Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

cbconglom

comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

Not to burst your bubble or anything but the new area will have no ties to tangled. I am a construction worker in the area who has worked on this project since we tore down the older skyway building. It will be strictly a new rest area with two themed building (one for men, one for women). In front of the area will be a large tree covered stroller parking area. There will be a small, meandering path that goes down to where the Haunted Mansion is. There it will cross over a small wooden bridge that crosses over a small stream that connects to a small waterfall (to act as a buffer/transitionary line between Liberty Square and Fantasyland). If you look at the actual buildings in your shots you can even see the pipes being laid in the foundation for the bathrooms.

That tower that you speak of is just going to be a standard looking tower themed like the towers all over fantasyland.

Once again sorry! Keep up with the great updates though!

tdpolo26

comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

Not to burst your bubble or anything but the new area will have no ties to tangled. I am a construction worker in the area who has worked on this project since we tore down the older skyway building. It will be strictly a new rest area with two themed building (one for men, one for women). In front of the area will be a large tree covered stroller parking area. There will be a small, meandering path that goes down to where the Haunted Mansion is. There it will cross over a small wooden bridge that crosses over a small stream that connects to a small waterfall (to act as a buffer/transitionary line between Liberty Square and Fantasyland). If you look at the actual buildings in your shots you can even see the pipes being laid in the foundation for the bathrooms.

That tower that you speak of is just going to be a standard looking tower themed like the towers all over fantasyland.

hey so i am sure you get asked this everyday but i am intrigued. how complete is BATB and LM ??? is it like 90 percent done?? i know they prolly dont have a solid open date but from everything i see it looks well above 80 percent done. (besides the mine train)
thx

RSoxNo1

comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

So the thing on the blueprints that's labeled "Rapunzel's Tower" is just a standard tower like, "the towers all over fantasyland"?

Lee

Adventurer
Exactly. Tangled towers and M&G areas made me spit coffee!

Fancy bathrooms. Nothing more, nothing less.
Well, the tower is Tangled...and the plaza on front of the toilets is named after that long-haired chick...but other than that...

RSoxNo1

Well, the tower is Tangled...and the plaza on front of the toilets is named after that long-haired chick...but other than that...
Right, I'm not sure where the meet and greet stuff came from, but the Tower is on the plans I've seen.

Vernonpush

^you are freaking awesome!! cue bill and ted's guitar riff deedly deedly dee!!

hmmm.. what's that round foundation for up on the hill?? could that be for rapunzel's tower?

comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

He needs to get his stories straight.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Right, I'm not sure where the meet and greet stuff came from, but the Tower is on the plans I've seen.

I think the meet and greet was just wishful thinking. I think before we even knew that the area would be restrooms people where speculating that it would be a good spot of a M&G.

Tom

Beta Return
comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

Wow. Construction workers amaze me....

If the person actually is a construction worker on the project, they work with dirt, and have only seen the site plans. If he had seen the architectural plans, he'd have a clue.

^ Seriously?
That's pretty funny.

That poster didn't happen to be a 17yr old that works in entertainment at MK and lives in Isleworth by any chance....

Heh.

So the thing on the blueprints that's labeled "Rapunzel's Tower" is just a standard tower like, "the towers all over fantasyland"?

Blueprints are always misleading. Architects put words on there that don't apply, just to see if people catch them.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, it really is.

You mean the toilets, or another interesting seating area? :)

D-Zone. New type of outdoor seating area. Cast-in-place tables and chairs resembling barrels, tree trunks, etc. Fans with misters. Perhaps some shade.

drew81

I think the meet and greet was just wishful thinking. I think before we even knew that the area would be restrooms people where speculating that it would be a good spot of a M&G.

I posted some time ago that it was possible they could have meet n greets for Rapunzel there. From what we know now, she won't be going there and will be in Fairy Tale Hall.

J03Y

comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

i thought it said Rapunzel's Tower on the plans tho... o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom