FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

Only if you allow yourself to go through all of that. For us it would be more like:

"Buy park tickets months out (which we already do anyway since we do not live right down the road from WDW), get a park reservation since there are plenty of available green days on the calendar months out and we already know what parks we want to go to, Fly to O-Town, walk past the DME bus since we have a car rental with by-pass counter service, get our ADR at Disney Springs with zero effort or hassle, get to the park at the crack off dawn since that is our "go time" anyway, get a boarding pass because I understand how to work the app, go home feeling exhausted but satisfied that we had a great trip vowing to return as soon as we can."

You rent a car and than pay the parking fees? Good lord. Especially with current rental rates. I want to work where you work 🤣🤣 if 100 people can work the app but theres only 50 spots...guess what....its still a lottery. Im just glad your fingers are more superb than everyone elses.

matt9112

I admit that this whole BG situation is stupid and should have been handled differently from the beginning but I have had zero problems getting all the way through the app to the part where it asks if I am here. I feel very confident that I will have no issues.

I got the tongue in cheek references. I was not attacking at all. :) I just do not see the WDW trips as problematic as others see them.

I just dont think you should be told essentially you cant ride this ride period ever today. Unless you got your bg. Surely it will become easier with time heck it already has compared to opening. Than again im not a fan of rumors that the system might expand. What if GOTG and tron and rat all do something like this? Rat probably wont need it but the precedent has been set. We shouldn't defend it even if you are one of the fortunate ones.

G00fyDad

You rent a car and than pay the parking fees? Good lord. Especially with current rental rates. I want to work where you work 🤣🤣 if 100 people can work the app but theres only 50 spots...guess what....its still a lottery. Im just glad your fingers are more superb than everyone elses.

Yes. We rent a car. I hate Disney transportation (buses) and gladly pay the money for a rental. And if the $15 per night parking fee is going to stop me from going to Disney then I shouldn't be going in the first place. Not that I like paying that but "Disney is what Disney is". And I never said my fingers are more superb. I said that I have yet to be refused to go as far as I can on the app. And thank you for reminding me why I had you on ignore. This page did not show anything so I (reluctantly) clicked on show ignored content. So, back to regularly scheduled programming....

matt9112

Yes. We rent a car. I hate Disney transportation (buses) and gladly pay the money for a rental. And if the $15 per night parking fee is going to stop me from going to Disney then I shouldn't be going in the first place. Not that I like paying that but "Disney is what Disney is". And I never said my fingers are more superb. I said that I have yet to be refused to go as far as I can on the app. And thank you for reminding me why I had you on ignore. This page did not show anything so I (reluctantly) clicked on show ignored content. So, back to regularly scheduled programming....
Buses used to be much more convenient imho. I feel like they are far more crowded now. The parking was free for decades...sort of was the point....but alass if you took it as some sort of attack about getting a BG i apologize. But the statement is factually true. You get one somebody else does not. Its black in white its a factual statement.

Enjoy yourself and dont forget your 😎

wedenterprises

general question for you or anyone who knows...does the parking fee at the resorts include parks parking?

G00fyDad

Waiting...... We have been planning on a big, last trip for a while. Kids are in HS now. But will not book until we know the FP situation.

Same here. I am going either way but it will either be at ASMovies if FP+ is back or at an off-site hotel if they are not coming back. I just want to hear one way or the other.

G00fyDad

Someone on another forum just posted a photo of a FP+ machine up and running in MK that is supposed to be from today. :oops: :oops: They stated that it came from a DVC Fan FB page.

StarshipDisney

I don't see them announcing anything for FP until maybe later in July but more likely late September right before the 50th.

Just curious...if this happens, are you thinking that we may get maybe a week or two notice before FP becomes available again just before the 50th?

And thus...you have the greatest mass rush in Disney history to get those FP for the 50th? What a last minute madhouse that would be.

I should think they would give a month notice or better...maybe not. The big question for me is will staying on property make any positive difference?

G00fyDad

Just curious...if this happens, are you thinking that we may get maybe a week or two notice before FP becomes available again just before the 50th?

And thus...you have the greatest mass rush in Disney history to get those FP for the 50th? What a last minute madhouse that would be.

I should think they would give a month notice or better...maybe not. The big question for me is will staying on property make any positive difference?

I have no idea what Disney's thinking on this is or how they will handle it but based on past experience I would bet they'll drop it on people last minute and cause their servers to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom