Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, I went back and looked at the plans. There is a "Rapunzel Tower" up on the hill, and the area in front of the restrooms is called "Rapunzel's Plaza".
(Shows how much attention I've been paying to this project, huh?:confused: )

There is also a "D-Zone" area in the front. This is the same name as is being used for the seating area in Storybook Circus. Must be a new code name for "Place for Tired Parents to Sit."

That's the forced perspective tower up on the hill there...

Still trying to figure out what the "D" in "D-Zone" stands for.

Tom

Beta Return
Still trying to figure out what the "D" in "D-Zone" stands for.

Dead? Because the D-Zones are areas with themed tables and chairs with fans (possibly water-misting fans) aimed at them....for when you feel like you're dead.

But I'm sure it's just a hip shortened version of "Disney Zone" or something equally lame and uncreative. Regardless, they're going to be very popular. And they've picked two great locations to put them.

Stupido

Is there any time frame for this area? I mean, they haven't even announced plans for the walkway/restrooms. Is there any word on when they'll be completed by?

Tom

Beta Return
Is there any time frame for this area? I mean, they haven't even announced plans for the walkway/restrooms. Is there any word on when they'll be completed by?

It's not necessarily worthy of a press event. It's just some new potties....but REALLY nice new potties. But I don't think Disney wants press about building new toilets.

I heard it was supposed to be done this year, but at the rate Disney construction projects go....and at the rate thing one is going, and given the immense amount of thematic elements going into this project....it won't be this year.

RSoxNo1

It's not necessarily worthy of a press event. It's just some new potties....but REALLY nice new potties. But I don't think Disney wants press about building new toilets.

I heard it was supposed to be done this year, but at the rate Disney construction projects go....and at the rate thing one is going, and given the immense amount of thematic elements going into this project....it won't be this year.
So we shouldn't talk about some of the other restroom changes coming to property? Well there goes all my inside info.

Scuttle

Sorry! My bad for not paying more attention.
The area is going to be quite nice. The diagrams in this thread don't do justice to the landscaping and cool paving around the "Rapunzel's Plaza" and "D-Zone".

They really don't do justice! The paving looks awesome and I'm pretty excited about the "stump seating".

Mike730

So we shouldn't talk about some of the other restroom changes coming to property? Well there goes all my inside info.

Are they finally adding the Bristol Stool Chart on the stall doors? Or perhaps RFID readers so they can precisely track our potty usage....

RSoxNo1

Are they finally adding the Bristol Stool Chart on the stall doors? Or perhaps RFID readers so they can precisely track our potty usage....
Putting RFID scanners in restroom entrances is probably something that would be considered. It's much easier to track movement going in and out of buildings.

dreamscometrue

Personally, I like the idea of making the restrooms interactive. Hit the urine pad and it inflates a balloon. The first person to pop their balloon wins a turkey leg air freshener.

Maybe there could be some kind of rapid fire target game like TSMM...no, wait...that might not be such a good idea. ;)

tdpolo26

Personally, I like the idea of making the restrooms interactive. Hit the urine pad and it inflates a balloon. The first person to pop their balloon wins a turkey leg air freshener.
Great idea... they could even have fast passes for it or next gen where you can book your bathroom breaks 6 months out
Let me see booking the ohana for the 27th better book a double bathroom time slot after I may be laying some pipe
Or
"Mommy I have to go to the bathroom" says little timmy
"Well timmy your cheap father didn't book the mega delux next gen ultra bathroom package so we have to wait till tomorrow" says mom
"Well we can always go over to casey jr" says dad :eek:

Tom

Beta Return
Great idea... they could even have fast passes for it or next gen where you can book your bathroom breaks 6 months out
Let me see booking the ohana for the 27th better book a double bathroom time slot after I may be laying some pipe
Or
"Mommy I have to go to the bathroom" says little timmy
"Well timmy your cheap father didn't book the mega delux next gen ultra bathroom package so we have to wait till tomorrow" says mom
"Well we can always go over to casey jr" says dad :eek:

OMG, I seriously LOL'd at the bold line.....because it hits a tad bit close to home :lookaround:

Back when Howie had that hidden camera show a few years ago, he did a bit where he was the ticket seller at Universal (CA) and was selling Potty Passes, or something like that. He ask people how many "Pee Pee's" and how many "Poo Poo's" they wanted to pre-buy. So funny....

How in the heck did this thread tangent into talking about bowel movements? Oh wait....Tim! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom