FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waters Back Side

Strategically speaking, I'm good with Rat being a boarding queue like ROTR. For one I cannot imagine it will be as popular or as hard to get. And secondally, it potentially opens up the ability to ride 2 top tier rides in one day at Epcot. I'm basing this on the assumption that resort guests get 1 free Lightning Lane (or FP equivalent ).

If it ends up being as difficult to get a boarding pass for it, or guests do not even get 1 freebie whichc to me is unimaginable, then my thought process is out the window.

Jrb1979

Incentive used to be free magic bands, free magical express, free parking at the resorts, 60 day advanced fast pass, extra magic hours and now all of that is gone.
Look right now. People are filling resorts with no perks at all. You so have early entry and extra magic hours for deluxe guests. That's probably the extent of it.

Jeff4272

Not everyone stays on property due to incentives.

The resorts are generally nice and have interesting themes. I personally enjoy the atmosphere of Disney resorts. I enjoy walking around the lake at Coronado Springs and the swimming pool features a large temple. Port Orleans lets one experience a Disney interpretation of New Orleans, which is more interesting than a generic offsite hotel.

Staying in the bubble means not having to deal with driving or using a hotel shuttle with a strict schedule. Anything one wants to do in WDW can be accessed by internal transportation. The buses run every 20 minutes so there's no need to fret about a schedule. Taking a boat to Disney Springs is certainly more fun than driving your rental car from the Super 8 down the road.

On my last trip I avoided Early Magic Hours, I just don't find them worth the hassle. I did two Evening Magic Hours over the course of a week. Magical Express was great, but I only used it one way due to staying at Universal after Disney.

The few perks I took advantage of were fine, but they weren't the only factor in my decision to stay on property. If I was assessing from a cost benefit perspective they hardly justified paying Disney prices on their own.

WDW is a vacation environment beyond the theme parks, and staying in the bubble can simply be a more "magical" experience.
I’m not saying that was the only reason but when they take away all these perks that were free pre Covid then your value is less. That’s can’t be argued.

for Eg., I’m assuming you rather free magic band than paying for it? Free parking vs paying for it? Free transportation from the airport instead of paying for it? Free fast passes vs paying for them? Extra hours in the parks vs not having them?

get it?

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

Even if some or most of this is true, what was highlighted on the podcast, there is still no definitive either way as to if resort guests will receive some free line skips.

Jeff4272

Look right now. People are filling resorts with no perks at all. You so have early entry and extra magic hours for deluxe guests. That's probably the extent of it.
Yeah that stinks. And this is temporary due to pent up demand, dvc inventory issues and the upcoming 50th. That will only last so long and by this time next year I bet occupancy rates will be struggling

jinx8402

I could be very wrong, but didn't Marni suggest people making choices at check in? Perhaps on site would get 1 or 2 of the regular lightning pass per ticket day, but can only make them once checked in? Where as off site can only make them day of?

Jrb1979

I’m not saying that was the only reason but when they take away all these works that were free pre Covid then your value is less. That’s can’t be argued.

for Eg., I’m assuming you rather free magic band than paying for it? Free parking vs paying for it? Free transportation from the airport instead of paying for it? Free fast passes vs paying for them? Extra hours in tj e parks vs not having them?

get it?
We all get it. Most would prefer free stuff. I personally embrace a paid FP system. With a paid FP system the odds of everyone buying it makes it better for me.

Waters Back Side

Not everyone stays on property due to incentives.

While there is some truth to this, as well as the fact the transportation on site being a big perk, I kind of think the incentive to stay on site because of the "Disney feel to it" and the theming is part of the complete package combined with the other perks that made it feel magical. If they remove the ability to skip a line or two for free entirely, the resort occupancy will take a hit because it will not feel like a typical Disney trip without the perks people became used to.

Jeff4272

We all get it. Most would prefer free stuff. I personally embrace a paid FP system. With a paid FP system the odds of everyone buying it makes it better for me.
Lol

I’ll give you a little hint. Free FastPass worked as good as paid fast pass will work. You still don’t wait in the lines either way.

Waters Back Side

Yeah that stinks. And this is temporary due to pent up demand, dvc inventory issues and the upcoming 50th. That will only last so long and by this time next year I bet occupancy rates will be struggling

Not to mention, Deluxes were having trouble filling up. Which is why they gave them the extended evenings as an incentive in a few months. Its different nownwhen everyone is on the same boat, but when/if they start announcing certain things that were once free for all, are now paid options only or limited availability to certain tiers or guest types, it will impact guests from staying on site. No matter how themed and magical the feeling of staying at a Disney resort is to many.

Word of mouth will also in the not to distant future impact them. Once it gets around to the guests who come once a year and are used to doing Disney their way and they find out the perks are back but are monetized will not help WDW either.

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

I could be very wrong, but didn't Marni suggest people making choices at check in? Perhaps on site would get 1 or 2 of the regular lightning pass per ticket day, but can only make them once checked in? Where as off site can only make them day of?

If this means the choices can be made without having to stand in a line in the lobby upon arrival and booking them with a CM, then that is not a big deal. As well as ride availability. If it means we lose a few hours of the day to book them at the front desk that's problematic IMO.

Last edited:

runnsally

We love express pass. And I agree that works best. Paying per ride seems so cheap, like you’re at a carnival.
Totally agree. The (maybe-not-so) microtransaction business is off-putting. Probably another example of Disney creating a problem and then eventually offering a very expensive paid solution (unlimited lightening+!).

EeyoreFan#24

The only thing that sounds semi interesting to me is the standby return. It would be better than waiting in a long line in the pathways, but the rest, not so sure about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom