Fastest Ride at WDW

TheOneVader

I don't think the buses go over 65. And the monorails COULD go faster than Test Track I bet, but otherwise they go 40mph, I think.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Mikejakester
I thought the fastet one is Rock and rollerocaster.
I'm *pretty sure* it's the monorails. They can potentially go the fastest. RnRC may go the fastest, but the monorails if needed can be a thrill ride in themselves! :animwink:

EvilMortimer

Account Suspended
The monorails were tested at speeds of 70 MPH. Under normal conditions, they only go 40 MPH. (except downhill from the Contemporary to the TTC, where many pilots crank it up to 50:lol: )

WDW John

It seems we are moving to theoreticals now, which just makes things harder to figure out. If the monorails have been tested at 70 MPH, how fast has Test Track been tested at? When you ride Test Track you will go over 60 MPH, but I'm sure if that's what Disney lets us experience then the cars are capable of more.

Also, what is the speed of Tower of Terror? I remember that it is "faster than gravity". The rate of falling bodies (free fall) is 32' per second per second (or 32 ft/sec squared) and terminal velocity is 120 MPH. It's hard to know for sure about ToT considering those figures are what occur in nature but ToT is, basically, faster than that.

If we just stick to actual ride speeds it would probably be easier to figure out. So, how fast do the buses actually go?

Tim G

Originally posted by WDW John
terminal velocity is 120 MPH. It's hard to know for sure about ToT considering those figures are what occur in nature but ToT is, basically, faster than that.
Tower Of Terror is being pulled down with 1.1 x Terminal Velocity.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Michael Darling

Test Track vehicles are supposedly capable of speeds of up to 90MPH.

If we're talking theoretical top speeds, then I'd vote for Test Track. I'd like to see a 20 year old WDW bus try to hit 90.

If we're talking about actual speeds, then MKT on any street sounds right. I'll even surpass the theoretical 90MPH of TT...

And what the heck are you talking about terminal velocity? An object's terminal velocity is determined by it's surface area and the wind resistance (friction) generated. A killer whale dropped out of an airplane will have a different terminal velocity than me jumping out of an airplane.

Tower of Terror accelerates downward at approx. 1.2 (or 1.5) Gs... that's about 1.2*9.8M/s/s (since 1 G of acceleration is 9.8M/s/s). Stop talking physics if you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Michael Darling
Tower of Terror accelerates downward at approx. 1.2 (or 1.5) Gs... that's about 1.2*9.8M/s/s (since 1 G of acceleration is 9.8M/s/s). Stop talking physics if you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

he is right... a bit curt (just like me), but right...

Mikejakester

Oy Thanks man! I could not have said it better my self!!

First of all,gravity is an acceleration not a speed. So it would be 9.81m/ s^2. That converts to 21.949 mph^2 or 32.18 Ft/s^2

When drag is equal to weight, there is no net external force on the object and the object will fall at a constant velocity as described by Newton's first law of motion. The constant velocity is called the terminal velocity.

The terminal Velocity of a human Bieng would be about 200 km/h or 124mph. But it all the depends on it density and drag surface area. I know the terminal velocity of the elevator is NOT 124 mph. But if anyone can get me the weight, inicial velocity, and distance drop I can get you it's max. velocity.

Terminal velocity is usually used with skydivers. since it's the point where the drag of air and a persons wieght equal so that the aceleration is 0. but due to the elevators weight I don't think the elevator has enough free falling time to achive it's terminal velocity.

Mikejakester

I hate to say it but you are all wrong. The fastest attraction at Disney is the Credit Card Swipe. Just .5 seconds to financial peril!

I hate to say it. But your wrong :lol: :hammer: Actually it would be the other way around. The slowest one of all.

Velocity equals distance/ time.

So it would be
Distance traveled= 5 in
Time= 0.5 s

5/0.5in=10inches/s or 0.56mph

Sorry!:animwink: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom