Fast pass plus

Buried20KLeague

1, 2, 3, 4. OK, so now I have to spend some time in line at the Haunted Mansion in exchange of not having to hold a spot for an hour for a parade? How is that bad?

5. No, not go away. Just why hang out and discuss something all the time about something that is so bad and that is hated so much.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about having to wait 10-20 minutes to build up anticipation for the Haunted Mansion. We love that their are lines on our favorite attractions. We love having a line in Pirates so we can walk slowly and enjoy the queue. I hate for example when their is no line on say Big Thunder Mountain and I have someone up my butt pushing me for 10 minutes as we eventually get to a line and stop anyway. Our family of 4 goes single file a lot so that people that are tail gating us (or talking loudly) can get by and enjoy going slow.

I guess I can see how those that want to run from attraction to attraction and do everything 5 times in the park may be a bit upset that now they will only be able to do everything 4 times.

Will some things be slower, probably, but in return you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on your vacation, you don't have to run back and forth across the park getting fastpasses anymore. These good things far outweigh waiting 10 extra minutes checking out the cool new cemetary at the Haunted Mansion for us.

We stay here and complain about things we think are wrong because we CARE about the place that we're not happy with. We want for WDW what DL has become. It seems like such an easy concept to me. If I'm not happy with ANYTHING in my life, I try to fix it. I don't just stick my head in the sand, or turn the other way to avoid looking at the problem.

You love the que at Big Thunder? Well, our opinions differ on that... GREATLY. Nothing about switchbacks is exciting to me. And as for Pirates, I agree... I like the que. But I like it a lot more when I can wander it at my own pace, not stand still in a massive line that I know is only there because the other que is off limits to us commoners.

So you like waiting in lines. That's fine. But SURELY you can see how you would be in the massive minority, no? An extremely high percentage of people, me included, would rather experience the attraction than the lines... Especially on attractions that didn't have the stand by lines that will now be the norm due to FP+.

Adam5897

When will this all be in effect? Will I have to plan what attractions I go on and what time? Will I have to get fast passes on my smartphone? I hope some of this isn't true. I have read a lot about next gen and fast pass+ on the forums but I am still confused as too what they both consist of so I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

jklakeview

Original Poster
I'm so confused about all this FP+ stuff. Does it mean i'll now have to start planning out all my trips several days in advance and reserve fast passes? We are locals and go to WDW all the time, sometimes for just a couple hours. I fear getting to the park and being told we can't ride something because it's "all booked up." Also, do you have to pay for FP+?

Not only several days in advance but instead months in advance. There will be no fastpasses in the park for the time you're there. Everything will be booked in advance. I'm assuming much like dining options, the longer you wait to book them, the less available options will be available.

wedenterprises

you'll be able to make changes to your FP rides and times right up until the day of, and then afterwards if you miss your FP time. if you miss your time, you don't "lose" your FP, you can re-book it for something else.

So yes you can book months out, but can also change your mind closer to the day. I'm not sure how it will work for day-of changes though. although if only people staying on property can use the FP system then it might be easier to find a reasonable FP time at the last minute.

Sounds encouraging.

Tip Top Club

you'll be able to make changes to your FP rides and times right up until the day of, and then afterwards if you miss your FP time. if you miss your time, you don't "lose" your FP, you can re-book it for something else.

So yes you can book months out, but can also change your mind closer to the day. I'm not sure how it will work for day-of changes though. although if only people staying on property can use the FP system then it might be easier to find a reasonable FP time at the last minute.

Sounds encouraging.

Some of these details are not set in stone, so take this post with a grain of salt. The original idea was that you could change your reservation up until the time your window opens, but not prior, if you miss it you miss it, and that seems fair to me, and is the option I would HOPE they go for.

ParentsOf4

The new Disney World website has launched today and there's an interesting page that talks all about FastPass + and Next Gen you can see it here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html. As confirmed by the terms anyone who choses the Paperless option and decides to go RFID only well not be able to use the normal FP terminales and can only book FP online.
Lots of details on this Disney Terms & Conditions page. It seems likely that the details will evolve. Some things I find interesting:
  1. It's either FP+ or FP; guests cannot have both. It looks like today's "paper" tickets will be replaced by RFID tickets. Once you do this, you will not be able to use the existing FP system. It's not explicitly stated anywhere but it seems almost certain the old FP system eventually will disappear once a sufficient number have converted their tickets or WDW grows tired of supporting FP.
  2. FP+ can be booked up to 60 days in advanced for "Magic Your Way ticket holders". Maybe I'm overthinking it but this is really depressing seeing that I dislike the current ADR system. It appears they're going to be like ADRs. I wonder if we're going to get into a situation where people are logging in exactly 60 days out at 9 AM so they can make the "good" FP+ selections before they are all gone.
  3. Much more importantly, "The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders." Does this mean different types of ticket holders will get different booking windows? We have AP holders now. Once FP+ is fully implemented, will we see other types of tickets with special privledges? It's done at other theme parks. Will Disney be following suite?
  4. Guests will have a set number of FP+ per day. The current FP system allows those with more "energy" to get more FP. Not with FP+. Even the laziest person will have the same number of FP+ as the most Commando style guest.
  5. Guests can FP+ an attraction only once. Those of you who Commando style know that today's system allows you to FP your favorite attraction once early in the morning and then get a second FP for it again once your first FP is good.
  6. Guests can modify their FP+ selections but I'm not sure how useful this will be. Everyone knows TSM FP+ are going to go first. I suppose that if I have to modify it last minute, I can count on a FP+ being available for the American Idol Experience.:rolleyes:
  7. Just like today's FP, you have to use FP+ during the time window on the electronic ticket.
  8. The number of FP+ a person receives "are limited and vary based on factors". It then lists some relatively non-threatening factors that would be equal for everyone. However, these are just examples. Don't be surprised if FP+ eventually gives more FP+ to people staying in Deluxe Resorts. It's a nice way for WDW to charge for FP+ while still claiming FP+ is free. I suspect FP+ will be "free" but will be "more free" for people who spend more.
  9. FP+ will be linked to ADRs. It's still unclear to me if ADRs will be eliminated or supplemented, how far ahead FP+ dining reservations can be used (60 days?), or will some restaurants have tables set aside for FP+.
  10. Looks like guests will be able to order meals before arriving, if they want to. I'm sure there will be those who want to make their meal selections 60 days ahead of time. I think I'll wait until I get there just so WDW is not shuffling me in-and-out of my very expensive WDW "dining experience".
  11. As we've already seen, FP+ is linked to preferred viewing areas for parades and fireworks.
  12. FP+ also will be linked to character meet & greets. I know for certain at least one thing I won't be using FP+ for.:p
  13. FP+ is good for one park per day only. WDW is discouraging you from park hopping. I wonder if park hopping will now be free.;) Seriously though, I could envision people going to one park for opening, riding several attractions before the Standby lines get too long, and then hopping to their second park where their FP+ are. This could change how people tour WDW. I don't see how this puts a damper on hopping.
  14. It's still unclear what happens if the attraction selected 60+ days out is closed upon arriving. I guess it's nothing to worry about since we know all attractions are up and running all the time.:rolleyes: At least today, if an attraction is down, you know to use your FP selection on something else. WDW says simply that "We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours."
  15. Guests can convert up to 5 unexpired tickets. What if I'm a party of 6 or more. Exactly what does this mean?
Below is just some of what's listed so far:

Disney Park Experience Terms and Conditions

Welcome to the My Disney Experience Website or the My Disney Experience Mobile Application (collectively referred to as the "Site/App") for the Disney Park experience (the "Park Experience" or "Experience"). The Park Experience is designed to enhance your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort, and other operations within the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts business segment, which may participate in the Experience from time to time (each a "Resort"), and provide a more immersive, personalized and seamless experience. The Site/App is your digital guide to the magic of exciting benefits and features that the Park Experience has to offer. The Park Experience is operated by the group of companies within the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts business segment of The Walt Disney Company ("Parks and Resorts Businesses," "we," "us" or "our"). As we add more exciting features and make updates to the Park Experience, you can go to the Help Center of the Site/App for more information and frequently asked questions, which will continue to be updated as these features become available.

DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service

• Once available, Disney FastPass+ service allows you to select an arrival window to experience certain park attractions, character meet and greets, and quick-service restaurants, and to arrange a viewing location for certain entertainment such as fireworks, parades and shows.
  • Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.
  • Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App.
  • The operating hours of all attractions, entertainment and restaurant locations are subject to closures and change without notice.
  • You may make FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected Friends.
  • Your Connected Friends may also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without notification to you. You can view the selections and modifications made by Connected Friends for you when you log in to your account and view your itinerary.
  • FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.
  • A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.
  • Each FastPass+ selection will designate an arrival window for an attraction, restaurant location or entertainment experience. The FastPass+ selection is not valid before or after the designated arrival window or at any other FastPass+ location.
  • You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and redeem a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
  • When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will select a FastPass+ experience set and if your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is redeemed or the first unredeemed experience expires. You may modify an unredeemed individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.
  • All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed. Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.
  • Magic Your Way ticket holders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders.
  • Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to your account.
  • We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.
Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.

DINING
  • You must register and sign in to your account to arrange dining experiences online.
  • Guest policies for the dining experience, including credit card guarantee requirements and cancellation policies, apply. The policies are located in the description of the dining experience and we encourage you to review them carefully. For credit card guarantees or for payment of a dinner show or other pre-paid dining experience, we'll charge the credit card you stored in your account, unless you provide us with a new form of payment at the time you arrange your dining experience.
  • Guests who purchase packages with dining plans are responsible for ensuring they have the appropriate dining plan entitlements for the dining experience or another form of payment will be required.
A FastPass+ selection for dining at a FastPass+ designated table service or quick service location secures your arrival window and allows you to order meal prior to your arrival window. Each guest who has ordered ahead must have a FastPass+ selection for the same arrival time and location confirmed by the Site/App.

CONVERTING TO PAPERLESS TICKETS
  • Once available, you may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission. However, you may want to keep your paper ticket or pass in the event you do not receive your RF Device before your visit or if you are a passholder you should keep your paper pass for validation of other passholder benefits.
  • You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.
  • You may convert up to five valid unexpired paper tickets or passes for yourself and for your Friends.
  • Partially used tickets or passes must be matched to the same person who originally used the ticket or pass. Tickets and passes are non-transferrable and must be used by the same person on all days.
DISCLAIMER/MODIFICATIONS

As the Park Experience will evolve over time, there may be periods during which certain Experience benefits and features are made available on a limited basis to a select audience. Availability of Experience benefits and features is subject to change without notice. At any time, we may amend these Experience Terms (including by modification, deletion and/or addition of any portion thereof). If we make a material amendment to these Experience Terms, we will notify you of such amendment by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address associated with your account, by sending you a message in your account, and/or by posting notice of such amendment on the Site/App by including a notation next to the link to these Experience Terms that states "Updated as of [applicable date]." Any such amendment to these Experience Terms will be effective as of the date the modified or replacement Experience Terms are posted to the Site/App, and such modified or replacement Experience Terms will govern your use of the Site/App on and after the date the modified or replacement Experience Terms are posted.

MaxsDad

I am just really strarting to look into the details of this now. I do not have a concrete plan to return to WDW at this point, so I have not felt the need to nail it down yet, but the above details are interesting. I can understand the majority's ...... reservatoins (pardon the pun) with this new system. I am a planner, and i do not know that I like the sound of this. Anyways, I have a question.

Am I going to have to have a smartphone to use this system effectively? It kind of sounds like if you don't, you are going to have a real hassle on your hands, i.e. changing times, attractions, etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
  1. Much more importantly, "The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders." I strongly suspect this means onsite guests eventually will get preferential treatment with earlier booking windows. I would not be surprised to see something along the lines of Deluxe Resort guests booking 150 days out, Moderate Resort 120 days out, and Value Resort 90 days out. Offsite guests are going to be left with everyone else's scraps.
MYW has nothing to do with onsite vs off or deluxe vs whatever. That point doesn't infer anything about preferential treatment. What it means is possibly... comp tickets may have other terms, passholders may have other terms, etc. Right now, everyone who 'buys' tickets and not an AP is on the same terms with advanced window. # of FPs tho could be a delta based on other factors.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Thank you @ParentsOf4, this is very interesting.

FastPass+ seems overly complex. I have no doubt that the people on this forum will have no problem using it, but what about average tourists, especially non-English speakers? The current FP system is pretty simple, yet I constantly run into people who don't understand it. Yesterday I overheard a CM at Test Track trying to explain to a foreign family that they had to wait until the time on the ticket. How are these people going to deal with such a convoluted system, with all its extra rules and exceptions?

Many people already don't know what FP is when they walk around at the park, now they are supposed to know about FP+ weeks in advance and create online accounts for each member in their family to plan every day of their vacation? This means that they have to familiarize themselves with every park, attraction, meet-and-greet area and show even when they're still at home! Parents will have to ask their kids which attractions they are going to want to go on. While at the park when a child sees a fun character or attraction they didn't already know about when they were still they at home, they're out of luck! Not only may the stand-by line be longer, but they'll also have to move on to make their other FP+ appointments.

Child: "Oh boy, it's Pluto! Daddy, can I get Pluto's autograph? Please please please!"
Parent: "Sorry kid, you should have decided that you wanted to meet Pluto when we were booking FP+ three months ago. You picked Mary Poppins, remember?"
Child: :(

flynnibus

Premium Member
seems like there may be some valid reasons to NOT do FP+ for now... mainly being able to use FP in multiple parks per day and use multiple FP for same attractions.

Maybe hardcore will resist it.. while tourists use it.

RSoxNo1

Lots of details on this Disney Terms & Conditions page. It seems likely that the details will evolve. Some things I find interesting:
I didn't want to quote the entire post, but thanks for sharing.

I was able to play around with the system today and make Fastpass+ reservations day of. I wrote up a blog entry about it that can be found here.

I've quoted the blog post below without the photos:
Another round of Fastpass+ testing has begun and in this round, the newest option is that Hollywood Studios is now available as a Fastpass+ park in addition to the Magic Kingdom.

The Fastpass+ day was for today, December 15th. At approximately 10:30, the following day of attractions were unavailable through Fastpass+:
  • Main Street Electrical Parade
  • Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
  • Toy Story Mania (this appeared and re-appeared when I logged in and logged out)
New Fantasyland has opened since the last test so the split of attractions in the Magic Kingdom has been modified. Guests are able to select two Fastpass+ experiences in either of the two groups:
Group 1 (Choose 2):
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Main Street Electrical Parade
  • Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Group 2 (Choose 2):
  • Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
  • The Barnstormer
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Surprising omissions are as follows:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • it’s a small world
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
Over at Hollywood Studios, guests can chose one experience from Group 1, and two experiences from Group 2. The distribution for Hollywood Studios is as follows:
Group 1 (Choose 1):
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
Group 2 (Choose 2):
  • Disney Junior – Live on Stage!
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  • Muppet*Vision 3-D
  • Star Tours
  • The American Idol Experience
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Surprising omissions are as follows:
  • Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
  • Studio Backlot Tour
  • The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Fantasmic!
I selected the Magic Kingdom and the following attractions:
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
At this point the website gives you four different distribution of times, the most preferred distribution also removed Wishes Nighttime Spectacular and replaced it with Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater. The distribution was as follows:
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid (12:20 PM – 1:20 PM)
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (2:40 PM – 3:40 PM)
  • Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater (4:35 PM – 4:35 PM)
The good:
  • The first three attractions have a pretty tight cluster of time.
  • I was able to choose attractions close to one another
  • There was plenty of availability even day of
The bad:
  • The experiences don’t take a full hour to complete so unless I start at around 1:10 at Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid there is still going to be down time between every attraction
  • I didn’t have the option to include Wishes with my early afternoon cluster of attractions
  • I was unable to hand pick specific times for specific attractions. I was only given an option of all attractions at once.
You have the option to change out individual attractions, and that option was available for every attraction in that group except for Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater, the one attraction I didn’t select. The way this change of attraction should work is that you can select another option in that group, but it’s really inconvenient that I couldn’t replace the single attraction I didn’t chose.

The other large concern about this is that these tests are being done on a small scale where distribution is a bit more controlled. When Fastpass+ has a wider scale implementation, I wouldn’t expect the same availability day of. Speculation has it that attractions can be reserved 60-180 days in advance. While the end game of this is unknown I still remain very skeptical that this will be anything other than a total disaster.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was unable to hand pick specific times for specific attractions. I was only given an option of all attractions at once.

You list this as a 'bad' - I consider it a good.

People keep thinking this is FP you can get outside of the park. As I keep telling people.. think more 'touring plan' and less 'FP'

The model actually stands to curb alot of the negatives of the old FP model with people gaming the system and maximizing return at the expense of everyone else.

It makes such grand steps to curb FP... I expect most hardcore types will skip RFID all together simply so they can keep getting maximum return from FP until Disney pulls the plug.

djlaosc

seems like there may be some valid reasons to NOT do FP+ for now... mainly being able to use FP in multiple parks per day and use multiple FP for same attractions.

Maybe hardcore will resist it.. while tourists use it.

That's what I'm thinking - on our last trip (3 weeks end August-mid September) we used Fastpass 18 times over a period of 9 days (other days were either not at Disney theme parks, or Fastpass was not necessary) - 3 Fastpasses on 1 day, 2 Fastpasses on 6 days and 1 Fastpass on 2 days.

3 x Test Track
3 x Toy Story Midway Mania
2 x DINOSAUR
2 x Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
2 x Soarin'
2 x Splash Mountain
1 x Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
1 x Jungle Cruise
1 x Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith
1 x Space Mountain

Based on what we currently know - I would not be able to get three of the Fastpasses that we used (TSMM twice in one day, Everest twice in one day, RnRC on the same day as TSMM) - so we would actually get less done. And that's before they tell us which Epcot and DAK attractions we cannot get FP+ for on the same day. Of course, we could now FP+ some of the other attractions that we did without FP, but it wasn't necessary to get a FP for them. Of course, if FP+ increases standby queues, then maybe it will be necessary to use it on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom