Fantasmic Reopening Watch

ceecee101

Great news re: Nov 3 launch, That means I'm on great shape for Nov 7.

I would think this is an obvious Genie + to add inventory which HS desperately needs. would take pressure off SDD etc. I would even consider adding this to a reservation as it is a must see for me, assuming I can get it.

If no G+ or ILL or VQ, I assume lining up 1 hr early should do it? Does anyone know if Disney CM will close off the line if they think the amphiteater will be full? In other words is there a risk to stand in a long line that you never actually make it in?
I’d be thrilled if it were an ILL

Ghost93

New scene will contain Aladdin, Elsa, Pocahontas, Moana, and Mulan.
Also glad they're using "Show Yourself" instead of "Let It Go" or "Into The Unknown"..
I'm kinda surprised Pocahontas will still be in the new version. I had a feeling Disney was going to quietly try to distance itself from the character due to the growing controversy around that film in general. Every time an article on that film is published, there's always a lot of people commenting about how offensive they think the film is.

I don't think Pocahontas will end up like Song of the South and be completely banned, but I could easily see Disney stop actively promoting the movie and potentially remove her from the Princess line at some point. I suspect they will want to make a movie with another Native American heroine before removing Pocahontas.

Lirael

I've never tried a dining package before, what time do these usually go live? And can I buy them through the app or do I need to use the website or call?

nickys

Premium Member
thank you! We wanted to go our last night since we’re not interested in the MVMCP. It’s a Sunday. But since it’s a party day at MK we have reservations there for the morning. We plan to then hop late (6?) to HS. Will I be able to make a Genie+ or ILL for Fantasmic if it’s our hopping park right at 7? Or should I switch our park reservations? We really want to do MK on our last day, then finish off now with F! at HS.
DH may fight me on a wheelchair, we’re not that old 60s-70s) but his back issue is bad with standing. Walking he’s fine. Show starts at 8? Thanks again for any suggestions.
You don’t need a DHS reservation to book an LL for Fantasmic at 7am.

And if you start at MK, then 2 hours after DHS opens you can then book an LL for MK, and use it through the day.

rescue_ranger

I've never tried a dining package before, what time do these usually go live? And can I buy them through the app or do I need to use the website or call?
I couldn’t speak to purchasing through the app but we’ve always had luck through the website. Historically they haven’t been super hard reservations to get as long as you book early enough. However, after a two year absence, we may be looking at a different playing field.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I would expect things to be very, very, slow online that morning, similar to the situation the morning that Hoop Dee Doo reservations reopened. Forget about the phones.

Disney Maddux

Hot Take incoming:

Very happy that there's nothing changing besides the Pocahontas sequence. Have always loved the current version, and yes, even our dragon.

Now the real question is... Is the pre-show music still early 2000's Disney Channel remixes? If not, this was all for nothing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Dates and times for CM previews -

"Walt Disney World Cast Members will have two opportunities to preview the show before it opens to Guests. Both opportunities will be available for sign-ups starting this Friday, Oct. 21."

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Cast Members and their Guests
Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 9:30 p.m. | Cast Member plus up to three guests
This preview is exclusive to eligible Cast Members statused to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Walt Disney World Cast Members and their Guests
Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 9:30 p.m. | Cast Member plus up to three guests
This Magic Backstage sweepstakes preview is open to all eligible Walt Disney World Cast Members.

phillip9698

If this is G+ then everyone would just book that at park open. That would be awful unless they only allotted a small amount to G+ and didn’t allow hoppers to reserve before 2pm.

We already have a Brown Derby reservation that day. I’m just going to have the wife try and book a dining package instead that day since we were planning on eating there anyway.

Lirael

I couldn’t speak to purchasing through the app but we’ve always had luck through the website. Historically they haven’t been super hard reservations to get as long as you book early enough. However, after a two year absence, we may be looking at a different playing field.

I would expect things to be very, very, slow online that morning, similar to the situation the morning that Hoop Dee Doo reservations reopened. Forget about the phones.
Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom