Fantasyland expansion construction update 12/13/11

RSoxNo1

A photo of the construction near Yankee Trader/Pet Cemetery

12-13-11057-1.jpg

Admiral01

Premium Member
Ok, I am becoming less skepical now. Either way, it still doesn't explain what's happening with the tents. Persumable they could have removed all the steal, just left the concrete pad and called it a refurb. If they are leaving the old steal I am just having a hard time seeing how it will all fit together.

You usually need to keep a vertical part of the structure intact to call it a refurb. Like, tearing down a house except for one single wall, then rebuilding the house to incorporate that wall...which is considered a refurb...

Mike730

Will be weird to have it so open.

I agree. It being so set back definitely added to the creeepy factor. And wont it be sort of redundant having a path there when the extended queue is sticking out like that? I feel like it kind of ruins the idea of getting better "flow". Unless the adjust it...

CaptJapan

I hope they'll plant some trees and shrubs between the dumbo queue and the speedway track. Just cause it feels a little out of place to see a circus tent in Tommorrowland.

Plus I like trees. :3

ob1thx1138

I hope they'll plant some trees and shrubs between the dumbo queue and the speedway track. Just cause it feels a little out of place to see a circus tent in Tommorrowland.

I would say that the circus tent fits in just as well as the 70's era go carts. lol

ToTBellHop

You have a point...if they don't stop with all of the animal cruelty, the circus really won't come to town in the future.

birdie31

Question to Mom's Panel Re: FLE

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. Just posting the answer I got about Dumbo and the FLE I got from Disney Mom's Panel. I asked if both spinners would be open for our group's trip to WDW in March 2012 and I got a response... It is below:

My Question:
Hi! I will be arriving at WDW on the 10th of March 2012 with a group of 30. Since I am organizing this trip, many have asked about FLE. Will both Dumbo spinners be open when we arrive? Will either?

- Asked by Bridget from ON on 12/13/2011
Answered by
Deborah B., Category
Magic Kingdom

Hi there, Bridget!

While no formal completion schedule has been provided to the public, Cast Members were able to provide me with some helpful (and consistent) information about the Fantasyland Expansion. The new area is set to open in two phases.

There are, as you point out, two jumbo-sized Dumbo spinners in the new area. The plan is to break them up, one opening in each phase: one of them is slated to open in 2012, the other in 2013.

According to Cast Members, in early 2012, the current Dumbo ride will move into take up position next to its twin in the new Storybook Circus area.

Storybook Circus and Dumbo will be first of the new Fantasyland areas to open in 2012.

Without a public schedule, however, it is difficult for anyone to know what, exactly, "early 2012" means. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog, which is your best source for official, up-to-date information about all things Park-related -- including the FLE. Do feel free to contact me as your visit draws close; I'll be glad to try to uncover more (and hopefully more telling!) details for you soon.

See you later, celebrator!
-Deborah B.

It's not particularly more specific, but it does say only one spinner per section opened. I hadn't read that yet, so I thought I would share.

Scuttle

Original Poster
There is a new path behind the tea cups...

dsc08640y.jpg

dsc08642v.jpg

this is that path way everyone was talking about

LOOK AT THE DETAIL!!!!!!

Do you have a picture of the other side of the tea cups by the speedway? I'm curious as to where that wall was moved to.

The Duck

It's the ghost of Cyril Proudbottom roaming around.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Cyril's merrily on his way to nowhere in particular once again! Anyhoo... it seems to me that maybe they're going for a quaint "old world" type of look to the area. The horseshoes and carriage tracks are probably there just to add to the atmosphere. OR... could it be from a circus parade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom