be shorter lines like there are now are in for a huge surprise. Things will get busier and busier and people will wish for FP's. Those not in the FP lanes will just add to the standby queues and the waits will be as long if not longer.

They will come up with something. Too expensive and it will defeat the purpose. Too cheap and it MAY defeat the purpose but remember, there were a LOT of people who didn't understand the FP system or just didn't use it. But the opportunity was there for EVERYONE.

Dranth

Consider the alternative that some of us actually really enjoy Disney in its present-day (or at least pre-pandemic) form. Again, I know that isn't the way most people seem to think here, but I simply don't (and can't) share the declinist viewpoint that you and others have. That isn't a problem from my perspective—I'm not looking to change your mind or tell you you're wrong.
Fair enough, but the decline is real, it just doesn’t impact everyone the same way.

Food quality is lower, lines are longer and the parks are more crowded. Repairs take longer, additions are not as well thought out, institutional knowledge has been drained and deprioritized. Merchandise is cheaper quality with less variety. Overworked staff are being stretched thin (even before COVID), etc.

That doesn’t mean it isn’t still an amazing place and better than the vast majority, if not all, other theme park alternatives, it just means it is less than it was and could/should be now.

We all have a threshold where enough is enough and for some, it has been hit but for the vast majority, it has not. We gripe, complain, threaten and then make our stand by loudly claiming enough is enough before logging off here to go and see if we can somehow add another day to our upcoming reservations.

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

I don't think that would fly very well.

If someone has paid for an express/FP-type pass, then they'd expect 15minutes or less to be the norm.

If paid FP queues ever reached a norm of 55min, people who bought it would be irate.
You underestimate the will pixie-dust-mindset of the people.

Jedijax719

You underestimate the will pixie-dust-mindset of the people.
If there were enough people not using FP for the lines to be incredibly short, there would still be enough not using it if it was a paid program.

But one would think that there would be even less if it were a paid program than if it were free. People who didn't use it before certainly will not be using it if they paid for it.

I still fully expect there to be a perk offered for those staying on site or at least in the deluxe resorts. Doesn't have to be that way, but it makes a lot of sense to me at least.

DisneyCane

If there were enough people not using FP for the lines to be incredibly short, there would still be enough not using it if it was a paid program.

But one would think that there would be even less if it were a paid program than if it were free. People who didn't use it before certainly will not be using it if they paid for it.

I still fully expect there to be a perk offered for those staying on site or at least in the deluxe resorts. Doesn't have to be that way, but it makes a lot of sense to me at least.
Maybe a discounted price as a perk. As other's have said, if free you are giving it to too many people (unless it was like 1 FP free and pay for more).

Naplesgolfer

Fair enough, but the decline is real, it just doesn’t impact everyone the same way.

Food quality is lower, lines are longer and the parks are more crowded. Repairs take longer, additions are not as well thought out, institutional knowledge has been drained and deprioritized. Merchandise is cheaper quality with less variety. Overworked staff are being stretched thin (even before COVID), etc.

That doesn’t mean it isn’t still an amazing place and better than the vast majority, if not all, other theme park alternatives, it just means it is less than it was and could/should be now.

We all have a threshold where enough is enough and for some, it has been hit but for the vast majority, it has not. We gripe, complain, threaten and then make our stand by loudly claiming enough is enough before logging off here to go and see if we can somehow add another day to our upcoming reservations.
My position exactly !!

KCheatle

I wonder if they'll try to do different packages and options to try and diversify the FP distribution and appeal to more people, kind of in-line with their tour options. For example in MK, one "package" would be FPs for the fantasyland classics (peter pan, small world, dumbo), one would be for the thrills/mountains (splash, space, BTMR, and 7D), one for tomorrowland (space, buzz, MILF), one for adventureland (pirates, jungle book, Aladdin), then a more expensive package one would be a you-choose 3 or 4 or whatever, then up the ladder is 1 FP for every ride (like Universal does), and the top would be ulimited FP for every ride.

pdude81

I wonder if they'll try to do different packages and options to try and diversify the FP distribution and appeal to more people, kind of in-line with their tour options. For example in MK, one "package" would be FPs for the fantasyland classics (peter pan, small world, dumbo), one would be for the thrills/mountains (splash, space, BTMR, and 7D), one for tomorrowland (space, buzz, MILF), one for adventureland (pirates, jungle book, Aladdin), then a more expensive package one would be a you-choose 3 or 4 or whatever, then up the ladder is 1 FP for every ride (like Universal does), and the top would be ulimited FP for every ride.
Hmmm. This sounds familiar

Alamista

Here in Spain, where we have paid express pass, we experience long lines due to not using full capacity of certain rides (2 trains instead of 3 in coasters for example) which is disgusting.

This makes you think if not using full capacity for rides makes the park earn money… (they sell way more express passes and they hire less people to run rides)

ColeTrain04

Can anyone here give insight on this......

Attachments

• E4256AB2-268F-4395-B08B-5DB28612C1F7.jpeg
    E4256AB2-268F-4395-B08B-5DB28612C1F7.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 230

acup313

That was also posted in April. I only ask now because they’ve spotted what appear to be fast pass machines in the parks again.
A lot of people have been saying those have always been there and people are just now noticing them. The only place I’ve seen the June 5th date is from someone getting a glitch online telling them to book their fast passes starting June 5th. However many people are getting that same glitch with different dates. I had it for May 31st but no fast passes for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom