FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

I guess I will go back in wait and see mode, no sense trying to plan for anything now.

Who the heck knows when we will actually hear how this will play out at WDW.

dovetail65

All good suggestions, I will add make only the attractions that need Fastpasses have Fastpasses. Allow the others to be standby only, like it was in the paper Fastpass days.
But that is exactly what they are doing with the new system in Paris only 8 attractions have Fp available.

orky8

1. There's no risk of that unless I'm visiting Christmas week or the day a major new attraction is opening.

2. Disney wants pre-book information. They don't want pre-book information so badly that they're going to give up clicks to get it.

I still think the vast majority of the people will book a reservation simply because Disney recommends you do to ensure you're able to get into the park you want. You might not, but most will. If there is even a chance the date might sell out, why risk it, will be the mentality of most.

Surferboy567

Can anyone tell us how frequently they take down the standby queue in the Asian parks this is already in? I know it’s a different beast but it’s something at least to compare it to.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Paris is also a good deal cheaper than WDW/DLR. I wonder if they'll do anything like they do with park hopper - ticket with just one FP is $120, with 3 FPs is $160, with 5 it's $200... Or you can always purchase a la carte later.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You are limited to one Standby Return at a time.

What it means is people will have to go to the parks with a game plan.
What ride(s) are we willing to pay for?
Which rides will we go to first?
Which one ride will we grab a Standby Return pass for as soon as it becomes available?
And you’ll need to adapt plans on the fly, depending on what happens.

I think you are overhyping the situation you could end up in...

"Which one ride will we grab a Standby Return pass for as soon as it becomes available?
And you’ll need to adapt plans on the fly, depending on what happens."

Isn't that exactly what we all did in FP days? Look at available times, make a decision based on the current conditions and what we planned for the rest of the day? Or even pre-FP with looking at lines and availability?

So instead of having one day at 60 days out and booking 3 FPs a day and then sitting back and relax knowing that at least that’s 3 important rides sorted, now you’ll have to do planning every single day of your trip and be watching your phone for either paid FPs &/or standby return passes to pop up. I prefer to do my planning in advance and then go with the flow each day."\

Or looked at it another way... you are free to do what you want and adapt to what you see and feel like... instead of being locked into a plan that you made months ago based on the availability you were offered - instead of necessarily what you wanted in the first place.

now you’ll have to do planning every single day of your trip and be watching your phone for either paid FPs &/or standby return passes to pop up

Isn't this the __exact behavior__ people used to say why FP+ and 3 FPs wasn't a big issue? Because you could do exactly what you are saying and people were more than happy to do so?

Personally I don't find the issue of 'day of' planning vs 60/whatever days out an issue because it removes most of the hassles the 60days out presented. Tiered access, punishment for last-minute bookings, punishment for organized group trips (vs vacationers), dealing with the future vs now, lack of flexibility to adjust your plans, etc. Sure you are giving up 'piece of mind', but you are also breaking free of the chains or tearing down the exclusionary walls. That's a gain in my book.

Advanced scheduling (and the further and further pushing out of the boundary) IMO was one of the worst things DIsney has been doing. So a new model that burns that to the ground? Excellent. On the other points, I'm still trying to digest how it will play out.

LittleBuford

Who's still defending this nonsense? Paying $400 at the club for a $40 bottle of whiskey don't make you a baller.
Unless they’ve changed their minds, there were some in this thread who believed that charging for FastPasses would reduce their usage and therefore bring down the standby waits. Perhaps those people welcome this (as yet unconfirmed) change.

mysto

IF this is a purchase in park, then once through the tapstyles, many non-rope-droppers will be trying to buy their passes and plan their day RIGHT THERE blocking the subsequent groups coming through the tapstyles.

They may need more surface area, more tapstyles. They will need to have CMs shooing people to move on. Hey they could install a bunch of standing cafe tables to keep us comfy, maybe offer coffee. Cocktail servers.

I suppose most may do their booking in the first queue, or while waiting for RD.
Will be interesting to see! All eyes on Paris.

Parker in NYC

Finally, a new mess for people to try and defend. I am enjoying the change of pace.
I think they should gather to start one of those millionaires-in-theory clubs. A kind of Members-Only Golden Oak Magic Forum.

Paris is also a good deal cheaper than WDW/DLR. I wonder if they'll do anything like they do with park hopper - ticket with just one FP is $120, with 3 FPs is $160, with 5 it's $200... Or you can always purchase a la carte later.
Outrageous.

aliceismad

I don't think I've ever had free parking as a hotel guest at a 4 or 5 star hotel. It's inexpensive hotels that typically don't charge for parking.

I don't understand berating Disney for an industry standard.
Places like Vegas have free parking still. Large cities on the other hand.... $50 a night for parking in San Fran. :oops:

ETA: I have been corrected that even Vegas is charging for parking at a lot of resorts now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom