FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
IF this is a purchase in park, then once through the tapstyles, many non-rope-droppers will be trying to buy their passes and plan their day RIGHT THERE blocking the subsequent groups coming through the tapstyles.

They may need more surface area, more tapstyles. They will need to have CMs shooing people to move on. Hey they could install a bunch of standing cafe tables to keep us comfy, maybe offer coffee. Cocktail servers.

I suppose most may do their booking in the first queue, or while waiting for RD.
Will be interesting to see! All eyes on Paris.
Don’t worry this has all been thought through. We are in good hands with Disney IT 👀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The 1% they're catering to aren't vacationing in Disney.

No doubt that DVC members could generally be more well to do, but you don't see the millionaires slumming it at the Bay Lake Tower or the Grand Floridian Villas.

Quite frankly Disney does not offer the luxury offerings that would appeal to the demographic they are evidently courting.

For the few that meet their demographic requirements, it will be of diminishing returns.
Some of us know this…many others either don’t know or don’t care to know the truth on it…

Disney parks are expensive…but they have always been frequented/cater to the “new money” types. For lack of a better term.

people tend to be thrilled with themselves when they go…or else DVC wouldn’t sell anymore…and the amenity/lack thereof is designed around that. It’s not like they don’t know.

I remember the type that would post on other forums and talk about their 2,400 DVC points spread out over 5 contracts…probably a $75,000 buy based on the prices at purchase…

congratulations on that…but it doesn’t make you a Vanderbilt.

other things fall into that as well. Tour guides…”club level”…private parties.

all very nice things…but not “elite”. That’s the niche/sweet spot…the belief that it isn’t an amusement park out the window.

the Bob’s know this and exploit it. It’s not really their fault

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No Disney will not care about Satisfaction, they will care about the $$$$, they keep proving it more and more. They will and I am sure ready to carpet bomb any negatives about the new system out of existence with skewed/biased research and shills saying how great the new system is. They if this is true will have battened all hatches for the storm and will just ride it out with no official comment or platitudes of needing to refine the new system. Walt's spirit is truly gone from TWDC and its sad. Wall Street approval is paramount.
The problem is not that Disney cares about $$$$ over guest satisfaction, the problem is that they've forgotten that Satisfaction and $$$$ go hand-in-hand.

bpiper

I mean that's one of the most normal things they do. I stayed in Boston the other night and overnight parking was $40.
The high parking fees in Boston are a result of the lawsuits around the Big Dig from Environmentalists. A cap was placed on the number of paid parking spots in the city, which causes the higher prices. The idea was to raise the parking rates, drive the commuters to the MBTA and reduce pollution.

Parker in NYC

Some of us know this…many others either don’t know or don’t care to know the truth on it…

Disney parks are expensive…but they have always been frequented/cater to the “new money” types. For lack of a better term.

people tend to be thrilled with themselves when they go…or else DVC wouldn’t sell anymore…and the amenity/lack thereof is designed around that. It’s not like they don’t know.

I remember the type that would post on other forums and talk about their 2,400 DVC points spread out over 5 contracts…probably a $75,000 buy based on the prices at purchase…

congratulations on that…but it doesn’t make you a Vanderbilt.

other things fall into that as well. Tour guides…”club level”…private parties.

all very nice things…but not “elite”. That’s the niche/sweet spot…the belief that it isn’t an amusement park out the window.

the Bob’s know this and exploit it. It’s not really their fault
But this is next-level, don't you think? Even for them? If it isn't, and we've reached peak desensitization, it's a truly, truly sad state of affairs. Not batting an eye is exactly what they're hoping for.

IanDLBZF

The high parking fees in Boston are a result of the lawsuits around the Big Dig from Environmentalists. A cap was placed on the number of paid parking spots in the city, which causes the higher prices. The idea was to raise the parking rates, drive the commuters to the MBTA and reduce pollution.
The same can be said for other large cities, like NYC or Chicago.

dovetail65

So I'm going to pay per ride? Why will I pay an entrance fee to the park?!?
May as well go back to the ticket books.

Considering the pay as you ride concept was before my time, I'm going to have to go with zero
It was 3.50 to get in and dad bought the ticket books and we just wanted the E tickets. So the concept of paying per ride is how it all started at MK.

aliceismad

No Disney will not care about Satisfaction, they will care about the $$$$, they keep proving it more and more. They will and I am sure ready to carpet bomb any negatives about the new system out of existence with skewed/biased research and shills saying how great the new system is. They if this is true will have battened all hatches for the storm and will just ride it out with no official comment or platitudes of needing to refine the new system. Walt's spirit is truly gone from TWDC and its sad. Wall Street approval is paramount.
Disney cares about Satisfaction, but only at a certain point. It's good for Disney for people to only be able to experience a certain number of attractions per day. Their goal is to maximize profit while maintaining a certain level of satisfaction. According to bean counters, if your guests are too happy, you're missing out on profit potential. Now seems like an ideal time to increase add-on costs because people are stir-crazy and excited to get out of the house and spend money.

moorish

Is it accurate to say that hotel/restaurant/park reservations will all live in MDE and then VQs/paid fast-passes will live in Genie? So two apps? If so would boarding groups for ROTR stay in MDE (super confusing) or are they migrating or going away?

aliceismad

The same can be said for other large cities, like NYC or Chicago.
Parking costs limit demand in urban areas. Also parking lots also contribute to heat island effect, stormwater runoff, etc. so there are legitimate reasons for not wanting bigger parking areas even in areas where you have plenty of land for bigger parking lots.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You could always change what you had

Yes, you can also show up to the concert venue at the time of show and ask for tickets... but no one would have any sympathy if you found out only crap was left or nothing at all. Same applies here. Yes you can change, but doesn't mean you'd have the same level of ease or supply. "possible" and "desirable" are not always on the same level :) It doesn't change the simple fact your choices were in, and changing them could have major ripple effects.

I’m now wondering about Touring Plans’ optimized itineraries as well—how challenging would it be to incorporate so many options and account for standby passes each day?

Parker in NYC

...or masks and shots...
71TSNMmfWuL._AC_SX569_.jpg

tequila-shots-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom