FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff4272

I understand what you are saying but what happened to you happens to others as well but it is rare these days. Today Disney knows people are going to go to WDW and they are not going to lose any noticeable amount of money from those that choose to stay off property or not go at all. They are seeing sold out days in the park pass system and sold out hotels. They could care less if people are steaming mad about what has been lost or upset over the rise in costs vs the product offered. They don't care. The only thing that will solve that problem is if more people stop going to WDW than they can handle. Of course I am part of the problem right now because I have a trip planned for next year that I am not likely to cancel since it is my first, and last, trip to see Galaxy's Edge. After this next trip we are not going anymore for a long time. Maybe never again. Disney is seeing a lot of revenge travel and bookings made for the 50th celebration. My guess if that after the 50th is over (maybe even by the end of Summer 2022) you will see more perks coming back and more discounts offered when travel to WDW slows back down. But until then Disney is getting those dollars and they couldn't give a rat's rear-end (cleaned that up a bit) about how people feel about not getting their money's worth.
I tend to agree with you but the question is: could it do lasting damage? also, if all these new "pay fors" don't work, how easy will it be to pivot back?

I think a lot of people look at WDW as immune to decreased business levels and that's just not the case............There have been plenty instances over its history where there have been pullbacks based on customer satisfaction and pricing changes and not just the cyclical nature of their business.........Don't forget we have been in a 10 year economic boom because of zero interest rates and that's about to change..............With competition at its highest ever in FLA, i would not be one bit surprised if occupancy rates go lower and WDW will have to incentivize people to book their hotel rooms

Waters Back Side

I understand what you are saying but what happened to you happens to others as well but it is rare these days. Today Disney knows people are going to go to WDW and they are not going to lose any noticeable amount of money from those that choose to stay off property or not go at all. They are seeing sold out days in the park pass system and sold out hotels. They could care less if people are steaming mad about what has been lost or upset over the rise in costs vs the product offered. They don't care. The only thing that will solve that problem is if more people stop going to WDW than they can handle. Of course I am part of the problem right now because I have a trip planned for next year that I am not likely to cancel since it is my first, and last, trip to see Galaxy's Edge. After this next trip we are not going anymore for a long time. Maybe never again. Disney is seeing a lot of revenge travel and bookings made for the 50th celebration. My guess if that after the 50th is over (maybe even by the end of Summer 2022) you will see more perks coming back and more discounts offered when travel to WDW slows back down. But until then Disney is getting those dollars and they couldn't give a rat's rear-end (cleaned that up a bit) about how people feel about not getting their money's worth.

We agree and are on the same page. Looking at it from the perspective of a guest who has gone to WDW a lot like you and I, you are so right. I've been saying all along here that depending on how drastic the change of the new system in terms of costs for guests, many will stop going. Or at least stop staying on site.

I do not believe for a second that people will continue to flock in herds to WDW like always if changes like this happen. Some people seem to think they will.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

They're not the same. As an example, if a ride would have a 120 min. wait with standby-only, and they implement Standby Pass with a max wait time of 60 min, you would only stand in line for 60 min., giving you an extra 60 minutes to do other things vs spending all 120 min. in a standby-only line.
If you think they're going to implement this with a max wait-time of 60 minutes on the backend I have a bridge to sell you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you think they're going to implement this with a max wait-time of 60 minutes on the backend I have a bridge to sell you.
“In theory”

…but here’s the real B of it - they don’t have enough ride capacity. Not close.

how do we know? Fastpass+ has been telling you through your phone for years

so it will be near impossible to control standby lines when you don’t have enough slots to start.

it’s like giving up a TD on the opening kickoff and then fumbling the next play in your end zone

Last edited:

sup

I'm not sure what Chapek is waiting on to tell what he going to do about fastpass. Free for on property??? Is he going to start charging? Wish he would tell us so I can cancel and go elsewhere if he is charging for a previously free perk for staying on property. Currently I am booked for Oct. vac.

MurphyJoe

I tend to agree with you but the question is: could it do lasting damage? also, if all these new "pay fors" don't work, how easy will it be to pivot back?

I think a lot of people look at WDW as immune to decreased business levels and that's just not the case............There have been plenty instances over its history where there have been pullbacks based on customer satisfaction and pricing changes and not just the cyclical nature of their business.........Don't forget we have been in a 10 year economic boom because of zero interest rates and that's about to change..............With competition at its highest ever in FLA, i would not be one bit surprised if occupancy rates go lower and WDW will have to incentivize people to book their hotel rooms

If the new "pay fors" don't work then Disney has options. Depending on the product, they could decrease the price, offer straight discounts, discounts for bundling, or add additional benefits. Doubt they'd decrease the price. However, they could offer things like "30% Off Your Next Line Skip Purchase," "Buy Two Get One Free" or "Buy a Line Skip and Get a Free Snack" sort of deals. Things like Galactic Starcruiser might receive comped (or greatly discounted) park tickets for before or after the experience if booking slows.

jinx8402

I wonder if there will be any teases/announcements during the shareholder call on Thursday. Paid FP+ (or whatever they call it) would surely be something investors are interested in hearing about.

Waters Back Side

I think it's a forgone conclusion that FP will cost money now. I do not think anyone really thinks it will remain completely free at this point. In a way WDW wpuld be dumb not to charge for it in some way shape or form.

For me, it's a matter of if it remains free and in what form for resort guests or a subset of them.

I always felt from day 1 it would be a combination of both.

Jeff4272

I think it's a forgone conclusion that FP will cost money now. I do not think anyone really thinks it will remain completely free at this point.

For me, it's a matter of if it remains free and in what form for resort guests or a subset of them.
I always felt from day 1 it would be a combination of both.
I originally thought that but now i am second guessing myself and don't think it will be free for anyone any longer

EeyoreFan#24

I originally thought that but now i am second guessing myself and don't think it will be free for anyone any longer
I’m wondering if they’ll try to work the angle of “3 exclusive hours to ride” for the deluxe resort guests into the pitch some how. Implying they don’t need any free passes during the day and have to pay up if they want them too.

Don’t know if it makes sense at all with the schedule and locations so far, but seems like something they may try.

dreday3

Perhaps resort guests will be able to book in advance and off-site can while in the park? That would be a decent perk for resort people.

sup

Perhaps resort guests will be able to book in advance and off-site can while in the park? That would be a decent perk for resort people.
I agree. Free fastpass should come with the on property room I already booked. If you are ok with paying for it then stay off property. Off property is way , way cheaper so those off property can pay for fastpass and it all evens out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom