Fantasmic vs. American Idol Debate: The decline of Hollywood Studios

disney4life2008

Original Poster
262.jpg

I know this is random but really random!
Did that thing say:
Sounds Dangerous---Closed temporally operates seasonally!_____Show stinks and anyone knows why this operates seasonally???[/quote]

It looks like my complaints have gotten through to Guest Relations!!!

shmmrname

Oh, and don't jump on the OP folks. This Fantasmic thing is a mess. Illuminations, Spectro, and Wishes suck compared to this production. It is a must see that you simply cannot see. Hollywood street or whatever it is leading to TOT was 3x as busy after Fantasmic was closed as it was during the day. The gate for DHS is just as busy 1 hr. before the show as it is when the park opens. Too bad ALL of them are forced to turn right back around and leave.

The other shows definitely don't 'suck' compared to that production...

jeffk410

Ive decided

to make a keep fantasmic 7 days a week shirt and wear it to disney in 2 weeks for my next trip!!!
=D
maybe ill add i hate AI
=-D

Figments Friend

I am neither enamored with Fantasmic nor do I dislike it, but it should be offered nightly. It is very popular, that much is obvious.

They should be using this time to improve the show. It wouldn't take much because most of the work has been done already in Disneyland. The number 1 priority in any Fantasmic refurb in FL should be getting rid of that awful Pocahantas scene that really drags down the entire show. It's tedious, pointless, and has no emotional attachment to it for me.

Completely agree, Captain.

I love Pocahontas and her friends, i really do, but having them appear in this show does not seem to really fit in with the theme. It also dates the show, as the 'Poca Sequence' was obviously tossed in at the time F! was new to promote the then new Pocahontas film.

I think 'Fantasmic' can be a incredible show if they just took some time to retool it. Some elements are nice but watching video images should be cut waaay back. Adding some new 'showdown' sequences pitting Mickey against additonal villians LIVE would be great...why 'battle' only their video images?

Disney Villians as a whole has been a hot property over the past few years...why not take advantage of that in the show? Ditch the 'videos on water sprays' and let's see Mick battle Jafar ( fire effects ala 'Aladdin's finale) or maybe Ursula ( dude, there is a water pool right there!)

Figments Friend

I think comparing Wishes, Illuminations, and Fantasmic is like comparing Apples, Oranges, and Watermelons...

True, as they are all completely different shows that just happen to all include fireworks.

'Illuminations' is most certainly the watermelon.....the biggest and sweetest of them ALL!

:)

MousDad

I don't care about attraction placement problems. I don't care about characters in parks other than MK. I don't care about backstory being compromised. I don't care if the message of a park has been diluted. I don't care about generic trash cans, or unthemed walls, or Pixar pushing.

I care when Disney treats their guests like they are about on the same level as some deformed, mutated, vegetative lab rats.

And this happens when they do infuriatingly incomprehensible things such as slash entertainment/services/hours/acts/clubs/venues, all in the name of decreased attendance/bookings/economic fears ...

...and then leave all said cuts in place after those projections clearly are not being realized.

I would rather strip naked down to everything but a Stitch mask and dance the two step on Horizon's grave, than condone this lunacy as anything other than what is the real decline of the Disney parks.

Other than that, I'm having a pretty good day.

AREM

The reason I think that Wishes is better is that it is DISNEY. True, F! is Disney themed, but Wishes just FEELS like Disney.

Whomever it was that said that Wishes always brings tears to his/her eyes is right on the money here. Wishes pulls at the heart strings.

F! is shock and awe.

ROE is inspiring.

And Wishes is just........it gives you goosebumps. It makes you cry. It makes you remember that child that you used to be.

To me, it really sums up and embodies what Disney is all about; wishes coming true. And THAT is why I think that Wishes is better.

lightboy

To the original poster...

Get a life. And get your facts straight.

American Idol was NEVER intended to replace Fantasmic. At all. How can you even say that when Fant seats 8000+, and American Idol seats 1000. Now that doesn't make sense, does it? Use your God-given brains.

The last show happens to be at 7pm. Well guess what...what happens when Indiana Jones Epic does a 7pm show? Are you going to assume that it is supposed to replace Fantasmic? NO.

A 7pm show is a 7pm show. There happens to be 7 prelim shows during the day, which makes the last finale show naturally happen at 7pm. IT HAS NOTHING to do with Fantasmic!

Read my other posts before you bash me for my basis. I'm 110% pro-Fantasmic 7 days a week. There is NO REASON why it should be any less than every day. I have even gone as far as encouraging others to complain as much as possible. That's how things get changed.

So you don't like American Idol. Tough cookies, it's here and it's not going away for at least a little while. Don't blame your Fantasmic woes on it. The two have nothing to do with each other.

And it only makes you look ignorant.

But by all means, as I have said before, complain to your hearts content about Fantasmic and it's reduced showings. Stick it to the man, and show them you're unhappy. Encourage guests around you to do the same. Things will change, and Disney will realize they're making a mistake.

WDITrent

1) I agree with lightboy.

2) Yes, it's upsetting, but it's going to happen sometimes.

3) No, Disney is not stupid enough to keep Fantasmic! like this forever. Hopefully they will bring it back up soon as one of their most popular shows (and when AI gets less popular, which IMO, will happen fairly soon)

4) To the OP, I wouldn't let this ruin my time at WDW. I hope you had a great time otherwise :)

5) When the OP said this was a debate, they weren't kidding.

lightboy

1) I agree with lightboy.

2) Yes, it's upsetting, but it's going to happen sometimes.

3) No, Disney is not stupid enough to keep Fantasmic! like this forever. Hopefully they will bring it back up soon as one of their most popular shows (and when AI gets less popular, which IMO, will happen fairly soon)

4) To the OP, I wouldn't let this ruin my time at WDW. I hope you had a great time otherwise :)

5) When the OP said this was a debate, they weren't kidding.

Oops, forgot that part.

Yes yes, of course. Hope you had a great time otherwise :wave:

disney4life2008

Original Poster

American Idol was NEVER intended to replace Fantasmic. At all. How can you even say that when Fant seats 8000+, and American Idol seats 1000. Now that doesn't make sense, does it? Use your God-given brains.

The last show happens to be at 7pm. Well guess what...what happens when Indiana Jones Epic does a 7pm show? Are you going to assume that it is supposed to replace Fantasmic? NO.

A 7pm show is a 7pm show. There happens to be 7 prelim shows during the day, which makes the last finale show naturally happen at 7pm. IT HAS NOTHING to do with Fantasmic!

Read my other posts before you bash me for my basis. I'm 110% pro-Fantasmic 7 days a week. There is NO REASON why it should be any less than every day. I have even gone as far as encouraging others to complain as much as possible. That's how things get changed.

So you don't like American Idol. Tough cookies, it's here and it's not going away for at least a little while. Don't blame your Fantasmic woes on it. The two have nothing to do with each other.

But by all means, as I have said before, complain to your hearts content about Fantasmic and it's reduced showings. Stick it to the man, and show them you're unhappy. Encourage guests around you to do the same. Things will change, and Disney will realize they're making a mistake.

I am the OP and your FUNNY. Thanks for the laugh of the night.

lightboy

I am the OP and your FUNNY. Thanks for the laugh of the night.

Do what I can.

:ROFLOL:

Oh, and I'm sure glad you're not my girlfriend. Not sure about anyone else, but I wouldn't want her sharing with the world that I cried during Fantasmic!

I mean...of course I don't (that's for me to know...).

We tend to kinda like to maintain our manly image. I know...difficult concept. However, cute...LOL

jeffk410

Lol

its people like you who make a disney forumn unlovable :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:. You sir "get a life" if it bothers you this must to waste your time bashing other people on a website =D. loser.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
do what i can.

:roflol:

Oh, and i'm sure glad you're not my girlfriend. Not sure about anyone else, but i wouldn't want her sharing with the world that i cried during fantasmic!

I mean...of course i don't (that's for me to know...).

We tend to kinda like to maintain our manly image. I know...difficult concept. However, cute...lol

lol

jeffk410

Do what I can.

Oh, and I'm sure glad you're not my girlfriend. Not sure about anyone else, but I wouldn't want her sharing with the world that I cried during Fantasmic!

I mean...of course I don't (that's for me to know...).

We tend to kinda like to maintain our manly image. I know...difficult concept. However, cute...LOL

and your not very manly for arguing with someone over a website =D :ROFLOL:. Disney is about the happiest place on earth i do understand the op should of arrived earlier, but no need for the remarks their just silly and make yourself look like a fool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom