Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Amidala

Maybe they’ll sink it.
Here's hoping.

If true, it would be a nice time to announce something to be done with the space or a complete redo of animation courtyard. You have Star Wars in three different areas in the park.
I think Animation Courtyard is one of the worst eyesores at a WDW park right now. Still so disappointing to me they didn't put MMRR in Animation Courtyard and convert Launch Bay back into Animation Academy. It would give the area some much-needed thematic coherence & would be a much better fit for MMRR w/o the need to gut GMR. Oh well

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Here's hoping.

I think Animation Courtyard is one of the worst eyesores at a WDW park right now. Still so disappointing to me they didn't put MMRR in Animation Courtyard and convert Launch Bay back into Animation Academy. It would give the area some much-needed thematic coherence & would be a much better fit for MMRR w/o the need to gut GMR. Oh well
MMRR should be in storybook circus.

Amidala

MMRR should be in storybook circus.
It could work there but the premise and show scenes would need some tweaking. Still think it would be a great fit for Animation Courtyard since the premise of the attraction is that you're entering the cartoon world. Definitely makes much more sense in Disneyland's Toontown than it does in the Chinese Theater imo, really excited to see how the facade and queue turn out over there.

gerarar

Premium Member
I just noticed in a live stream that the billboard for Fantasmic! is being covered with a (themed) tarp. Don't know how long its been like this, but would be interesting to keep track of..
Screenshot_20220818-230817_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I am hearing operations ( food and beverage and merchandise) has been told to prepare for on October 1st reopening of fantastic. Fingers crossed they make this date
Interesting Date with Epcot's 40th......... Would be nice if we were really that close!!

Still no confirm till D23? Would be interesting to see if Hours change before D23.

gerarar

Premium Member
That has been up for several years now - it covers the screen and is taken down for the holiday show.
Really? I swear they used to run the actual billboard (with a static F! image) during the summer.

Edit: I stand corrected. I looked at a bunch of HS walkthrough videos from 2019, 2020, 2021 and they all had tarps during non-holidays.

Last edited:

Disone

It would be great if this is true, however it seems odd that they would tell people them so early
Again not unofficially announcement. I just know people that work for food and beverage and merchandise amat the studios and they've been told October 1st. They have to prepare for merchandise and food and beverage sales in that area starting on that date. Take that with whatever grain of salt. I am no one and I know nothing 🙂

gerarar

Premium Member
Seems like all references to the Pop Secret sponsorship have been finally removed from the show. Also the font size was changed to be smaller.

February 2022:
Screenshot_20220819-215639_YouTube.jpg

March 2022:
Screenshot_20220819-215734_YouTube.jpg

I made a thread way back in May 2019 talking about the potential of the sponsorship going away after the show-announcements were modified to remove all references to Pop Secret.
Guess they finally had the budget to commission a new sign/tarp earlier this year! /s
Thread 'Fantasmic! post-show announcement changed recently (No more Pop Secret sponsorship?)' https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...cently-no-more-pop-secret-sponsorship.954710/

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
That Pop Secret had to go. Was distracting from what may be the most glorious piece of artwork ever to exist. Yes I’m jonesin for some F! Please come back before Halloween. I’d be thrilllllled!!!

DisneyDreamerxyz

Entertainment is very short staffed right now and the few performers they do have are working doubles to cover the Halloween entertainment so I doubt they have staffing for anything additional right in the forseeable future.

jrhwdw

Entertainment is very short staffed right now and the few performers they do have are working doubles to cover the Halloween entertainment so I doubt they have staffing for anything additional right in the forseeable future.
F!'s Fate shouldn't rely on MNSSHP/MVMCP Correct???? That would mean F! Can't get staffing until Jan 2023.....

I don’t think Steve mentioned that as an issue but I could be wrong......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom