Rumor Fantasyland Expansion

RescueTheDay

Even if BATB aint part of Fantasy Springs, Its a Tokyo Product with exclusivity Contracts and i’ve said many times on other threads every Attraction at Tokyo That has a. big budget is considered to have an exclusive Contract with OLC, So NO they can’t Duplicate what has been done in Tokyo.
Breathe. I was just making a comment about what was posted. I’m well aware of what is and isn’t under exclusivity.

Sharon&Susan

I once saw some Marvel fan in the WDW section want every land at WDW to have at least one Marvel attraction, isn’t that a not-so 31F57CFE-E23A-45EA-99DF-9471C9B16D32.jpeg?

Snow Queen

I once saw some Marvel fan in the WDW section want every land at WDW to have at least one Marvel attraction, isn’t that a not-soView attachment 374305?
Beautiful, I can see it now. A ride for every C and D-list Marvel hero that isn't used in Universal Orlando. Bring on The Fin stunt show in Hollywood Studios, a Spaceship Earth redesign starring The Living Eraser, finally replacing Disco Yeti with Xemnu, and of course just demo all of Tomorrowland and build Marvel uh Superhero Land.

Californian Elitist

A cute show in front of the carousel would be great. They could even have Merlin come out with guest interaction.

I remember that show as a kid, and I loved it. However I was thinking more on the lines of a dark ride. The movie has enough unique and interesting material for it to be a ride.

Nearly anything but Frozen and basically all the other princesses.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I remember that show as a kid, and I loved it. However I was thinking more on the lines of a dark ride. The movie has enough unique and interesting material for it to be a ride.

Nearly anything but Frozen and basically all the other princesses.

Will never happen. Disney has trouble remembering their animated films outside of select classics, the ones that made money in the 90s and the cg ones.

The Great Mouse Detective would make a good ride.

Epcot_Imagineer

Excellent additional information!
What do they do with those answers?
Len, right upfront, I am no statistician nor did I personally receive the survey. I would venture to guess is that this is just looking for overall ride satisfaction. Disney should know the demographics of the person taking the survey from earlier questions: age, gender, income, education, family, etc. Then the survey asks which rides the survey taker has ridden. Then they ask if you would ride those same rides again.

An example from a survey: Disney knows that a 55 year old man with a high school education making 60k a year did in fact ride IASW, but indicated that he would not like to ride again. They also might know from this same survey that this ficticious 55 year old man rode Space Mountain and loved it! Just helpful information to have about which rides certain demographics like.

I don't believe this survey was sent out in hopes of the evil suits in Burbank trying to burn IASW to the ground, but just as a means of gathering basic guest satisfaction. Now, if ever surveyor indicated that they would not ride IASW again though....

truecoat

There are obviously still places to add attractions with some reshuffling as has been discussed, but just to clarify the size issue, with Star Wars GE opening, Disneyland will be 100 acres and Magic Kingdom is 107.

In this outline and I'm sure I might have included something I shouldn't, it comes out to 108 acres.

Disneyland acre.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disneyland is so off-balance now. The park needs to expand over that freeway cloverleaf to put things right.
Can't they just put the cloverleaf underground already so DL can expand.

For that matter CA should just let Disney expand DL over the 5 between Harbor and Ball. Imagine saying you drove under Disneyland every time you drove down the 5!

Mac Tonight

Here's a radical thought/idea...

Why does every single IP need its own dedicated attraction? Fantasyland doesn't need (and frankly can't support) an individual Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Tangled attraction and have them all be of equal quality.

WDI should be in the habit of combining characters for one experience. One of my favorite scenes from RBTI was the Princesses pulling an Avengers Assemble moment to save Ralph (oops, spoiler). Granted that's way more action oriented, but who's to say there couldn't be a Princess attraction? Or even a Princesses vs. Evil Mothers attraction? I just don't see the sustainability of giving each franchise its own purpose built area. Eventually you'll run out of room, and classic Fantasyland will look to be razed.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Why does every single IP need its own dedicated attraction? Fantasyland doesn't need (and frankly can't support) an individual Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, or Tangled attraction and have them all be of equal quality.

WDI should be in the habit of combining characters for one experience. One of my favorite scenes from RBTI was the Princesses pulling an Avengers Assemble moment to save Ralph (oops, spoiler). Granted that's way more action oriented, but who's to say there couldn't be a Princess attraction? Or even a Princesses vs. Evil Mothers attraction? I just don't see the sustainability of giving each franchise its own purpose built area. Eventually you'll run out of room, and classic Fantasyland will look to be razed.
They did that for the Castle Mystery Tour at Tokyo. They even put the Horned King in there.

Rich T

Why does every single IP need its own dedicated attraction? Fantasyland doesn't need (and frankly can't support) an individual Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, or Tangled attraction and have them all be of equal quality.

A line of dunking booths would be great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom