FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottamus

I can only imagine there’s got to be SOMEONE In that room of Disney brains saying:
“Guys, this is a horrible time to do this! Florida being a Hotspot for all the wrong reasons right now. Let’s wait”

G00fyDad

And it's not being implemented or announced because....
OIP (1).jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can only imagine there’s got to be SOMEONE In that room of Disney brains saying:
“Guys, this is a horrible time to do this! Florida being a Hotspot for all the wrong reasons right now. Let’s wait”
That would be said twice if they combined that meeting with the one about annual passes going on at the same time on the oppo side of the air wall

Jrb1979

Not if you charge those staying off-site. FP was never a money generator for Disney anyway so charge for off-site and that will drive on-site stays up and they will still make money from everyone staying elsewhere.
It wasn't a money generator before Covid but now they want it to be a money generator. I think that is where people are confused.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not if you charge those staying off-site. FP was never a money generator for Disney anyway so charge for off-site and that will drive on-site stays up and they will still make money from everyone staying elsewhere.
I’ll ask for the billionth time: what makes you think they need to convince people to stay onsite?
It wasn't a money generator before Covid but now they want it to be a money generator. I think that is where people are confused.
That is likely the confusion…but it’s not that confusing

any questions about why? Can be answered the same:

“Because they can”

EeyoreFan#24

That is likely the confusion…but it’s not that confusing

any questions about why? Can be answered the same:

“Because they can”

Thats kind of what I think about the people per hour discussions. While interesting to discuss at times, ultimately I don’t think Disney cares as much as we think they do anymore. Future discussions will now be if (X=operation cost) today then (X - (paid options directly attached to ride now) = operation costs) in the future. Monetized people per hour will be the new metric. MPPH.

Waters Back Side

I’ll ask for the billionth time: what makes you think they need to convince people to stay onsite?

Because the other option is to....stay off site.

That was not a hard question to answer lol.

Its not our fault that you think people will continue to fill the resorts with more and more taken away. You can believe that but it does not make it true.

DisneyHead123

Maybe the final announcement will be a pleasant surprise, but all the speculated upon plans make it sound as if Disney has some internal organization problems. No one is pruning the wheat from the chaff and so everything goes into one convoluted mix.

Waters Back Side

Has attendance ever suffered at WDW in response to things being taken away?

When enough is taken away it will.
I'm yet to speak to anyone external to internet forums and social media sites who would ever stay on site again if they had to pay per ride. Not that that is the direction they are going solely. Eventually it will wear people thin. They make more money on resort occupancy then they ever will with fast pass.

We will not know the full impact until they are back to normal operations. Busier weeks will take a hit because people will hate having to pay or stand hours in line.

I'd bet any amount of money there would be more dissatisfied guests then ones unfazed.

The desire to stay onsite consists of the total package of theming, transportation around WDW and the perks.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thats kind of what I think about the people per hour discussions. While interesting to discuss at times, ultimately I don’t think Disney cares as much as we think they do anymore. Future discussions will now be if (X=operation cost) today then (X - (paid options directly attached to ride now) = operation costs) in the future. Monetized people per hour will be the new metric. MPPH.
People believe some “satisfaction” ratings will drop…

…and either management or Wall Street is inclined to give a rat’s about it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because the other option is to....stay off site.

That was not a hard question to answer lol.

Its not our fault that you think people will continue to fill the resorts with more and more taken away. You can believe that but it does not make it true.
But that absolutely is so. I am one that believes there is a “breaking point”…but they are nowhere close as it stands. I think you don’t understand the mentality of the customer base that well. They don’t fret their budget by and large and want it that way. The beast feeds the beast.

And?

they really don’t have much problem filling rooms (there have been some exceptions in the past…but they fixed it)…so what would it matter?

you think there is any scenario where they are sitting at 40% occupancy?

I assure you there isn’t…no matter how much your wallet wants it to be that way…
This is my wheelhouse

Wendy Pleakley

When enough is taken away it will.
I'm yet to speak to anyone external to internet forums and social media sites who would ever stay on site again if they had to pay per ride. Not that that is the direction they are going solely. Eventually it will wear people thin. They make more money on resort occupancy then they ever will with fast pass.

We will not know the full impact until they are back to normal operations. Busier weeks will take a hit because people will hate having to pay or stand hours in line.

I'd bet any amount of money there would be more dissatisfied guests then ones unfazed.

The desire to stay onsite consists of the total package of theming, transportation around WDW and the perks.

Will it?

We've been hearing this as long as I can remember. The ongoing refrain of "Disney has gone too far this time, I'm mad as heck and I'm...booking my next trip".

Shorter hours, holiday offerings behind paywalls, parking fees, Magical Express, closing attractions at Disney Springs in favour of making it a generic mall. The list goes on and on.

As the population grows, and looking at attendance increases at WDW, it just seems that for every person who says "enough is enough", two people pop up to take their place.

I get the sentiment. My last trip was split with Universal for the first time. The addition of an amazing water park and more affordable hotels was a draw. I just haven't seen any evidence that people will give up on Disney in large enough numbers to impact their bottom line.

Waters Back Side

But that absolutely is so. I am one that believes there is a “breaking point”…but they are nowhere close as it stands. I think you don’t understand the mentality of the customer base that well. They don’t fret their budget by and large and want it that way. The beast feeds the beast.

And?

they really don’t have much problem filling rooms (there have been some exceptions in the past…but they fixed it)…so what would it matter?

you think there is any scenario where they are sitting at 40% occupancy?

I assure you there isn’t…no matter how much your wallet wants it to be that way…
This is my wheelhouse

I'd believe that more if there were only Deluxe Resorts. People do not stay at Value or Mod resorts just to settle for it since Deluxe is not available. They are willing to wait for another time. People stay at Values and Mods because its more affordable for them. If you keep charging them more and more for things those resorts will take a hit. Not now when people are itching to vacation after being locked down for a bit but after that wears off and things are normal for a bit. A glorified Motel 8 Value resort or off site...other then the free transportation around WDW to the parks, there is no other incentive. And I love Disney and the feeling of staying on site is always my preference. But there comes a point when the complete package keeps getting smaller and has less value that I will just stay off site as would many others.

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

Will it?

We've been hearing this as long as I can remember. The ongoing refrain of "Disney has gone too far this time, I'm mad as heck and I'm...booking my next trip".

Shorter hours, holiday offerings behind paywalls, parking fees, Magical Express, closing attractions at Disney Springs in favour of making it a generic mall. The list goes on and on.

As the population grows, and looking at attendance increases at WDW, it just seems that for every person who says "enough is enough", two people pop up to take their place.

I get the sentiment. My last trip was split with Universal for the first time. The addition of an amazing water park and more affordable hotels was a draw. I just haven't seen any evidence that people will give up on Disney in large enough numbers to impact their bottom line.

These are things that do not bother WDW guests for 45 weeks of the calendar year. What about the busier peak weeks where people plan vacations to WDW specifically for that time and the perks are more desirable. If I lived in Orlando or at ease can go to WDW during weeks that are not as busy during normal operation I probably would not care either.

Last edited:

lewisc

I don’t think Disney wants to tie themselves down to always offering these perks to on-site guests. My guess is that, instead, they will offer them periodically as special promotions when demand is low (e.g. “Get a free subscription to Genie+ with all 3+ night stays through X date for the duration of your stay”). This allows Disney the flexibility to offer whenever they want. Once the inclusion of a perk is institutionalized, it’s very hard to take it away. Disney took advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime pandemic to remove perks without taking the massive PR hit. I doubt they want to put themselves back in that position.
I think FREE FP.will be the new free dining. Booking a package including tickets and dining will include a few FP.
And it's not being implemented or announced because....
still testing. Guest satisfaction will be pretty low if guests have to wait on.an hour line at guest services to fix glitches

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, with only 7 weeks ish until 10/1, we should be getting news soon, yes?
Only if a brand new FastPass and queue management system was going to debut on the most watched and busiest day of WDW in a long time.

There is zero evidence so far it will debut on Oct 1.

We have no confirmed information.

Please, y'all, stop treating leaks and surmisings as information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom