Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

captainkidd

How was a test track type attraction out of the cards this boggles my mind.

Agreed. Honestly, I think they have a budget to stick to, and that's all they're willing to do. I was disappointed with Kong the 1st time we rode it, but loved it the 2nd time. It's a ride that all comes down to wear you sit. Middle of the truck on either end is great. Front of truck is a waste of time.

I really do wish Universal would start ponying up for some real rides.

BrianLo

Looking for an upside... um... well, people riding this won't be in line in front of me at other attractions...

Except they went with the silly virtual queue again, meaning most people who would have been housed in a queue will still be in front of you at other attractions. :facepalm:

I think the real upside is that the front of the attraction clearly carries through a strong theme... a dumpster inside and out!

Fast-Furious-Supercharged-Exterior-Rendering-900x563.jpg

sedati

Picture the part of Kong: Skull Island at the beginning of the 360 segment, where the truck is moving fast.

In other words, not very well.
Not bad either- a rumble and fans can do a pretty good job. It makes for a good quick effect in Kong, but it seems hard to picture for an extended amount of time. That said, I always loved the effect used in Earthquake where they made what was actually a short subway tunnel sequence seem longer and faster.

c-one

Not bad either- a rumble and fans can do a pretty good job. It makes for a good quick effect in Kong, but it seems hard to picture for an extended amount of time. That said, I always loved the effect used in Earthquake where they made what was actually a short subway tunnel sequence seem longer and faster.
Earthquake convinced and scared the hell out of me as a kid. Wish I had another chance to ride it after age 7.

As I wrote this post I realized they're replacing one Rock attraction with another. Is that a first in celebrity theme park land?

JoeCamel

Earthquake convinced and scared the hell out of me as a kid. Wish I had another chance to ride it after age 7.

As I wrote this post I realized they're replacing one Rock attraction with another. Is that a first in celebrity theme park land?
You want Earthquake head west. It re-opened today in H'wood

eta: no this is not the first. Not even the second

FlordIAN

Great, another motion simulator ride, JUST WHAT UNIVERSAL NEEDS! /s (Seriously, Transformers, Simpsons, Shrek, Minion Mayhem, the god awful Race Through New York, even at IOA, with the admittedly awesome Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and the AWFUL Reign of Kong), and now we are likely going to get a generic turd of a ride, too bad because I would have loved a Fast and The Furious themed racing coaster. But I guess Comcast wants to get off as cheap as possible

sedati

Great, another motion simulator ride, JUST WHAT UNIVERSAL NEEDS! /s (Seriously, Transformers, Simpsons, Shrek, Minion Mayhem, the god awful Race Through New York, even at IOA, with the admittedly awesome Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and the AWFUL Reign of Kong), and now we are likely going to get a generic turd of a ride, too bad because I would have loved a Fast and The Furious themed racing coaster. But I guess Comcast wants to get off as cheap as possible
So, are you putting the "god awful" Race Through New York above or below the "AWFUL" Reign of Kong? I found Fallon dizzyingly bland- not bad, but not worth the wait and far too similar to what's already there. I thought Kong was miles better than Fallon. It's a good ride. Not a great one, and it also suffers from being compared to what's already there.

FlordIAN

So, are you putting the "god awful" Race Through New York above or below the "AWFUL" Reign of Kong? I found Fallon dizzyingly bland- not bad, but not worth the wait and far too similar to what's already there. I thought Kong was miles better than Fallon. It's a good ride. Not a great one, and it also suffers from being compared to what's already there.
Both rides suck and are far too generic and bland, that's Universal's biggest problem nowadays

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom