FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Pleakley

I’m not saying that was the only reason but when they take away all these perks that were free pre Covid then your value is less. That’s can’t be argued.

for Eg., I’m assuming you rather free magic band than paying for it? Free parking vs paying for it? Free transportation from the airport instead of paying for it? Free fast passes vs paying for them? Extra hours in the parks vs not having them?

get it?

No one is arguing they haven't taken things away or that the value isn't less.

It's simply that, for some people, the value of what has been taken away isn't enough to influence their decision on where to stay.

The perks aren't the only reason people stay on property. If you know they aren't the only reason, why are you asking why people stay on property? Someone who doesn't use Magical Express or Extra Magic Hours won't change their behaviour. Others will.

I get it. Do you?

Jeff4272

No one is arguing they haven't taken things away or that the value isn't less.

It's simply that, for some people, the value of what has been taken away isn't enough to influence their decision on where to stay.

The perks aren't the only reason people stay on property. If you know they aren't the only reason, why are you asking why people stay on property? Someone who doesn't use Magical Express or Extra Magic Hours won't change their behaviour. Others will.

I get it. Do you?
I do. Disney just took away one of your 2 queen beds in your room and now you have to sleep on air mattresses

but hey, at least you’re near magic kingdom park!

There’s a point where if they keep taking that it doesn’t matter how close it is.

now you get it?

And for a lot of people, the things they took are a cumulative part of their entertainment dollars being spent and now not being worth it.

let me ask you, where would you draw the line?

For A lot of people that line has been crossed. The cost of on property hotels are WAY too expensive for the only real benefit is being on property and not offering anything else

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I think the option for Lighting Pass would be as a ticket add on as opposed to a per ride use. Lightning Pass + as a per ride use makes a lot more sense.

Disney has positioned Disney World as an area for the cruise line model. Pay for a package and get an all inclusive. Now they're trying to do that and nickle and dime. Something has got to give.

dav23

I’d wager that the vast majority of guests stay in Disneyworld hotels to stay in Disneyworld hotels. The perks are completely secondary to not having to leave property. Most first-time visitors won’t even know what used to be offered, they just know they can see a giraffe from their balcony or can walk to the Magic Kingdom.

Jeff4272

I’d wager that the vast majority of guests stay in Disneyworld hotels to stay in Disneyworld hotels. The perks are completely secondary to not having to leave property. Most first-time visitors won’t even know what used to be offered, they just know they can see a giraffe from their porch or can walk to the Magic Kingdom.
I’d wager that’s inaccurate. Occupancy rates have fallen precipitously
in the past. Competition right now is more than its ever been with universals expansion. I’d wager anything that next year occupancy rates drop off

TrojanUSC

I’d wager that’s inaccurate. Occupancy rates have fallen precipitously
in the past. Competition right now is more than its ever been with universals expansion. I’d wager anything that next year occupancy rates drop off

This is why they keep pulling cash rooms out of inventory to move them to DVC.

Also, there's a lot of competition just around WDW, irregardless of Universal. Many guests who would have previously stayed at the Grand or the Poly are now at the FS, Waldorf of JW. Why spend $800 a night for few perks and a cartoon-y room, when you can spend $500/night for a five star room and far, far better service?

JAB

You can wait in line at the time you arrive and do other things after or you can wait in line later when called back in the queue and do things before. Not sure what the difference is. There is no appeal to wait to be called back to a stand by line and wait.
They're not the same. As an example, if a ride would have a 120 min. wait with standby-only, and they implement Standby Pass with a max wait time of 60 min, you would only stand in line for 60 min., giving you an extra 60 minutes to do other things vs spending all 120 min. in a standby-only line.

runnsally

They're not the same. As an example, if a ride would have a 120 min. wait with standby-only, and they implement Standby Pass with a max wait time of 60 min, you would only stand in line for 60 min., giving you an extra 60 minutes to do other things vs spending all 120 min. in a standby-only line.
In practice, this is going to be really tough to pull off for the more popular attractions. You will have to give people really tight return windows and stick to them otherwise the system will quickly fall apart assuming demand remains consistent throughout the day.

Waters Back Side

During the busy weeks there is never a time the popular attractions are only 60 minutes. I've never seen it once. And that is when families most frequently attend Disney year after year. That's why they are considered peak weeks.
Test Track might he 120 minutes when they close the line and have you come back later and then you wait 90 minutes.

And I'm sorry, people can disagree with this all day everyday, but resort guests who pay good money and got used to annually getting free line skips where the wait is no more then 20 minutes never should have to be limited to waiting 60 minutes or pay as the only options.

Last edited:

jpinkc

Look right now. People are filling resorts with no perks at all. You so have early entry and extra magic hours for deluxe guests. That's probably the extent of it.
I have been told by a couple of Disney travel people that alot of the bookings are people who delayed there trips from 2020, also was told alot of it is fear NOW that if they dont do it NOW who knows that things wont get closed again. I dont think we will ever see another lockdown myself. That would cause a total meltdown worse than the last time. I dont see the Government allowing for it nationwide again.

Waters Back Side

The other thing nobody is talking about is with the rumored multiple options and how they work, how can it be that not a single rep when you call WDW really know nothing at this point? If its true and If they are informed a day or two before WDWs decision goes public, how do they handle all the push back, or even peoples questions and concerns when it comes time to answer questions amd explain it to them how each option works, what it entails etc?

I have to wonder if, even for a very short period of time, the old FP+ is grandfathered for those who have reservations booked for an upcoming trip a year in advance. Imagine having reservations for Thanskgiving week/weekend. If this went live October 1st, unless the new system is flawless, it will present a lot of challenges. What about those who have theor trip paid off 30 days on advance as required amd then in October and now need to spend a lot more money to have the ability to skip some lines. At least with the Magic express announcement, people have a year in advance to prepare to pay for Mears or another method of transportation.

EeyoreFan#24

In practice, this is going to be really tough to pull off for the more popular attractions. You will have to give people really tight return windows and stick to them otherwise the system will quickly fall apart assuming demand remains consistent throughout the day.

I agree. I fear very few people will understand it’s just a direct replacement for the time and would be the equivalent of waiting until the marquee and then getting out of line. You lose your spot then. I think many will have a FP mindset or complain if they miss their window. I’m ok with it, but others might not be.

TrojanUSC

The other thing nobody os discussing is with the rumored multiple options and how they work, how can it be that not a single rep when you call WDW really no nothing at this point? If they are informed a day or two before WDWs decision goes public, how do they handle all the push back, or even peoples questions and concerns when it comes time to answer questions amd explain ot to them?

I have to wonder if, even for a very short period of time, the old FP+ is grandfathered for those who have reservations booked for an upcoming trip a year in advance. Imagine having reservations for Thanskgiving week/weekend. If this went live October 1st, unless the new system is flawless, it will present a lot of challenges. What about those who have theor trip paid off 30 days on advance as required amd then in October and now need to spend a lot more money to have the ability to skip some lines. At least with the Magic express announcement, people have a year in advance to prepare to pay for Mears or another method of transportation.

No, they will announce it, then there will be a gap of a few weeks while cast are trained on it. All of this will take place prior to the date it goes live.

The entire point of this system (aside from generating money) is to make things more flexible. Nobody "needs" to spend a lot of money to skip some lines. The default is people wait in the regular line. If there's a few attractions you want to see again or skip the queue for, you can pay to do so. Don't need a big lead time to set that up. They did it in Paris in a matter of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom