Fantasmic Reopening Watch

mattpeto

Interesting. So, assuming they stick with this, no real relief on the early morning stampede of getting a G+ res in DHS.
I can't figure it out either.

Putting it on Genie+ does add overall LL capacity to DHS.

But if there is no opportunity cost (like if I select Fantasmic! and can still select something else), it just makes sense to grab the LL for Fantasmic! all the time.

ToTBellHop

I can't figure it out either.

Putting it on Genie+ does add overall LL capacity to DHS.

But if there is no opportunity cost (like if I select Fantasmic! and can still select something else), it just makes sense to grab the LL for Fantasmic! all the time.
And the Fantasmic! LL will sell-out quickly…including guests starting at another park who may never actually make it to DHS.

DisneyfanMA

And the Fantasmic! LL will sell-out quickly…including guests starting at another park who may never actually make it to DHS.

I do think they need a restriction for that. If you park hop you shouldn't be able to book over people who are already there. such a rats nest they have made all this.

If they do make this a G+ or VQ I have a feeling this will be one of those "gone in 10 seconds" things like GoTG was

ToTBellHop

I do think they need a restriction for that. If you park hop you shouldn't be able to book over people who are already there. such a rats nest they have made all this.

If they do make this a G+ or VQ I have a feeling this will be one of those "gone in 10 seconds" things like GoTG was
Perhaps you can book at 7 am with a park reservation or park open without (if anything is left…).

It would really be smarter to force it to be your first LL and actually leverage that capacity to bolster Genie+ in DHS.

phillip9698

I think it'll be G+ but not affect how long you need to wait before you can get your next G+ reservation.

That would be insane. It would mean the entirety of WDW guests with a hopper or HS reservation could reserve F! At 7am with no loss at all.

It would be the worst possible scenario for people actually attending HS that day.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Maybe VQ initially? It’d keep priority to HS Park Reservations. Hoppers could take a chance at standby, more of a possibility for the 2nd show time.

Or just go straight to G+. That would help G+ availability but could also increase buyers so…? Still, HS gets more $. I think it’ll keep the normal 2 hour cooldown. Will G+ offer both showtimes? That‘d help with the burden from hopping G+s, or possibly they don’t allow hopping guests to book until 2pm? Or only offer them the 2nd show time?

DisneyfanMA

So let's assume its a G+ with regular rules......

Do you:

1) Book SDD first at 7am and then after riding it or 2 hrs after park open, hope to book F! next? that would be the ideal.

Or

2)will F! go so fast, you have to sacrifice your G+ on it at 7am and then hope SDD lasts enough for your 2nd booking chance (I believe SDD is gone pretty quick isn't it?) If it is gone, you have to do standby and use your 2nd and 3rd G+ for lesser but still decent use cases?

mattpeto

Do you:

1) Book SDD first at 7am and then after riding it or 2 hrs after park open, hope to book F! next? that would be the ideal.

Or

2)will F! go so fast, you have to sacrifice your G+ on it at 7am and then hope SDD lasts enough for your 2nd booking chance (I believe SDD is gone pretty quick isn't it?) If it is gone, you have to do standby and use your 2nd and 3rd G+ for lesser but still decent use cases?
If it’s your only day at DHS and you don’t have a dining package, you go F!.

fgmnt

Do you:

Or

If you are going as far to get Genie+ right now, I would book it on a day where there is an MK hard ticket night. Blow through everything you want to at MK and then chill until the evening at DHS.

ceecee101

Maybe VQ initially? It’d keep priority to HS Park Reservations. Hoppers could take a chance at standby, more of a possibility for the 2nd show time.

Or just go straight to G+. That would help G+ availability but could also increase buyers so…? Still, HS gets more $. I think it’ll keep the normal 2 hour cooldown. Will G+ offer both showtimes? That‘d help with the burden from hopping G+s, or possibly they don’t allow hopping guests to book until 2pm? Or only offer them the 2nd show time?
Yes inquiring minds want to know. We’re there next month, haven’t been in 13 years and want to do F! Our last night, BUT we have a park reservation for MK that day With park hoppers. So if we can’t make G+ at 7 going t have to try to redo our plans for a few days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom