Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

jjharvpro

Probably because it's just going to be restrooms, not something really worthy of a press release.

That sounds reasonable. So do you think one day, construction walls will just come down and the area will be opened to the public, or maybe the Parks Blog will say something? Is this planned to open by Spring of 2013?

razza1987

It will look strikingly similar to this:

RapunzelPlaza.jpg

WOAH. That looks AMAZING

phi2134

I think that rock work will actually be in front of the tower, if i am not mistaken the tower will be on the hill

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do you know how tall it is supposed to be? I am curious how they are going to make it look fairly large while still not letting it be seen from other areas

Don't know how high it will be but it will obviously not be full sized but will use force perspective. I assume it will be short enough so that the surrounding trees hide it from the mansion and Liberty Square.

Tom

Beta Return
Do you know how tall it is supposed to be? I am curious how they are going to make it look fairly large while still not letting it be seen from other areas
Don't know how high it will be but it will obviously not be full sized but will use force perspective. I assume it will be short enough so that the surrounding trees hide it from the mansion and Liberty Square.

The tower itself will be about 45' high, off the top of the hill. Pretty substantial. It will sit on it's own foundation. There will be plenty of trees behind it to block the view from the HM area.

The tower may look strikingly similar to this.....

RapunzelTower.jpg

phi2134

The tower itself will be about 45' high, off the top of the hill. Pretty substantial. It will sit on it's own foundation. There will be plenty of trees behind it to block the view from the HM area.

RapunzelTower.jpg

That looks pretty impressive, I am guessing that they build the tower onsite and its not prefabbed somewhere. I remember seeing pictures before that the base is already there.

Mike730

Well aren't you Mr. Generosity today. That looks pretty cool.

They ought to fix the cracks in the base tho ;)

Tom

Beta Return
Is there anyone other then me who doesn't have a copy of these plans?! ;)

Don't fret.....you're not in a small group :p Besides making no profit on construction and wondering if there will be a next paycheck, occasionally having access to entertaining blueprints is yet another perk of being a contractor these days ;)

That looks pretty impressive, I am guessing that they build the tower onsite and its not prefabbed somewhere. I remember seeing pictures before that the base is already there.

I erased most of the Plan Notes from the drawing before cropping it, but this tower will be pre-fabricated by "others" (meaning Central Shops or a contracted firm) and installed by "others" on the foundation, which is to be installed by the contractor on site.

Well aren't you Mr. Generosity today. That looks pretty cool.

They ought to fix the cracks in the base tho ;)

Gotta cut expenses somewhere, ya know? After all, it's just a bathroom.

Rob562

I wonder if the back-side of the tower was designed so that even if it can be seen it'll still somehow fit in with the Liberty Square/Mansion area. I'd have to look at the various finials on the Mansion, but the top of that chimney looks vaguely like the chimney tops on the right-hand side of the Mansion.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder if the back-side of the tower was designed so that even if it can be seen it'll still somehow fit in with the Liberty Square/Mansion area. I'd have to look at the various finials on the Mansion, but the top of that chimney looks vaguely like the chimney tops on the right-hand side of the Mansion.

-Rob

Interesting point. There are no more details on the tower itself, since it's being made by a third party. The image above is all that's available. Keep in mind that about 75% of it's circumference will be visible from the restroom plaza and the new path. The shape of the top may be the only thing that helps camouflage it if seen from the HM area.

Rose&Crowner

Based on the size of the existing foundation and the drawing I just saw scaled down to match it, you may not be able to see the tower over the mansion or the trees behind it.
1a9c76bf18658e9982357a8b31e4c6d8.jpg

It would seem sill y to have the rock work in front of the tower if you ask me. From the looks of the aerial I saw it looks deep in the tree line.

Mike730

It would seem sill y to have the rock work in front of the tower if you ask me. From the looks of the aerial I saw it looks deep in the tree line.
Great placement.
It doesn't look like the rock will be blocking anything though. I'd rather have that than a cinderblock wall.
Plus isn't there going to be water? Like a waterfall? That seems like a fitting spot.

Tom

Beta Return
Based on the size of the existing foundation and the drawing I just saw scaled down to match it, you may not be able to see the tower over the mansion or the trees behind it.
1a9c76bf18658e9982357a8b31e4c6d8.jpg

Nice job!

Great placement.
It doesn't look like the rock will be blocking anything though. I'd rather have that than a cinderblock wall.
Plus isn't there going to be water? Like a waterfall? That seems like a fitting spot.

The rockwork will start at the base of the tower. There will be a 2-tiered waterfall. It will fall into an intermediate pond, then again into the stream, which will flow under the new bridge and into a small pond, which will be recirculated using a pump house in the same location as the old one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Very nice! Can you do another one of these to show what it will look like from the Fantasyland side?

The rockwork will be "in front of the tower", meaning closer to the restroom area, not actually blocking the tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom