Fantasmic to Close in 2012?

Enchantâmes

Ok People we already concluded ages ago that World of Color could never EVER fit in the Fantasmic theater (without EXTREME amounts of work and money). Its way too big and not one single person has confirmed that Fantasmic is closing, you would have to be really naive to believe that. I'm sorry but this thread is redonkulous. :brick:

This rumor is 20% true. There has been another rumor about upgrading it, adding new villans, and Princess Tiana.

So, upgrading Fantasmic will make the show much better, in my opinion.

_Scar

What if they took out LMA Stunt Show? Would there be room for that there? I am not a huge fan of LMA but I have also not seen what the Cars Land looks like either.

Maybe in that whole backlot area, without taking out LMA, there would be room. Tram would obviously be gone, but RSR looks amazing. LMA is a big crowd pleaser, and really is somewhere close to an E (some would argue otherwise, but it is on epic proportions).

This rumor is 20% true. There has been another rumor about upgrading it, adding new villans, and Princess Tiana.

So, only 20% of the show will be leaving. Fantastic. Thank you - I mean DWI.

stitch2008

Okay. Im curious. What do you mean by 20% of the rumor is true? I cant hold it back. I need to know. And i doubt any more villans would be added, let alone anyone from PatF would be added to Fantasmic; Tiana included. Upgrades sure. No new characters.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Do you have a magic DWI spinning wheel to come up with all of these percentages that you quote?
TwisterPercentages.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

So, the rest of the rumor is 80% a load of bollocks?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think that means the show will be 80% F! and 20% WoC. The folks at DWI have really outdone themselves this time around.

I'm not certain; reading this thread (and the other one like it) I'm relatively certain it's almost 100% in the other direction...:lookaroun

DisneyWall-E

Do we need to hire a bookie to keep all these percentages in order and take bets?:ROFLOL:
I feel lucky enough to play the odds sometimes.

Cindy'sBruno

Maybe in that whole backlot area, without taking out LMA, there would be room. Tram would obviously be gone, but RSR looks amazing. LMA is a big crowd pleaser, and really is somewhere close to an E (some would argue otherwise, but it is on epic proportions).

That makes more sense to me with what you said. Using that backlot area would probably be better because then they could still have LMA (which like you said is a crowd pleaser) and also have something new that would bring crowds in. IMHO DHS needs something that would keep fairly regular guests like myself staying in the park longer than only half a day...sometimes shorter than that.

PixarfortheWin

I wonder if these are the same CMs who said that Jonas Brothers are taking over Rock n Roller Coaster....

p.s. carsland would never come the DHS because its E ticket ride is just Test Track with a different paintjob....

Cindy'sBruno

I think it is wise not to throw out any numbers anymore. Just keep it at (This is what I think) kinda stuff ok.:wave: I'm trying to be very nice here.:cool:

SeaCastle

p.s. carsland would never come the DHS because its E ticket ride is just Test Track with a different paintjob....

That's like comparing Pirates of the Caribbean and it's a small world. :shrug:

Though having similar ride systems and taking place in cars, the similarities end about there. Look at all of the construction working being done now at DCA and compare that to the construction that was done to work on Test Track. While Test Track is an e-ticket mostly because of the thrills, Radiator Springs Racers is attempting to be an e-ticket on all levels, including immersion. It'll have cars racing side-by-side, past waterfalls, through curves, past ride scenes, and will have re-rideability.

That said, it's been posted numerous times here by several reputable posters that there are proposals to put a Carsland (or some variation thereof) at the MGM Studios, replacing the Backlot Tour and that area.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I wonder if these are the same CMs who said that Jonas Brothers are taking over Rock n Roller Coaster....

Never talk in absolutes. ESPECIALLY when in comes to Disney.

BrerFrog

I think this pretty much sums up how Disney gets away with so many of their cutbacks and the like.

I don't think that is the case. Replacing Fantasmic with WoC does not qualify as a cutback. In fact, they are removing an an old show and putting a more expensive and technologically advanced one.

Oh that isn't what I meant, I guess I was getting off topic. I meant the quote from the poster when they said they wouldn't go/would go but would be angry. Disney knows they can get away with certain things because it would take a lot to make a die-hard Disney fan not come to the parks. I wasn't at all refering to replacing the show, just the comment.
Shows and parades really need to be replaced more often than they are right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom