Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

Stripes

Yeah, so?

Err, it's a themed boat ride.

Why, because they're at Disney? Does sprinkling fairy dust onto a themed coaster suddenly make it something worthwhile, unlike the one you just dismissed outright without knowing a single thing about it yet, other than its theme and location?

I'm genuinely curious.
I've based my prediction on the rumors for the coaster. Which are a few short indoor scenes, some AAs, rock work, and lots of trees. I've hardly dismissed it. I do think comparing it to Battle Escape is quite a stretch. Thrash was too strong. We'll see how it comes out, but my expectation is currently set right between Slinky and Tron.

But hey, it's got to be better than Supercharged. Not that I've ridden it yet (I have ridden Hollywood, and it looks virtually identical.)

Also, no need to get all worked up. The point of a forum is to have civil discussion. No need to insult my intelligence by implying I'm a pixie duster. Full disclosure: I cannot stand Comcast. Then again, who can? That said, although I've been critical of Universal and the recent praise they've been getting, I hold absolutely no ill-will.

Last edited:

JT3000

I've based my prediction on the rumors for the coaster. Which are a few short indoor scenes, some AAs, rock work, and lots of trees. I've hardly dismissed it. I do think comparing it to Battle Escape is quite a stretch. Thrash was too strong. We'll see how it comes out, but my expectation is currently set right between Slinky and Tron.

But hey, it's got to be better than Supercharged. Not that I've ridden it yet (I have ridden Hollywood, and it looks virtually identical.)

Also, no need to get all worked up. The point of a forum is to have civil discussion. No need to insult my intelligence by implying I'm a pixie duster. Full disclosure: I cannot stand Comcast. Then again, who can? That said, although I've been critical of Universal and the recent praise they've been getting, I hold absolutely no ill-will.

If I seem worked up, it's because we've been dealing with pixie dusters on this forum for years, and I had good reason to assume you were one of them. It's just rather silly to characterize Potter as merely "a themed coaster", as if that's inherently a bad thing, and then compare it unfavorably to various other known & unknown quantities, especially Tron, which is... a themed coaster (and quite frankly, not a particularly well themed one.)

We don't even have any solid rumors for Potter yet, only vague details that the "insiders" themselves can't even seem to agree on (and once those "insiders" are proven wrong yet again, they'll just say "my bad" and everyone will pretend they knew what they were talking about all along and are still a reputable source of information. Like clockwork. But now I'm ranting, aren't I?)

Last edited:

Stripes

If I seem worked up, it's because we've been dealing with pixie dusters on this forum for years, and I had good reason to assume you were one of them. It's just rather silly to characterize Potter as merely "a themed coaster", as if that's inherently a bad thing, and then compare it unfavorably to various other known & unknown quantities, especially Tron, which is... a themed coaster (and quite frankly, not a particularly well themed one.)

We don't even have any solid rumors for Potter yet, only vague details that the "insiders" themselves can't even seem to agree on (and once those "insiders" are proven wrong yet again, they'll just say "my bad" and everyone will pretend they knew what they were talking about all along and are still a reputable source of information. Like clockwork. But now I'm ranting, aren't I?)
I understand. I will be surprised if Potter impresses me as much as Tron. Not to say Tron is without flaws, obviously the show building's exposure is an eyesore, but I still admire it's aesthetics very much.

My current understanding is that the Potter coaster will have a couple small show scenes with lots trees between them. It doesn't sound too impressive to me, but I always withhold judgement till I know more than rumors.

SJN1279

I just visited Universal, and we had a blast. My son loved Kong, and is a total Potter nut.

That said, the new potter coaster sounds thrown together. While I am excited to ride, Star Wars land and the new Mickey ride is what 2019 is all about for me.

Last edited:

lebeau

I just visited Universal, and we had a blast. My son loved Kong, and is a total Potter nut.

That said, the new potter coaster sounds thrown together. While I am excited to ride, Star Wars land and the new Mickey ride is what 2019 is all about.

Either you know more about the Potter attraction than I do or that is a curious conclusion to draw. In what way "thrown together"?

I never thought I'd see the day but Disney is building a Star Wars land and I don't care.

Magic Feather

Also, fun fact, something (albeit something dumb) on this ride is randomized between the different drivers. Although, the drivers go unnamed.
Also, Potter Coaster has good concepts, but There are a few scenes I can’t help but worry about how they will look when finished (the forward-backward transition comes to mind)

Bairstow

I feel like I missed something. Are we getting two TRON rides (or is the speedway getting renamed)?

It hasn't been confirmed, but that's been a prevailing rumor, and a fairly plausible one given what we know about proposed location and footprint of the main Tron show building. If they don't re-theme and rename the Speedway, it's gonna be weird.

Stripes

Also, fun fact, something (albeit something dumb) on this ride is randomized between the different drivers. Although, the drivers go unnamed.
Also, Potter Coaster has good concepts, but There are a few scenes I can’t help but worry about how they will look when finished (the forward-backward transition comes to mind)
Can you elaborate on what we should expect theming wise for the Potter coaster? Is it gonna be surrounded by rock work/sets such as Big Grizzly in Hong Kong, or more like Thirteen at Alton Towers with sets then trees then sets, etc.

How well will the supports be themed?

Magic Feather

Can you elaborate on what we should expect theming wise for the Potter coaster? Is it gonna be surrounded by rock work/sets such as Big Grizzly in Hong Kong, or more like Thirteen at Alton Towers with sets then trees then sets, etc.

How well will the supports be themed?
More Thirteen than Grizzly Theming wise, but ride style should be more akin to Big Grizzly.

Ragerunner

I understand. I will be surprised if Potter impresses me as much as Tron. Not to say Tron is without flaws, obviously the show building's exposure is an eyesore, but I still admire it's aesthetics very much.

My current understanding is that the Potter coaster will have a couple small show scenes with lots trees between them. It doesn't sound too impressive to me, but I always withhold judgement till I know more than rumors.

Potter will have over a dozen show scenes indoor and outdoor. This ride will be heavily themed.

Stripes

Potter will have over a dozen show scenes indoor and outdoor. This ride will be heavily themed.
Like I said, I'll withhold judgement till I see the final product. I'm not expecting E-ticket theming, far from it. I may be surprised though

I think the goal for this project was to get rid of the Dragon Challenge eyesore, not to create anything of great substance. But we shall see. I've yet to be impressed by Universal since Diagon, and since Warner thought Hippogrith was worthy, I don't see anything changing here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom