FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Date an announcement is made: Thursday, August 19 between 2pm - 3PM (eastern daylight time)

What form the new FP system takes:
Either those in Deluxe (or all staying on Disney property [i hope they exclude Good Neighbor Hotels]) will get three free wishes a Day: 1 top ride and 2 lower tiered rides.
Outside the property - one free wish
or
Deluxe gets a Platinum Genie - Three wishes; Moderate - Gold Genie 2 wishes; Value and everyone else Bronze Genie 1 wish

Then pay to either increase the Genie to either Gold or Platinum Genie

How the new system fares over the next year:
Agree with last prediction: Old Timers will hate and newbies will like. But Mass confusion on how it works and its Role Out and constant glitches will be problematic

How the new system fares over the next three years:
won't be around more than 3 years

MurphyJoe

My take is then they’re idiots for not understanding the rules and the process. Guest services though will likely throw a free recovery pass at them.

Will guest recovery passes be a thing going forward? Disney will be selling instant access to the FP line, from what's been discussed here; I can't imagine them giving away such a perk outside of certain edge cases.

aaronml

Will guest recovery passes be a thing going forward? Disney will be selling instant access to the FP line, from what's been discussed here; I can't imagine them giving away such a perk outside of certain edge cases.
I would expect them to stick around. It is a form of service recovery that doesn’t cost Disney much/anything.

SarahWI

I'm actually very concerned that the instability around this is going to make even a VIP tour a risk. If FP lines are out of control because they don't know how to calculate things properly yet..
Exactly. I’ll not be happy if we pay a premium for instant FP and still have a 45 minute or whatever wait.

DisneyDodo

yes, but the hours of operation are spelled out days (if not weeks/months) in advance. Are you saying if the park has a posted closing time of 9:00 p.m., and I try and get in line at 8:58 p.m., they can say "we closed at 8"? Or are you saying this algorithm will bake this in when they set opening/closing times in the weeks leading up?
The latter. They set the closing time (in advance) based on when they will want people to stop getting in line.

ImperfectPixie

Okay, I'll play...

• Date an announcement is made: Today or Friday the 20th.
  • What form the new FP system takes: DLP-style Standby option, with a pay to reserve option and a more expensive pay to ride now option. I don't see freebies for anyone, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • How the new system fares over the next year: I don't see this technology running smoothly for some time. Disney IT is NOTORIOUSLY bad and their app and website are glitchier than Vanellope. Guests who haven't visited in a long while and don't follow Disney news closely or who are newbies are going to be confused and/or frustrated and likely angry that they're expected to pay more to ride the big rides, and I think we're going to see tempers flare far more often from these groups. As far as revenue, I don't think it's going to be anywhere near what Disney wants.
  • How the new system fares over the next three years: Like FP+, I don't see this system lasting long-term, as it's just another means of trying to reshuffle guests. Combine the re-shuffling with the losses in non-ride attractions and entertainment over the last however many years, and I think Disney has and is continuing to set themselves up for big problems, and I think their reputation is going to take a beating.

flynnibus

Premium Member
At todays crowd levels a mediocre attraction would have a 30min wait but its still an attraction with capacity.
are you talking about CoP? :)

Imagine if Disney actually plussed an attraction like the speedway instead of letting it sit the same for 20 years...
or if Disney refreshed Philharmagic...
or replaced Stitch with something meaningful

Screw 'anything is better than nothing' - Disney needs to look at their laggers and make them draws rather than 'we have nothing better to do...'

Making Philharmagic something that pulls strong crowds all day won't overload the MK's crowds, but would work so much better to push real working capacity in the park.

BigE42984

are you talking about CoP? :)

Imagine if Disney actually plussed an attraction like the speedway instead of letting it sit the same for 20 years...
or if Disney refreshed Philharmagic...
or replaced Stitch with something meaningful

Screw 'anything is better than nothing' - Disney needs to look at their laggers and make them draws rather than 'we have nothing better to do...'

Making Philharmagic something that pulls strong crowds all day won't overload the MK's crowds, but would work so much better to push real working capacity in the park.
What? You don't like go-karts powered by lawn mower engines in Tomorrowland?

lewisc

“You can choose from the following attractions for a FREE FastPass return time!

Dumbo
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Gran Fiesta

Star Tours

It’s Tough to be a Bug
Triceratops Spin”
Disney will be more generous. add some of these attractions to your list
Muppets
Hall of Presidents
Swiss Family Treehouse

is the movie One Man's Dream still playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom