Fantasmic Reopening Watch

mattpeto

If this is G+ then everyone would just book that at park open. That would be awful unless they only allotted a small amount to G+ and didn’t allow hoppers to reserve before 2pm.

We already have a Brown Derby reservation that day. I’m just going to have the wife try and book a dining package instead that day since we were planning on eating there anyway.
It would keep more inventory for Slinky Dog Dash to make it last longer, but I think it would add to standby lines queues overall since F! would be a stacking LL only.

Maybe @lentesta can share his thoughts on the potential impact of F! is being added to Genie+.

JohnD

I have been trying to make a dining package reservation, they list them but I can’t see a package reservation. I am on hold with Disney right now. Nor do I see times listed yet for the show. Am I trying to pounce too soon?
Yes. Go back and read the announcement. Reservations aren't taken until 10/26.

JohnD

What does this mean for Wonderful World of Animation?
It's on. It still spreads attendance for anyone not going to Fantasmic. That was my experience for the previous SW spectacular show. You can't do both when there is one show. Even when two, you're hard pressed to get to it as your exiting after the first show.

JohnD

I'm kinda surprised Pocahontas will still be in the new version. I had a feeling Disney was going to quietly try to distance itself from the character due to the growing controversy around that film in general. Every time an article on that film is published, there's always a lot of people commenting about how offensive they think the film is.

I don't think Pocahontas will end up like Song of the South and be completely banned, but I could easily see Disney stop actively promoting the movie and potentially remove her from the Princess line at some point. I suspect they will want to make a movie with another Native American heroine before removing Pocahontas.
She's a strong Native American. It's as simple as that. Probably a gentle reminder of the previous scene that she is retained.

ToTBellHop

It would keep more inventory for Slinky Dog Dash to make it last longer, but I think it would add to standby lines queues overall since F! would be a stacking LL only.

Maybe @lentesta can share his thoughts on the potential impact of F! is being added to Genie+.
On the other hand, it will improve mornings at DHS. Many guests won’t have a LL reservation for the first two hours and may just sleep in since they will be out late. The first couple hours of the day should be nicer than they are now.

kevlightyear

Me waiting patiently for them to announce a DPB livestream...
Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta when you liked my post about the 3rd, I had this feeling you knew something we didn't and clearly you did.

Glad it worked out for you!

It's another way to increase G+ capacity, which they need at DHS. And I expect F! to not participate in the regular G+ rules. We'll see.

mattpeto

As in you think it will be ILL or something different than both G+ and ILL?
Likely the 2 hour cooldown rule he's referring to. I have no clue how that will work but I'm intrigued by it.

The ILL is in already in the dining packages (and dessert packages at some point), I think we're in the clear there to avoid an ILL for F!.

phillip9698

Only if they dont allow hoppers to join in on the fun at 7am as well. You could have people at all the other parks holding F! passes.

Andrew25

I think boarding groups limited to those who book DHS reservations (just like GOTG for Epcot) should be used for this.

Each show can handle 7K guests - 2 shows a night allows for a total of 14K park guests. That's less than the daily throughput of GOTG. About ~40% of DHS's total attendance (if we use the 2019 numbers).

mattpeto

I think boarding groups limited to those who book DHS reservations (just like GOTG for Epcot) should be used for this.

Each show can handle 7K guests - 2 shows a night allows for a total of 14K park guests. That's less than the daily throughput of GOTG. About ~40% of DHS's total attendance (if we use the 2019 numbers).
The interim phase (without dining and dessert parties) will be very interesting to watch.

Genie+ feels like the move. If they have two shows from the outset, the first LL available would be the first show and once it's fully allocated, they will move on to the next show.

I wonder if they would kill off standby for F! first show and have it for the 2nd show only.

MagicHappens1971

They did VQ for WOCs return over at DCA so I wouldn’t be surprised

DisneyfanMA

Does it have 3K standing room as well, or is that an exaggeration? I read something like that on wikipedia so unsure if accurate.

DisneyfanMA

I think it'll be G+ but not affect how long you need to wait before you can get your next G+ reservation.

In that case it would have no impact on lessening pressure on other G+ (like SDD). essentially it would have no impact at all, other than being another reason to buy G+. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Will be interesting to see what ends up happening, all the nuances and rules are really difficult for most people to keep up with I suspect.

ceecee101

Only if they dont allow hoppers to join in on the fun at 7am as well. You could have people at all the other parks holding F! passes.
I hope so, our last day we want to do F! But we are reserved at MK for morning. We would do MK that night but that Xmas party is on. So we either have to try to switch out reservations or get a Genie+ as hoppers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom