FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

plawren2

I always tried to do this...

but the 5 minute intervals not lining up always seemed to make the 3 end up taking up 4+ hours at best and then bleed into food, the heat, etc.

i have little evidence...but I’m like 99.9% sure fastpass+ sucked.
for us having 3 FP+ booked in advance for each park day was all we needed and very helpful (along with in park rope drop to close) strategy to ensure we could see and do everything on our priority list. No idea what FP will look like in future, but with next trip in November it sure would be helpful for our planning to know if its in place and how-so we can consider using most effectively.

Jedijax719

I highly doubt FP is going to be gone forever. For one, they are not about to let all lines to all rides be 1-2 hours long (closer to 2 hours). Second, they aren't going to charge crazy prices for it that bump the total cost of a vacation up $2000-$3000 for the average family.

I predict some kind of combination for on-site guests. Perhaps $50 for off-site guests per day and $25 for on-site guests. That's just one idea that came to mind. Then, with that price could come the same usage as before (3 FP's at a time and then 1 at at time after the original 3 are used). And, like before, perhaps they can keep the 30/60 day off-site/on-site reservation window.

I do not understand how people cannot want it to stay. For those who do not like using it, nobody is forcing them to do so.

Nickp1983

The obvious solution which you all have missed.
To lessen the wait times we need to lessen the ride time. Now, what I would do is just turn up the speed. Make space mountain cars go twice as fast. Pirates, let's throw on some thrusters and really crank it through the carribean. Mission to Mars? Well, if the ride spins so fast they actually launch into the air. Win win.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-152220_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518-152220_Chrome.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 45

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I highly doubt FP is going to be gone forever. For one, they are not about to let all lines to all rides be 1-2 hours long (closer to 2 hours). Second, they aren't going to charge crazy prices for it that bump the total cost of a vacation up $2000-$3000 for the average family.

I predict some kind of combination for on-site guests. Perhaps $50 for off-site guests per day and $25 for on-site guests. That's just one idea that came to mind. Then, with that price could come the same usage as before (3 FP's at a time and then 1 at at time after the original 3 are used). And, like before, perhaps they can keep the 30/60 day off-site/on-site reservation window.

I do not understand how people cannot want it to stay. For those who do not like using it, nobody is forcing them to do so.

you sound pretty sure?

...are you sure? 🤔

Chomama

People do not want to stay because the system does not work. It causes people to spend more time planning and on their phones than is necessary and it makes the lines longer and move more slowly than they would otherwise. Some people enjoy knowing that they have three rides or sometimes more that will have a guaranteed short wait but what they don’t realize is that in general they are actually not accomplishing anymore than they would if we didn’t have fast pass plus

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, the people saying it's a bad system know exactly how to use it -- I imagine some of them know how to use it even better than you do. Also, you do realize that if everyone did what you're suggesting, you'd no longer have any advantage and would have to wait in long lines all day? That's one of the reasons it's a bad system, but it's not the only one.

It doesn't matter anyways. Disney says it's a failure and aren't bringing it back.

I don't think that's quite accurate. More like "Disney says it doesn't bring in enough revenues and are finding a way to monetize it more directly".

different paths sometimes lead to the same stop on the road

UNCgolf

I don't think that's quite accurate. More like "Disney says it doesn't bring in enough revenues and are finding a way to monetize it more directly".

I'm pretty sure it's both. Martin has said it was bad for park operations -- I think there's a reason they never expanded it to other locations.

Regardless, of the reason it's still a failure in Disney's eyes, which is all I said. The reason why it's a failure doesn't really matter.

Incomudro

what link? Are you 25 and combative or just combative? Your talking about the PR selective company in American history. They’ve never...EVER...had a “bad product” or a “failure”.

they built 3 bad parks in the early 00’s...they were all smashing “successes”.
Talk about combative...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I highly doubt FP is going to be gone forever.
Read the other thread:

Currently the reason FP+ will return is as a stop gap if there is an issue rolling out the new system. Although it’d have to be a recent problem given the new system was actively being tested pre Covid.

Last edited:

MJM

People do not want to stay because the system does not work. It causes people to spend more time planning and on their phones than is necessary and it makes the lines longer and move more slowly than they would otherwise. Some people enjoy knowing that they have three rides or sometimes more that will have a guaranteed short wait but what they don’t realize is that in general they are actually not accomplishing anymore than they would if we didn’t have fast pass plus
“What they dont realize is that in general they are actually not accomplishing anymore than they would if we didn’t have FP+”

Utter nonsense. I would always FP splash mtn, 7 dwarfs and space mtn. Got them 60 days out from our planned trip. Never had a problem doing that for an entire decade. If we hadn’t done that, I would have waited 1.5-2hrs per each of those rides because it’s was July (ummm that’s possibly a total of an extra 6hrs!) longer of my time at MK in a day. Can’t see how that “evens out” as the naysayers say. In the 3-6hrs time I saved by using FPs for those major attractions, we waited in 10+ smaller attraction lines and took a midday break to go swim at the resort. Came back around dinner time and rode some more utilizing FP one at a time for anything we hadn’t done but still wanted to do earlier in the day. Everything rode at MK in one day. Without FP that wouldn’t have been possible. Did I spend a few moments on my phone while riding the monorail or while waiting in a short line checking for those FPs later in the day? Yeah I did. But we got them and we had a fantastic vacation. And hopefully one day soon we will be doing it again

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Talk about combative...

I never launch the attack on the sleepy naval base...

this was about the fifth time in 2 days the sad, non-intellectual “link?” Was thrown?

I don’t want to pull this card...but there are ALOT of wise, semi-connected opinions that have shared what they can about the demise of fastpass+

it would be a 1980 Olympics type upset if that was a multi-year smokescreen. It has never worked well and most have noticed.

MJM

I never launch the attack on the sleepy naval base...

this was about the fifth time in 2 days the sad, non-intellectual “link?” Was thrown?

I don’t want to pull this card...but there are ALOT of wise, semi-connected opinions that have shared what they can about the demise of fastpass+

it would be a 1980 Olympics type upset if that was a multi-year smokescreen. It has never worked well and most have noticed.
Everything on this forum is speculation. Including your opinions. Including mine. Now if you are an exec at Disney why didn’t you say so? 🙄

As I said before Disney will do what Disney will do. I am only hope they bring it back in some form or another because we loved it

Jedijax719

Read the other thread:

Currently the reason FP+ will return is as a stop gap if there is an issue rolling out the new system. Although it’d have to be a recent problem given the new system was actively being tested pre Covid.
Thanks. I had to scour through it. Then, I finally gave up and looked up Max Pass lol. From what I gather (correct me if I am wrong), it's essentially the same as FP+ but uses your phone and costs $20 per day per ticket (so a family of 3 like mine would pay $60 a day. For a 7-day trip, that's $420). I'd go for that.

How did I do with my understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom