FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

Fastpass+ was amazing. It had almost as many loopholes to exploit as the U.S. tax code. My favorite part was how guest services would hand out FP+ like candy for anything that went wrong. I will miss it.
That's part of the problem with it. Too many people have access to it, making standby lines barely move and there is times the FP line isn't that short either.

orky8

That's part of the problem with it. Too many people have access to it, making standby lines barely move and there is times the FP line isn't that short either.
Sure, FP+ sucked if you didn't have it or exploit it and stood in the standy lines. I never had a really long FP line and would never wait more than 30 mins standby. For us power users (i.e., most people on this forum) it was pretty great.

None of this is ultimately relevant to this thread - I don't see it coming back under current management. We could also reminisce about how great EPCOT was in the 90s (but it was soo boring). Or EMHs till 3AM (that's too late, I'm sleepy, and monorails need time to get cleaned/serviced). Or night time parades (too crowded, made it hard to get around).

kong1802

I always tried to do this...

but the 5 minute intervals not lining up always seemed to make the 3 end up taking up 4+ hours at best and then bleed into food, the heat, etc.

i have little evidence...but I’m like 99.9% sure fastpass+ sucked.

And with a family of 5 it was increasingly difficult. "break up your party into smaller groups" they said...Well, you do that, and then you get good FP's for 2 people, and can't get the same for the other 3, so you try another group of 2 and one by themselves, and then you try 5 singles, and then you realize that FP+ sucks........

Goofyernmost

I still don’t understand this argument. FP+ was available to everyone. Why not use it? Seriously I would get in excess of 10 FPs a day. I never had any problems with it. You can’t call people “legal line cutters” like it’s a bad thing when the same option is available for you to use. Your unwillingness to use what’s available is no ones fault but your own. Instead of waiting in the hour long line, go find something else to ride with a shorter wait and in the meantime look for a FP for the ride you want. You could also figure out what peak times for certain rides are and adjust your schedule based on that. For instance, when the park opens everyone rushes to SDMT so the wait is long but gets shorter as the day goes on. I go to Peter Pan and then fantasy land to ride those first because they all have short wait times in the morning that increase as the day goes on. It’s really a matter of knowing how to be efficient. That would be true even without FP+......
Being generally available to all is not the same as being actually available to all. Unless everyone can get anyone they ask for then it is not available to all. The only thing that is available to all is the system, not the result. But, why are you still trying to justify it. I already said, if you can get it and have the time to and desire to do it the way you do go ahead. I just happen to not want to jump through all those hoops to see a few minute attraction, you do and that is fine. You're doing nothing wrong, it isn't your system, you are just using it to your maximum advantage. There is nothing wrong with that.

The reason I call it legal line cutting is because it is legal and it is line cutting in the actual sense of the word. It's ok it is sanctioned by Disney so it is officially good to go, but when you come up from behind and "cut" in front of everyone that doesn't have that magic FP then it is real world line cutting, just without the stigma. I'm not saying it as in insult. I'm saying it as a factual physical happening.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I used to never get a fastpass when it required going to the machines for a paper ticket. When Fp+ was introduced I used it all the time to hit a popular attraction or 2 at rope drop and then fp others. This enabled me to do pretty much anything occasionally multiple times during a weeks vacation.

While I get none of us like the crazy planning we’ve had to do the past several years, crowds have also increased so FP+ was a way (I think at least part of it) to keep guests happy to some degree and give them the ability to ride their favorite ride without standing in line for hours.

I don’t know what the perfect solution would be. I know FP completely screwed up Pirates tho. Whether it becomes a paid system or not, I just want to be sure I’m able to do what I did before without waiting in longer lines, being more restricted to what I can do, or paying a ridiculous amount for something that’s was free before

matt9112

I still don’t understand this argument. FP+ was available to everyone. Why not use it? Seriously I would get in excess of 10 FPs a day. I never had any problems with it. You can’t call people “legal line cutters” like it’s a bad thing when the same option is available for you to use. Your unwillingness to use what’s available is no ones fault but your own. Instead of waiting in the hour long line, go find something else to ride with a shorter wait and in the meantime look for a FP for the ride you want. You could also figure out what peak times for certain rides are and adjust your schedule based on that. For instance, when the park opens everyone rushes to SDMT so the wait is long but gets shorter as the day goes on. I go to Peter Pan and then fantasy land to ride those first because they all have short wait times in the morning that increase as the day goes on. It’s really a matter of knowing how to be efficient. That would be true even without FP+......
Or we could just not have...have not commando park goers and.....everyone else....
Fastpass+ was amazing. It had almost as many loopholes to exploit as the U.S. tax code. My favorite part was how guest services would hand out FP+ like candy for anything that went wrong. I will miss it.

Nothing like that analogy to make a good case for it. Hey everyone im jeff bezos and i care.

MJM

The naysayers of FP+ are generally the people who just don’t understand how to use it so therefore it’s “stupid” and they have to “wait longer” than the rest of us FP enthusiasts. In life there are always the doers and the complainers. The doers figure it out because it’s obviously to ones advantage to do so and no one is going to do it for them. The complainers want someone else to do it so they can say it’s too hard and complain. Perseverance is not a crime. It’s how the doers get ahead. Literally in this case

ImperfectPixie

The naysayers of FP+ are generally the people who just don’t understand how to use it so therefore it’s “stupid” and they have to “wait longer” than the rest of us FP enthusiasts. In life there are always the doers and the complainers. The doers figure it out because it’s obviously to ones advantage to do so and no one is going to do it for them. The complainers want someone else to do it so they can say it’s too hard and complain. Perseverance is not a crime. It’s how the doers get ahead. Literally in this case
Nope.

Those of us who don't like FP+ remember what it was like to not have every ride in the park have long lines.

Jrb1979

I'm a naysayer cause there is much simpler skip the line systems out there where I don't have to refresh the app all day. Universals plan is much better in that I don't have to plan for a single ride. I just go to the Express pass queue and ride.

MJM

Nope.

Those of us who don't like FP+ remember what it was like to not have every ride in the park have long lines.
Yeah that’s not the reality of today. The reality of today is WDW is much more crowded than it ever was (prepandemic) so that’s not likely to change post pandemic which is where we are quickly headed. So let go of the past my friends. WDW is crowded all times of the year. The parks need a FP system in whatever form that takes

UNCgolf

No, the people saying it's a bad system know exactly how to use it -- I imagine some of them know how to use it even better than you do. Also, you do realize that if everyone did what you're suggesting, you'd no longer have any advantage and would have to wait in long lines all day? That's one of the reasons it's a bad system, but it's not the only one.

It doesn't matter anyways. Disney says it's a failure and aren't bringing it back.

MJM

No, the people saying it's a bad system know exactly how to use it -- I imagine some of them know how to use it even better than you do. Also, you do realize that if everyone did what you're suggesting, you'd no longer have any advantage and would have to wait in long lines all day? That's one of the reasons it's a bad system, but it's not the only one.

It doesn't matter anyways. Disney says it's a failure and aren't bringing it back.
Where does Disney state this fact? Send the link please

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

this Again?

I “understand it” up one side and down the other...it just is a sucky system.

you know the worst part? It trained the vast majority of customers to accept that a ticket didn’t effectively allow use of the gate attractions. Became “a hassle”...
So then they buy after hours “magic” and rave that you can “actually go on the rides!!!”

drink the sand

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Where does Disney state this fact? Send the link please

what link? Are you 25 and combative or just combative? Your talking about the most PR selective company in American history. They’ve never...EVER...had a “bad product” or a “failure”.

they built 3 bad parks in the early 00’s...they were all smashing “successes”.

Last edited:

MJM

this Again?

I “understand it” up one side and down the other...it just is a sucky system.

you know the worst part? It trained the vast majority of customers to accept that a ticket didn’t effectively allow use of the gate attractions. Became “a hassle”...
So then they buy after hours “magic” and rave that you can “actually go on the rides!!!”

drink the sand
That is not relevant to my post. No one here is “buying after hours magic” - FP+ was free. No one paid for it as you well know. The people who know how to get major attraction FPs get them while the ones who don’t know how, complain that the major attraction standby lines are being stalled due to the “legal line cutters”
It’s nonsense....figure it out and do it or wait in the long major attraction lines. It’s not rocket science

MJM

what link? Are you 25 and combative or just combative? Your talking about the PR selective company in American history. They’ve never...EVER...had a “bad product” or a “failure”.

they built 3 bad parks in the early 00’s...they were all smashing “successes”.
When you state a fact you need to be able to back it up or it’s not a fact. It’s opinion. 3rd grade language arts right here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom