FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrlaltdel

because the fact disney wasn’t the same as everywhere else was what made disney special.

disney was a leader and standout. Now its “same as everyone else”… is that not hard to understand?
Getting rid of benefits definitely doesn't help. The double whammy of charging for resort parking (discourages car use, whatever, fine on it's own) and then taking away the free transportation to the parks (encourages car use) seem like very penny-wise, pound-foolish moves.

The perception of being constantly nickeled and dimed will only increase with DPA. It's one thing to increase prices, it's another to increase prices while also breaking out more and more components and forcing people to make all these choices they previously didn't have to make.

I do agree that Disney would benefit from moving to a more inclusive, cruise-type model. Even if the initial price increases a large amount, people feel that they are getting what they always got and it's one less thing to think about on vacation. I think people would pay it, and guest satisfaction would likely increase once the initial shock of seeing $x/person/day wore off.

DisneyMusician2

the price went up $50 a share in a year when 85% of their businesses were shut down…

what was the point again?
Haha it was more about being streaming in the tech space and the overall valuation of tech companies and ‘at-home’ companies during the pandemic. But that’s getting off-topic :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nothing against you, Luv, but the fact that a part of the day (for one day) blip in stock price one way or the other is driving how success is measured in a company is just sad. It's reality these days. I know that.
I guess I'm old fashioned in the idea that a company should do well by creating and maintaining something great, also creating value and employing people to create that value, ultimately ending up in increased business and a stellar reputation, while also making a profit as well as another result of a decent quality of life for those who work hard to make it all happen.

1625754189177.jpeg

RobbinsDad

Getting rid of benefits definitely doesn't help. The double whammy of charging for resort parking (discourages car use, whatever, fine on it's own) and then taking away the free transportation to the parks (encourages car use) seem like very penny-wise, pound-foolish moves.

The perception of being constantly nickeled and dimed will only increase with DPA. It's one thing to increase prices, it's another to increase prices while also breaking out more and more components and forcing people to make all these choices they previously didn't have to make.

I do agree that Disney would benefit from moving to a more inclusive, cruise-type model. Even if the initial price increases a large amount, people feel that they are getting what they always got and it's one less thing to think about on vacation. I think people would pay it, and guest satisfaction would likely increase once the initial shock of seeing $x/person/day wore off.
Did I miss something? Taking away free transportation to the parks?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Nothing against you, Luv, but the fact that a part of the day (for one day) blip in stock price one way or the other is driving how success is measured in a company is just sad. It's reality these days. I know that.
I guess I'm old fashioned in the idea that a company should do well by creating and maintaining something great, also creating value and employing people to create that value, ultimately ending up in increased business and a stellar reputation, while also making a profit as well as another result of a decent quality of life for those who work hard to make it all happen.
Umm, I was simply replying to the poster that stated the stock price was down 10%, when it is only $2 right now. I was certainly not making any judgements on how Disney is running things, and I completely agree with you that you do well by creating and maintaining something great and always give guests more for your money - not less.

Ayla

We got lucky and get the ME both ways even though we leave for home on 1/3/22. They are running ME until the 15th they said. Had they not been available (as they will not be for future trips) I checked Mears Connect...for 5 people to Disney is $150 dollars. To go 18 miles. Round trip is $300. Other methods of transportation will also be available I am sure, but Mears is what Disney is trying to throw onto us as the replacement.
Where have you seen pricing for Mears Connect? As far as I knew, no pricing has been announced.

Lil Copter Cap

Silliest of questions, but do we know a precise reason Disney wouldn't go back to a ticketed model, but instead of pay-per-ride, you are paying for quicker access? (Understood about society not liking micro-transactions, but I would say this is slightly different.)

I'm still wondering how they will use Recovery for Temporarily Closed attractions due to weather or ride hiccups. Nothing says Guest Relations Hot Mess like a guest who paid $20 /per family member to ride Rise of the Resistance and have the ride busted without a pre-show. Of course, this is all hypothetical as Disney hasn't said anything regarding WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Haha it was more about being streaming in the tech space and the overall valuation of tech companies and ‘at-home’ companies during the pandemic. But that’s getting off-topic :)
It was about speculation…crap…not production - which was the point of stocks in the first place.

perception….not product.

so Iger tells you a product that sells for $6.99 a month will take years to break even…but the big short guys get giddy in a locked down world and decide it’s worth $50 a share more in 2020?

…that about cover it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Silliest of questions, but do we know a precise reason Disney wouldn't go back to a ticketed model, but instead of pay-per-ride, you are paying for quicker access? (Understood about society not liking micro-transactions, but I would say this is slightly different.)

I'm still wondering how they will use Recovery for Temporarily Closed attractions due to weather or ride hiccups. Nothing says Guest Relations Hot Mess like a guest who paid $20 /per family member to ride Rise of the Resistance and have the ride busted without a pre-show. Of course, this is all hypothetical as Disney hasn't said anything regarding WDW.
Because you’re already paying for the rides…now it’s paying for which path you use to walk on it.

genius

SpykeYs

Do you folks think Fastpass+ (free or paid) will be back by October 1st at the latest or chances are it will be out for the whole year ?

Ayla

Disney is removing the free transportation option to and from the hotels to the airport, not the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom