Fantasyland expansion construction update 12/13/11

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well now I'm confused. This seems like something you would see at the HM not by the Mad Tea Party. I'm sure we will figure out the backstory of it soon enough.

Other possibility is that it's Cinerella's carriage. Maybe she likes visiting the circus?

RSoxNo1

I'm pretty sure they're putting Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in one of the tents. That explains the markings on the path.:lookaroun

Animaniac93-98

How about this: The circus came via train, then had a parade through "town" (inside the castle walls) and came back to their trainside location.

Magenta Panther

The detail looks like tracks from a horse drawn carriage. Not sure what "story" they are going for there.

Dan

The Headless Horseman? :drevil: I mean, the horseshoe marks do seem to indicate some frantic behavior, as if the horse - or horses - were turning in circles.

Ahhh, I got nothing...

jt04

Other possibility is that it's Cinerella's carriage. Maybe she likes visiting the circus?

Could they make it so different characters from different 'stories' are able to visit the circus? Hmmm, so many possibilities. I have my own thoughts. I still think the train station may be an integral piece of the puzzle.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could they make it so different characters from different 'stories' are able to visit the circus? Hmmm, so many possibilities. I have my own thoughts. I still think the train station may be an integral piece of the puzzle.

You really are obsesed with that train station aren't you? ;)

The Duck

The Circus in Dumbo came to town on a train.

And after they got off the train, there was a circus parade. Just re-watch "Dumbo". There's a parade scene which was based on many circus parades which were common many years ago. The whole concept of an old fashioned circus seems to be what's going on here.

IWant2GoNow

Maurice had a horse drawn cart when he & Philippe were taking his invention to the fair... :shrug:

There's a lot of horse drawn carts/buggies in Disney fantasies so they probably just put the detail there to get your imagination wondering.

tl77

12-13-11015.jpg

I think the reason they're making the tents bigger is just to hide the back wall of the Little Mermaid building

Tom

Beta Return
I think the reason they're making the tents bigger is just to hide the back wall of the Little Mermaid building

That could be true, but likely not the real reason. Those tent structures were pretty shoddy to begin with. The fact that they stood this long is beyond me.

This additional steel framing is to create more of a permanent structure, while also adding the extra tier of fabric in the rooftop - giving it more of a circus tent look.

They'll hide the back of the LM building with trees, fencing, berms and other visual elements.

tl77

That could be true, but likely not the real reason. Those tent structures were pretty shoddy to begin with. The fact that they stood this long is beyond me.

This additional steel framing is to create more of a permanent structure, while also adding the extra tier of fabric in the rooftop - giving it more of a circus tent look.

They'll hide the back of the LM building with trees, fencing, berms and other visual elements.

I think the real reason the tents are still there is because it's cheaper to fix some tents than it is to a build Pixie Hollow :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
I think the real reason the tents are still there is because it's cheaper to fix some tents than it is to a build Pixie Hollow :lol:

True.
Also, the tents provide valuable merch. and M&G space. No way they were closing County Bounty without a nearby replacement.

Murphketeer

True.
Also, the tents provide valuable merch. and M&G space. No way they were closing County Bounty without a nearby replacement.

Seriously, how could you have Dumbo's circus without circus tents? I think the tents actually fit better into the new theme than the old Toontown Fair.

Has anyone compared these tents to those in the original Dumbo animation?

CountryBearFan

No, it's because of the whole change in direction that WDI chose to go with the expansion by focusing less on the princesses and fairies and more on things appealing to both boys and girls.

And besides that. Pixie Hollow was obviously sacrificed for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Tom

Beta Return

I was responding to a suggestion regarding the "enlargement" of the tents, not the fact that they're keeping them.

They're investing a lot of money in them for something they could have demolished. So, as Lee said, they're investing a bit of money in them to make them safer/stronger, and to maintain their merch and M&G areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom