FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I am thinking Disney makes a lot of money on their resorts. Or else I need to sell my DIS stock quickly because they have a lot of those loss leaders in Florida. And they can't stop building them!

you’re allowed to “think”. Read between the lines on the annual report.

also...what makes you think their stock price is dependent on what they “sell” in the parks?

stocks are largely a speculation game...which is how a stock goes from $100 a share to $170 a share in a year where the worlds on lockdown and a company (cough) suffers an estimated disruption to 80% of their business units

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Small issue with paid FP+....

If I shell out big bucks for FP+, I expect them to get me on the big E-Ticket rides. If I show up and the only FPs left are to C Ticket attractions, I'll be at Guest Services asking for my money back.

and you won’t get it. Because we’ve all gone along with it for 8 years. Rubber band “utopia” for 3 rides...which if you’re in Epcot has to include going on figment 😂

that’s funny to say out out loud.

but the die is cast.

That’s not in the plan(s) I’m aware of.

If that’s “the plan”...whoever came up with that should be fired and ejected from the dwarf house.

You’ll get on what you’ve paid for.

...if you’re lucky. And 6 months from now it will cost you more. We all have choices...contrary to our spending habits in Reedy Creek

Nickp1983

Hotels have to mean more revenue. I doubt they just break even when the GF is charging 900 per night for a room.

It's like being a cruise ship. Once you are there... anything you buy profits Disney. Even the basics. Sun screen. Tylenol. Hygiene items.

That's why I don't get why they are going to push their guests to use Uber or Lyft. Once you start pulling back the curtain, I don't see how it bennefits disney. Plus being a guest there... seeing a line of Honda Civics and Odesseys dropping families off at the resort entrance seems rather disappointing.

Something about seeing the magical Express pull up... and the kids run out of the bus all excited as they have arrived.. its special.

Having to uber and wait for Chris to pick you up in his mini van while he's playing some club music... meh

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But wouldn't increased hotel capacity lead to increased crowds at parks which would then lead to an increase in wait times and also require more cast members?

Seems like it's a real fine balancing act.

If you ever seen Pumping Iron with Arnold (trust me... this is going somewhere)..... when he talked about being proportionate.. you make your biceps bigger .. you have to make your shoulders bigger... then chest... then back. It's not as easy as just making one area bigger.

the reason they haven’t built more hotels is because they hit some price ceilings on the more expensive ones and their not interested in bringing in more clientele to the “cheaper” ones...

hitting up off property visitors for extremely high daily rates and the offset/guarantees of DVC have become far more preferable.

it actually isn’t “crowd” concerns. Just my take.

Nickp1983

the reason they haven’t built more hotels is because they hit some price ceilings on the more expensive ones and their not interested in bringing in more clientele to the “cheaper” ones...

hitting up off property visitors for extremely high daily rates and the offset/guarantees of DVC have become far more preferable.

it actually isn’t “crowd” concerns. Just my take.
Doesn't the Riveria count?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hotels have to mean more revenue. I doubt they just break even when the GF is charging 900 per night for a room.

It's like being a cruise ship. Once you are there... anything you buy profits Disney. Even the basics. Sun screen. Tylenol. Hygiene items.

That's why I don't get why they are going to push their guests to use Uber or Lyft. Once you start pulling back the curtain, I don't see how it bennefits disney. Plus being a guest there... seeing a line of Honda Civics and Odesseys dropping families off at the resort entrance seems rather disappointing.

Something about seeing the magical Express pull up... and the kids run out of the bus all excited as they have arrived.. its special.

Having to uber and wait for Chris to pick you up in his mini van while he's playing some club music... meh

they have always generated “revenue” to offset the very high overhead Disney operates. The “profits” come from all the low overhead sales that come with it.

now...they may make “some” with the high escalation of rates...but the math isn’t what it’s often comment to be.

at least...”I’ve heard”

Disstevefan1

I love that its probably coming back as a paid version. Just wish they would drop the scheduled FP and make it similar to every other park.
I think there will be a hybrid system. You will pay for Fastpasses for the popular attractions that always needed it and they will offer free Fastpasses for the attractions that didn’t have Fastpasses before Fastpass plus and never needed it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doesn't the Riveria count?

the 100% timeshare one??

the last “hotel” room unit built at wdw was actually one of the pop century phase 2 buildings that was knocked down where the art of animation car suites are now.
Correction: Coronado tower is a bet add...that did break the streak.

if anyone wants to do hotel history...I’d participate...but not to completely hijack the fastpass talk.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
...by feeding other revenue streams. Not “profiting” off housekeeping or ticket sales at the desk
Unless Disney is different from every other hotel in the world (they’re not), running 91% occupancy and taking in revenue of 2-3 billion dollars per year should generate 1-2 billion in profits. How they allocate that on their internal P&L is irrelevant to what would be different if they were running at 66% occupancy which is the relevant question here.

In addition DVC prints money. Riviera probably cost something like $200-$300 million to build and will sell for in the neighborhood of $1.2 billion. If attendance dropped by 1/3 like in the scenario I was responding to DVC sales would drop by 1/3 AND Disney would lose some of their pricing power so they’d maybe get $900 million and it would take an extra 18 months to sell it.

hopemax

Those low wait times are because of reduced capacity. Try it again once crowds are back to normal.
I think you misunderstood my post. Of course when at fuller attendance wait times would be longer. In my previous post, I said Disney has not increased attraction capacity to keep up with current demand. But for us it was great to have a trip where our inability to have FP for the most needed attractions because they are normally unavailable when we are allowed to start booking did not feel punitive. The wait times were a description of our day, and it was not like a PP’s boss(?)’s description of not being worth it until FP returned because you could only get one ride at rope drop.

FP+ success stories come at the expense of other guests, and it was nice not to be in that situation this visit. Everyone had the same wait, whatever it was and we got almost everything we wanted done. The limiting factor was our feet and stamina not frustration over operations. How much wait times go up as guests return, who knows. Attraction capacity with the unused seats is still down, and that will counter some of the effect of guests returning when it also returns. As well as the other things that are missing that guests did (characters, entertainment).

Nickp1983

the 100% timeshare one??

the last “hotel” room unit built at wdw was actually one of the pop century phase 2 buildings that was knocked down where the art of animation car suites are now.
Correction: Coronado tower is a bet add...that did break the streak.

if anyone wants to do hotel history...I’d participate...but not to completely hijack the fastpass talk.
100% timeshare? I'm just a regular guest... no dvc or anything like that... and I can book rooms there. Is that just because not all the rooms are sold and they're runoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom