FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Only if a brand new FastPass and queue management system was going to debut on the most watched and busiest day of WDW in a long time.

There is zero evidence so far it will debut on Oct 1.

We have no confirmed information.

Please, y'all, stop treating leaks and surmisings as information.

here’s my “surmisings”…there are no leaks on something like this…

it may happen in January. Just a guess.

Why?
See attached

Attachments

• 82A1470C-D7C4-4287-89E2-5E776C31F218.jpeg
    82A1470C-D7C4-4287-89E2-5E776C31F218.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 148

kong1802

Never…

not once

the only “bookings” problem (because that’s what they’re arguing) happened in some of the deluxes from 2001-2015. And that was dealt with ruthlessly

My favorite solution I've seen them come up with.

"Oh, you don't want to pay $750 to stay at Poly?! Well, good news, now you can pay $30k and stay in our new Poly DVC Studio".

And it worked........

DisneyHead123

Never…

not once

the only “bookings” problem (because that’s what they’re arguing) happened in some of the deluxes from 2001-2015. And that was dealt with ruthlessly
Yes, but in the past they have upped the cost. This time they are upping the tacky. There is no way to get their upper middle class audience to flee faster (if, of course, this speculation turns out to be true, which it may not be.)

If they sold a $5,000 per pop "Sparkles and Wishes" park ticket that was essentially an expedited VIPTour plus brunch with your favorite character (subject to change and availability, restrictions apply); a seat in a faux crystal 'throne' to watch the fireworks; a reserved solo log for your ride on Splash Mountain that ended with someone throwing glitter at you during the 'splash'; and free cupcakes (because free cupcakes must always be on the perks list, lol), I have no doubt that people would oo, aah, coo, and hurriedly add it to their bucket list. The new Must Do honeymoon. The perfect Sweet Sixteen or Quinceanera. The best birthday gift in the world for daddy's little princess.

Carnival pricing though? I guarantee that will end in a big "Oh h---- no. You save that -ish for the token rides at Chuck E Cheese, understand?".

aliceismad

I just read the description of the potential new Fastpass replacement scheme -- theoretical and based on informed conjecture and subject to change, of course -- on the touringplans blog. If what Disney comes out with is anything remotely as convoluted and tacky as this (and I don't doubt that it will be), I feel like it will alienate a large segment of guests.
Thanks for passing this on. It's interesting to see one person's take all written out in one place like this. It certainly sounds complicated and will, if implemented, befuzzle many non-regulars.

Waters Back Side

For the 10 billionth time.... Right now August 10, 2021 they don't. That will change.

This exactly. Nobody bothers to mention all these perks were taken away during the pandemic with the park not operating normal. There was never anything taken away before this. Yet everyone says there is no indication the resorts ever took a hit with guest occupancy.

A year before the park closure they had 180 day advance dining reservations, the magical express, EMH, 60 day ride reservations via FP, free FP, the dining plan, free magic bands, free resort parking and we hear everyone say "but the resorts never had trouble filling up".

Thsts just blasphemy. Give it a year. See what happens. The only fair and valid arguement is the constant increase in room rates but the perks compensated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For the 10 billionth time.... Right now August 10, 2021 they don't. That will change.
When, brother,
Cause I got news: nobody in modern management is a long hauler

they will be rewarded for increasing margins and increasing revenue. It’s that simple.

I believe they are running off a price cliff…I have for years.
But it isn’t because of taking free fast pass from rooms at port orleans

hell…fastpass was a ticket issue anyway…it has nothing to do really with the room.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When, brother?

they will be rewarded for increasing margins and increasing revenue. It’s that simple.

hell…fastpass was a ticket issue anyway…it has nothing to do really with the room.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok…I’m out…

not gonna debate 3 newbies or seldom posters that just happen to only care about this one thing…

I’ve seen this fish before…today, actually

Waters Back Side

Its certainly not all I care about but I speak for many when i say the desire to stay on site is the combination of many things not just one or a couple. Come back to the forum in a year then if you are done. Lets discuss this then.

DisneyHead123

If people who aren't around the boards a lot care a lot about this one particular thing, that probably says something about how important it is to the 'average Jane / Joe' customer.

I've already bowed out of a Disney trip for 2022, but I'm watching it for my family members who are still going. They don't follow message boards at all, but they all know FastPass and are waiting for news on if and when it comes back (I've told them to seriously adjust their expectations.)

lewisc

When, brother,

Disney has been protecting price point by reducing inventory. AKL is the last new Deluxe. Since then parts of AKL WL,GF and POLY were redeveloped as DVC. A large section. of CBR was taken over by a new DVC resort..A section of CSR was replaced by a more expensive tower. intended for use by conventions.

Wendy Pleakley

And for the 100 millionth 200 gazillionth time, Disney fans have shown time and time again there is nothing that will deter them from wanting their next Disney fix.

You can emphasize all you want that Disney has "finally gone too far", but it's just a prediction at this point. Only time will tell, but based on the level of fanaticism being pretty consistent as far as Disney fans go, I wouldn't bet any money on things changing in terms of guest spending.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney has been protecting price point by reducing inventory. AKL is the last new Deluxe. Since then parts of AKL WL,GF and POLY were redeveloped as DVC. A large section. of CBR was taken over by a new DVC resort..A section of CSR was replaced by a more expensive tower. intended for use by conventions.
Sorta…
With the exception of caribbean and possibly Coronado….they actually overpriced the rest and that’s why they converted.

honestly…fools bought “copper creek”….it’s over double the price of the DVC 75 feet away and it only exists because occupancy in the lodge was falling to 50%….they overpriced the rack. The people who paid $150 for it for years didn’t want to pay $355-500 average base as they stripped the services all around it.

so in that case….they did hit the ceiling…they just moved the house to another ceiling 😂

worked like a charm.

kong1802

Sorta…
With the exception of caribbean and possibly Coronado….they actually overpriced the rest and that’s why they converted.

honestly…fools bought “copper creek”….it’s over double the price of the DVC 75 feet away and it only exists because occupancy in the lodge was falling to 50%….they overpriced the rack. The people who paid $150 for it for years didn’t want to pay $355-500 average base as they stripped the services all around it.

so in that case….they did hit the ceiling…they just moved the house to another ceiling 😂

worked like a charm.

I know this isn't the thread for it, but I'm wondering when the All Stars hit their ceiling.

If you would have told me 5 years ago that people would pay $170 for a night outside of Christmas at one of those I would have thought you were crazy.

Now that's like the median pricing. Are we three years away from those hitting $250?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom