FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrlaltdel

I’m still trying to see what 50,000,000 clicks looks like without any fastpass system available to all?

it’s never happened.
Fair enough. I can’t refute you there. However I’m assuming this will be up and running by the time Disney gets to full capacity. Maybe it is a disaster! My guess is that it ultimately isn’t too different than it has been in the past, just less FP overall given out.

Some people who want to can spend whatever they want to continually ride til they can’t no more. I definitely feel a little uncomfortable about that but that will be a small % overall. I am certainly not convinced it will help at all with guest satisfaction and it can certainly backfire horribly. The 3 FP+ was a wonderful way for Disney to gain more control over their trips and still leave guests satisfied that they would be guaranteed to do at least some things that were must do’s.

In my case, it really also depends if different levels of resorts get different amounts of DPA. If it’s all the same, I may save the price of a moderate and book a value, and then use that money I saved instead to put aside to buy DPA’s if necessary.

dovetail65

i’m Sure $10 would be a hit…which is why I don’t expect that to be a thing…

if I might ask: how often would you/do you travel to Orlando and pay $150-200 per person per day - combined cost of roughly $300-400 - for amusement parks?

I’m just trying to , who wants that it at least one day per park adn anyone goes on a ten day trip goes to the parks 7 ttimesunderstand the psychology.
Psychology? I am thinking I must be in the wrong business. Some that say these things must not have large families or possibly no families or they are the one and done or thinking they would only pay for the Fp for one day?
I have 6 kids. So 200 x 8 is 1600 a day. Say I go on a 10 day trip but do 7 days at the parks, 7 x 1600, 11200 bucks for something we had included for near 20 years?

Disney Analyst

welcome to the class system.

IF youre rich, you can do whatever you want.

If you arent you will not be able to ride certain rides.

I think next years trip might be my last... and im stunned writing that.

Wait... Disney is already a class system....

Can't afford to stay at a Disney resort? You missed out on benefits and perks, like first dibs at all the best Fast Passes.

Can't afford a VIP all day tour? You miss out on front of line access and a day of feeling like a celebrity.

The overall goal with this SHOULD be to make the majority actually have a better experience, while allowing those who can afford to, or want to splurge, a perk.

My hope would be that whatever happens at Disneyland or WDW will actually improve the experience for the majority, even if it isn't as great for all us fans who knew how to work the various FastPass systems to our advantages.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Outside of online forums, I’ve never met anyone who goes to WDW every year. (Personally, I average 3 times per decade… and that’s more than most people I know).
I doubt 10% of Americans could even afford to take trips to WDW every year.
I have. Several, in fact: in the small section I used to work in... my new in-laws... neighbors. And none of them are active here.

el_super

My point is that a lot of people are frustrated with the fact that Disney will now potentially close standby lines at-will and throttle capacity for people who aren't paying. Paid fastpasses suck but are unsurprising - the changes to standby lines are significantly more concerning.

To be fair though, Disney has always had this power, and even in pre-Fastpass days there were ways around the lines (Club33/VIP Tours/being Michael Eisner).

But it wasn't a concern then and it shouldn't be now. They know there are consequences if they abuse it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Can't afford to stay at a Disney resort? You missed out on benefits and perks, like first dibs at all the best Fast Passes.

Can't afford a VIP all day tour? You miss out on front of line access and a day of feeling like a celebrity.

The overall goal with this SHOULD be to make the majority actually have a better experience, while allowing those who can afford to, or want to splurge, a perk.

My hope would be that whatever happens at Disneyland or WDW will actually improve the experience for the majority, even if it isn't as great for all us fans who knew how to work the various FastPass systems to our advantages.
…shouldn’t you be protecting Caesar??

it’s monetization…the “I hope it improves the experience” kinda is a giveaway.

amusement parks…relative value. Not “experience” that takes the restraints off and allows the seller to convince you that no push is too far.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be fair though, Disney has always had this power, and even in pre-Fastpass days there were ways around the lines (Club33/VIP Tours/being Michael Eisner).

But it wasn't a concern then and it shouldn't be now. They know there are consequences if they abuse it.
Respectfully…not the same thing. How many club 33/tours are there on a given day?

what consequences? In Orlando? When do they stand up to anything?

havoc315

i’m Sure $10 would be a hit…which is why I don’t expect that to be a thing…

if I might ask: how often would you/do you travel to Orlando and pay $150-200 per person per day - combined cost of roughly $300-400 - for amusement parks?

I’m just trying to understand the psychology.

Every few years. And combined with airfare, resort, etc.
I don’t like to waste money, and look for places to save… but also I’m willing to spend money to enhance a trip. I’ve upgraded to suites on cruises, club level at Disney, after hour tickets at Disney. An occasional special meal. On European trips, doing private tours instead of the large group tours, etc.

I’m guessing (purely a guess), that Disney’s goal of DPA is to regularly sell higher access to 10% of guests. (Lots of guests splurging for 1-2 passes… a small number buying it on every ride. But about 10% of guests using it moderately and regularly).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agenda aside— a claim that 50% of WDW guests are annual repeat visitors is flatly absurd. Based on attendance, it would mean that almost 10% of Americans go to WDW… not just once or twice, but every single year.

Outside of online forums, I’ve never met anyone who goes to WDW every year. (Personally, I average 3 times per decade… and that’s more than most people I know).
I doubt 10% of Americans could even afford to take trips to WDW every year.

The people who go every single year to WDW, booking a resort or DVC, are a small minority of the 50+ million annual visitors.
This is flatly absurdly wrong.

but I can’t convince you so we can go back to talking about how many hundreds of dollars old rides are worth and leave it at that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Every few years. And combined with airfare, resort, etc.
I don’t like to waste money, and look for places to save… but also I’m willing to spend money to enhance a trip. I’ve upgraded to suites on cruises, club level at Disney, after hour tickets at Disney. An occasional special meal. On European trips, doing private tours instead of the large group tours, etc.

I’m guessing (purely a guess), that Disney’s goal of DPA is to regularly sell higher access to 10% of guests. (Lots of guests splurging for 1-2 passes… a small number buying it on every ride. But about 10% of guests using it moderately and regularly).
Ok…I gotcha. Makes sense

havoc315

This is flatly absurdly wrong.

but I can’t convince you so we can go back to talking about how many hundreds of dollars old rides are worth and leave it at that

Who go EVERY year? Yes, it’s a small percentage. Heck, 20% are international— they aren’t coming every single year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who go EVERY year? Yes, it’s a small percentage. Heck, 20% are international— they aren’t coming every single year.
You’re right…nobody goes EVERY year.

no AP holders…no florida residents…the pools of about 500,000 DVC contracts…nobody at run Disney events…holiday travelers…spring breakers…Halloween nuts…food and wine diehards.

nope…no one.

where do you live? Maybe we’re on two different geographic wavelengths

ChanceH

Universal can be as expensive, especially when you add in the price for Express pass
I live in Texas and my wife son and I have been AP at UNI for the last 5 years. We spend 4 weeks a year there. We spend less in 3 weeks combined what we spend in 10 days at Disney. Universal has hotels that we pay on average $90 a night. Lowest I can get at Disney is almost 1.5-2x that amount. That’s a giant difference off the hit. But we still used to spend 10 days or so a year at Disney doing all 4 parks and Halloween parties. This is just ANOTHER cash grab for Disney. If it was a day pass like UNI then I guarantee wouldn’t be near as many complaints.

aaronml

Classic FP / MaxPass was fairly simple to use, and didn’t require lots of expert tricks, etc. to make the most of, unlike FP+. You just had to show up early in the day — “first come, first served”.

It was a good system for most guests…. I’ve only ever heard good things about it from those who’ve used it.

DPA is definitely not an improvement for the majority of folks unfortunately. It’s only an improvement for those who purchase it.

wutisgood

So Disney tickets are some of the most expensive in the world but it's never enough money for Disney. You know they will intentionally pack the paid fastpass regardless of how many people complain because making the lines longer would just get them more money. Doing the math on total ride capacity for a day vs how many people can fit in the parks so many people hardly get anything done as it is. Lot's of potential buyers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom