FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

But isn't Universal worse in that department? (at least until we find out what Disney does?)

I can wait in any line i want? Sure you can pay for Express but universal also obviously dosen't have the attendance of disney either. I feel so relaxed COMPARED to disney at universal. But i know some of this is simply the lower popularity. Fun fact mgm studios before swge was my favorite park for this same reason.

matt9112

I see some sort of Max Pass system coming. Deluxe and Deluxe Villas will have this included with Reservations.. All other Moderate and Value rooms will have option to purchase with Tickets. AP's will have included on Plat and Plat Plus with all others option of add on. All other guest will have to purchase separately.

But why....people already pay the insane room rates at deluxe resorts...why sweeten the pot for no reason? Legitimately no economic reason. I could see a discount offer maybe? Max pass is too cheap imho for wdw.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I understand the science behind it and how it can make actual wait lines in some lines longer in theory
It is not a theory. It is simple mathematics. If a ride at capacity do 1000 guests an hour, and all 1000 are in the stand by line, the wait is an hour. If 800 go through FP, then only 200 will get in from stand by. The theory is that because the stand by line is moving slower, then guests will just choose a different attraction. These guests then make other lines longer, they don't just disappear or leave the parks. It just becomes a contest of which attraction has the shortest longer line, until the wait for the tea cups is 55 mins. You also have to realize that the people using FP aren't just hanging out waiting to get on, they are in a different stand by line adding to the length, or wait time of that attraction.

acup313

And how do you know that? You're making a statement of fact so I have to assume that you know something none of the rest of us do. Not even the insiders. How do you know that they're not going to bring it back and it's past form?
I think the insiders have said pretty definitively that a paid version is coming. However, there have been some hints that the old form may come back temporarily since the recovery from COVID is happening quicker than expected.

BaconPancakes

And how do you know that? You're making a statement of fact so I have to assume that you know something none of the rest of us do. Not even the insiders. How do you know that they're not going to bring it back and it's past form?
Uh check the thread title bud. It was created by one of the board’s insiders…

Willmark

They could just increase park capacity....that ride has a very poor loading procedure that is sonewhat difficult for the more round guests. This is all due to you know...not building anything.....
Customer: “we want more rides.”

The Mouse: “look at all these gift shops stuffed with overpriced merchandise and meh to so so food!”

Customer (twenty years later): “we want more rides.”

The Mouse: “you didn’t buy enough the last times you went in terms of overpriced crap or food. We tracked your every move (errr provided a great experience via magic bands now for the low price of 1$199.99) and aren’t building anything to increase capacity, just replacements.”

Customer: I think I’ll go elsewhere…

G00fyDad

I think the insiders have said pretty definitively that a paid version is coming. However, there have been some hints that the old form may come back temporarily since the recovery from COVID is happening quicker than expected.
No. The only thing we've heard is comment after comment repeated from a couple of Disney vloggers. Everyone has since jumped on that and assumed that they're 100% correct and have been debating how much it's going to cost. It may come back in a paid form but no one outside of Disney's boardroom has any clue at this point.

acup313

But why....people already pay the insane room rates at deluxe resorts...why sweeten the pot for no reason? Legitimately no economic reason. I could see a discount offer maybe? Max pass is too cheap imho for wdw.
I think the one economic reason goes back to the original reasoning for FP+ which was to keep people out of lines and in shops. The people saying at Deluxe resorts are probably the people you most want in the shops. I’m not saying this is going to happen, just a possible reason if it did.

matt9112

FOR who? The people that dont use FP, the people don't plan or for the people that don't use FP nor plan, I never understood it,

Do people really care about everyone else's wait time. Am I that bad a person and everyone else is so nice they care for people's line time they dont know? Or is it they use FP and feel the other lines they themselves wait in are longer? That has never once been the case for me. Even if the other lines are actually factually longer then they would have been if FP didn't exist(and truly that depends on what attraction one likes) I don't feel it in the moment as I walk on the FP or other lines that day. I sure did feel not having Fp a few weeks ago.

Using FP with a plan I have never ever once felt my other line times were longer at all for any reason. Am I alone on this?

And if I sound like smart Alec ignore it, I mean nothing negative to you personally. You can want what you want, I respect that.

Some people just want to visit a theme park....crazy concept eh?

matt9112

I think the one economic reason goes back to the original reasoning for FP+ which was to keep people out of lines and in shops. The people saying at Deluxe resorts are probably the people you most want in the shops. I’m not saying this is going to happen, just a possible reason if it did.

I agree with you BUT we know from insiders the whole spending all that spare time in shops or spending money never materialized. Disney never saw that huge bump after fp+

dovetail65

I’m a super planner for my wdw trips and have always got the FP’s I’ve wanted, but like others said when you’re using the regular lines the other 90% of the time it makes a noticeable negative impact. For example rides like haunted mansion and pirates had outrageously long lines due to FP, when FP isn’t necessary for omnimovers.
Wait what would you stand in an outrageous long line to haunted mansion? And why blame it on FP? That is the person fault, not FP fault, if a person uses FP in people mover that is their mistake.

With the internet adn touring plans anyone an get this info, I suspect people just dont want to and that's on them, don't take the planning away from me though.

I truly think some believe if their was no FP all line woul be shorter, nope! All line would be imperceptibly shorter wiht no FP at all and that's exactly what happened 3 weeks ago adn I why I told my wife I dont want to go back until FP is back on. I was overruled though.

mergatroid

It is not a theory. It is simple mathematics. If a ride at capacity do 1000 guests an hour, and all 1000 are in the stand by line, the wait is an hour. If 800 go through FP, then only 200 will get in from stand by. The theory is that because the stand by line is moving slower, then guests will just choose a different attraction. These guests then make other lines longer, they don't just disappear or leave the parks. It just becomes a contest of which attraction has the shortest longer line, until the wait for the tea cups is 55 mins. You also have to realize that the people using FP aren't just hanging out waiting to get on, they are in a different stand by line adding to the length, or wait time of that attraction.
Not all. Very often my wife and I would book FP's for 3-4, 4-5 & 5-6 for say the MK and arrive at 3pm. There's various other factors involved as people's touring tactics can vary. Others grab meals in between FP's too.

BaconPancakes

Im not exactly where where the original was (to justify your use of the word again).....but your assertion is a scientific impossibility. The existence of fastpass on a regular line does indeed lengthen the standby line.
Some people just can never accept the truth. He had to take his ball and go home because he didn’t like hearing it. FP will not be back in its past form period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom