FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

FB_IMG_1624390479970.jpg

FB_IMG_1624390475388.jpg

dovetail65

I really, really hope that this means they're bringing back FP+ as we knew it, though I know that's all but impossible in light of what our insiders have said.
Insiders have said things that did not happen tens of times, maybe hundreds in the last 20 years, FP wasn't coming back in 2012 either, anyone remember the FP wars of 2012 on another forum?

If FP comes back exactly as it was for a year that doesn't make the insiders wrong. I always thought when they bring back AP and FP+ at WDW at least for a little while they may be exactly the same. To me that makes sense from several standpoints.

What we know from history is sometimes the insiders are dead on correct and sometimes they aren't. Which insiders said anything about Fp, just so I can read the posts. I can find posts on a couple other fourms from 2006, even earlier about FP being changed to dismantled. Both pre and post FP+ have had all kinds of rumors that turned out to be wrong and some of the posts and rumors emanated from Disney employees at the time. Disney management may or may not change their minds a lot, who knows.

Last edited:

dovetail65

Nah it makes the regular lines MUCH longer and is unnecessary.
FOR who? The people that dont use FP, the people don't plan or for the people that don't use FP nor plan, I never understood it,

Do people really care about everyone else's wait time. Am I that bad a person and everyone else is so nice they care for people's line time they dont know? Or is it they use FP and feel the other lines they themselves wait in are longer? That has never once been the case for me. Even if the other lines are actually factually longer then they would have been if FP didn't exist(and truly that depends on what attraction one likes) I don't feel it in the moment as I walk on the FP or other lines that day. I sure did feel not having Fp a few weeks ago.

Using FP with a plan I have never ever once felt my other line times were longer at all for any reason. Am I alone on this?

And if I sound like smart Alec ignore it, I mean nothing negative to you personally. You can want what you want, I respect that.

UNCgolf

FOR who? The people that dont use FP, the people don't plan or for the people that don't use FP nor plan, I never understood it,

Do people really care about everyone else's wait time. Am I that bad a person and everyone else is so nice they care for people's line time they dont know? Or is it they use FP and feel the other lines they themselves wait in are longer? That has never once been the case for me.

Using FP with a plan I have never ever once felt my other line times were longer at all for any reason. Am I alone on this?

And if I sound like smart Alec ignore it, I mean nothing negative to you personally. You can want what you want, I respect that.

Any standby line you wait in without using a FP is likely much longer than it would be if FP didn't exist.

That doesn't mean you're better off without FP, though -- it depends on how often you wait in the standby line.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Do people really care about everyone else's wait time. Am I that bad a person and everyone else is so nice they care for people's line time they dont know? Or is it they use FP and feel the other lines they themselves wait in are longer? That has never once been the case for me.

Do you really believe FP was magic in that does not had a negative impact... but somehow only to you?

Did you really never do any attraction that didn't have FP?

You say you don't understand it... and that's accurate. To understand it means to take in more than just a isolated slice of things.

BaconPancakes

Do people really care about everyone else's wait time. Am I that bad a person and everyone else is so nice they care for people's line time they dont know? Or is it they use FP and feel the other lines they themselves wait in are longer? That has never once been the case for me. Even if the other lines are actually factually longer then they would have been if FP didn't exist(and truly that depends on what attraction one likes) I don't feel it in the moment as I walk on the FP or other lines that day. I sure did feel not having Fp a few weeks ago.

I’m a super planner for my wdw trips and have always got the FP’s I’ve wanted, but like others said when you’re using the regular lines the other 90% of the time it makes a noticeable negative impact. For example rides like haunted mansion and pirates had outrageously long lines due to FP, when FP isn’t necessary for omnimovers.

AmishGuy91

I’m a super planner for my wdw trips and have always got the FP’s I’ve wanted, but like others said when you’re using the regular lines the other 90% of the time it makes a noticeable negative impact.

If someone is using standby 90% of the time, I'd just assume they actually prefer waiting in long lines so they should be ok with FP+ coming back too :p

acup313

I’m a super planner for my wdw trips and have always got the FP’s I’ve wanted, but like others said when you’re using the regular lines the other 90% of the time it makes a noticeable negative impact. For example rides like haunted mansion and pirates had outrageously long lines due to FP, when FP isn’t necessary for omnimovers.
I’m legit not trying to be rude but why were you using regular lines 90% of the time? At MK, mine train was the only ride I ever struggled to get a same day FP for.

dovetail65

Do you really believe FP was magic in that does not had a negative impact... but somehow only to you?

Did you really never do any attraction that didn't have FP?

You say you don't understand it... and that's accurate. To understand it means to take in more than just a isolated slice of things.
FOR ME , it is all 100% positive. Of course I do line with no FP! We usually do every single ride we want to do in the parks each day even. Using FP I guess we have a knack(well me as dad does) and I suspect many that love Fp has that same knack. We use FP for the things with long lines where we know at that time of day the lines wil be long and time the other rides to where the lines aren't long when we do not have an FP. And we do it every time we go.

I understand the science behind it and how it can make actual wait lines in some lines longer in theory, but a person that uses FP well does not stand in those lines when they are long.

FP makes my experience better makes my day more enjoyable and that is all that matters to me.

Disney Glimpses

Any standby line you wait in without using a FP is likely much longer than it would be if FP didn't exist.

That doesn't mean you're better off without FP, though -- it depends on how often you wait in the standby line.
That's true, for most attractions; but for E-tickets, the wait times right now look about the same as they did when FP+ was active. Seems like there is a natural limit to how long people are willing to wait (e.g. Splash Mountain is 60-80 minutes with and without FP+).

Clamman73

Your 4th and 5th fastpass should be those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom