FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Chipperson

Also dont forget the chance that you come back in an hour or 2 and its still a 3 hour wait as the line is still that long.......

Good point! You don't get to just waltz onto the ride as soon as your return window opens up. "Come back in 3 hours to wait another hour in the physical line! And you still can't ride anything else in the meantime!" That would really defeat the purpose of the Standby Pass in the first place.

Chip Chipperson

Once again, it’s the same as now. There is nothing stopping 2000 people from getting in line before park close.

But the Standby Pass system would allow them to easily prevent exactly that if a ride never leaves Standby Pass mode. "Sorry, Standby Passes for this attraction are no longer available." Why would they give a Standby Pass return time for 1-2 hours after the park closes? They didn't give FastPass windows past the parks' scheduled closing times.

Would you be in favor of a similar restriction on food purchases? "Sorry, you can't buy a Dole Whip. Our system says you have a Mobile Order placed for Cosmic Ray's for 2:00. We can't allow you to occupy a spot in line for 2 food locations at the same time."

DisneyDodo

But the Standby Pass system would allow them to easily prevent exactly that if a ride never leaves Standby Pass mode. "Sorry, Standby Passes for this attraction are no longer available." Why would they give a Standby Pass return time for 1-2 hours after the park closes? They didn't give FastPass windows past the parks' scheduled closing times.

Would you be in favor of a similar restriction on food purchases? "Sorry, you can't buy a Dole Whip. Our system says you have a Mobile Order placed for Cosmic Ray's for 2:00. We can't allow you to occupy a spot in line for 2 food locations at the same time."
I’m not telling you what they will do; I’m telling you what they should do.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to grasp the concept that the system I’m proposing is 100% identical to the way standby works today except for where people wait. FP and mobile order are both intended to allow you to book a reservation at an arbitrary time in the future. That’s not what SBP is or intends to be. It simply saves your spot in line. The ride’s capacity doesn’t shrink just because people aren’t standing in a queue in the same building. The same number of people can ride. This system would not prevent a single person from riding any ride.

mightynine

Waiting GIF

TimeTrip

I agree partially. From a not too cynical POV, this does give Disney an out to keep the lines from ever getting longer than the main queue at closing. If the main queue is full near close, you just can't ride. Nowadays *for most* rides you could, e.g. in the past space mountain when they would keep the line intentionally outside to keep more folks from getting in line. It put on airs that there was a longer wait.
If we assume that is as far as they go... How many rides have a full regular queue at close?

I'm pretty certain they would want to avoid long ride ops post closing, so I expect they won't allow folks to queue up at the attraction if it's full. However I expect those rides to be a limited few, and you should prioritize getting VSB for that.

More cynically, they *could* calculate it out so they get through the queue just around closing by preventing walk-ups and closing VSB. I expect the community would howl loudly if that were the case though.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Oh boy. I really hope this announcement is made before my passes expire on August 31. I'd much rather decide whether or not to renew based on whatever this becomes.
I think your answer arrived below in the like response.
Besides "Tick" is usually code for much less than 14 days. And next will be "Tock" which I believe is very close (one to two days). I think you will surely know what is going on before renewal.

UNCgolf

Once again, it’s the same as now. There is nothing stopping 2000 people from getting in line before park close.

It's not the same, though, because with a VQ it wouldn't be 2000 people getting in line right at park close (people generally don't do that, which is why it hasn't been an issue). It would be people who signed up for a VQ an hour or two prior to park close and just don't get on the ride until well after the park closes.

There is a relatively easy fix for this, though, which is that Disney could just not give out any additional standby passes after a certain time/number have been reserved. I.e. they could shut off the VQ at 7:30 and know that the outstanding number of passes would lead to the last people entering the queue at or before closing.

So that part of it really isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom