Farewell, Prince Caspian

RSoxNo1

I wonder does the studios have an idea for what they want to promo next... or are they gutting it back to an empty soundstage again... a blue sky soundstage would work there :lookaroun

I know it's odd to say this, but how about they add something Pixar related?

Do you hear that Disney - this is a WDW Fan Boy asking you to add something Pixar related to your park in an area where it makes sense...

CJR

Do you hear that Disney - this is a WDW Fan Boy asking you to add something Pixar related to your park in an area where it makes sense...

I would personally like to see this space be used as a special effects show similar to Twister or Disaster at Univesal Studios. Simple easy attractions that are fun to both the first time guest and the occasional movie fan.

Although, given how we have a Fox show in the park already, I could see Disney (charging Fox a fee) to simply promote the next Narnia movie. It would be weird, but they'd make money off of it. Unlikely, but I could see it since they have AIE.

It seems unlikely that they are going to use the space for Prince of Persia as I orginally thought.

Studios Fan

I would personally like to see this space be used as a special effects show similar to Twister or Disaster at Univesal Studios. Simple easy attractions that are fun to both the first time guest and the occasional movie fan.

Although, given how we have a Fox show in the park already, I could see Disney (charging Fox a fee) to simply promote the next Narnia movie. It would be weird, but they'd make money off of it. Unlikely, but I could see it since they have AIE.

It seems unlikely that they are going to use the space for Prince of Persia as I orginally thought.

I would say that they should have time to still update it for Persia.

BrerFrog

That is a step in the right direction, now they just need to put something that is actually interesting and worth the wait on that studio.

I don't have nearly as many complaints about DHS as many people around here, but that "show" was just sad.

Figment1986

true, but given it's space and location connected to one mans dream, it wouldn't have room for much.. I remember seeing a set from haunted mansion there, then the narnia sets... before that not much of anything really... it is a small space that could hold meet and greets, a small show, or demonstration...

the-reason14

It's more of a temporary place I think. It would be nice if they could find something more permanent to put there. But I guess its good as a temporary spot, atleast that way they are always updating it.

sknydave

It would be cool if they set up a special effects showcase. Something similar to what they had back in the day with the green screen and bee. Interact with guests and provide something interesting that will take up some time/crowds

wickedfan07

Move the Pixar Studios archway out between this and OMD and open a REAL Pizza Planet and arcade exactly like to one in Toy Story. Then close the current Pizza Planet and make it Muppet-related.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Move the Pixar Studios archway out between this and OMD and open a REAL Pizza Planet and arcade exactly like to one in Toy Story. Then close the current Pizza Planet and make it Muppet-related.

I've often wondered why the Pizza Planet is nothing like the one in the films. Seems like a lost opportunity.

DisneyGigi

I really don't want to stand in line for any preview/trailer of a movie. DD loved meeting Caspian but would have rather skipped the rest. Hope they don't keep using it for a trailer/promotion thingie.

DisneyDefenders

Did Disney drop a big opportunity?

OK, so Prince Caspian didn't bring in as much money as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (despite being an even better movie), but it's not like Disney lost money. The movie made almost $420 MILLION world-wide and cost about half that to make.

There are many arguments as to why that happened...bad release date, not enough promotion, etc., but that's all water under the bridge.

With a good evaluation of why the 2nd installment didn't bring in as much as the first, Disney could have made Voyage Of The Dawn Treader a huge success and have had another hit series under the Disney brand.

Instead, they've given it away to Fox and to me, it seems almost like this could end up being like Idol. ABC was offerred American Idol and turned it down TWICE! And now they're paying a pretty penny for the attraction rights. I love Narnia, so in a way, I hope Disney ends up kicking itself for this decision too!

Daannzzz

This was one of the most disappointing "attractions" I have seen at WDW. It started off pretty cool and then there were a few props and out the door with you!!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
OK, so Prince Caspian didn't bring in as much money as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (despite being an even better movie), but it's not like Disney lost money. The movie made almost $420 MILLION world-wide and cost about half that to make.

General rule of thumb in the fillm industry...with the additional cost of marketing, promotions, and whatnot, a film needs to gross 3 times its production costs before it sees a nickel of profit.

sknydave

lol.. what? Wouldn't that depend greatly on the production cost of the film? I highly doubt Avatar needed to make almost 1.5 billion dollars before it became profitable.

Figment632

lol.. what? Wouldn't that depend greatly on the production cost of the film? I highly doubt Avatar needed to make almost 1.5 billion dollars before it became profitable.

Nope less than 10% of films actually make money from the film being in the theaters. They make it back in dvd sales today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom