Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Gran Fiesta

In addition to the above, Fantasmic! moves to a 9:30pm showtime beginning September 19.
According to the Walt Disney World website, here are upcoming Fantasmic! showtime changes.

July 16 - moves to 9pm
August 6 - moves to 9:30pm
August 27 - moves to 8:30pm

Any reason why it is moved up to 8:30 on August 27th? Seems strange to move it to 9:30 for only 21 days and then move it an hour earlier. Seems like you won't be able to enjoy the park as long if you want to see the show at the end of the day since it will be performing during park hours instead of afterwards.

ToTBellHop

Any reason why it is moved up to 8:30 on August 27th? Seems strange to move it to 9:30 for only 21 days and then move it an hour earlier. Seems like you won't be able to enjoy the park as long if you want to see the show at the end of the day since it will be performing during park hours instead of afterwards.
It’s weird how it’s shifting in general. In years past, it moved up with sunset—to 8:30 in August and then 8 pm several weeks later. These 9:30 showings are unusual. 9 pm was typically the latest for a first showing.

wtyy21

Slightly unrelated to DHS's Fantasmic, but looks like DHS version will be the only Disney park that shown F! for the rest of the year as F! return at Disneyland was postponed until Spring 2024 (but without dragon unlike DHS) and TDS version had ended three years ago (2020).

Curious to see many West Coast visitors flock to DHS to see East Coast version of it since it feature a "head of crane" dragon originally also used for Disneyland until 2009 and would be the only park that still feature dragon at Fantasmic when the show return at Disneyland next year without dragon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Slightly unrelated to DHS's Fantasmic, but looks like DHS version will be the only Disney park that shown F! for the rest of the year as F! return at Disneyland was postponed until Spring 2024 (but without dragon unlike DHS) and TDS version had ended three years ago (2020).

Curious to see many West Coast visitors flock to DHS to see East Coast version of it since it feature a "head of crane" dragon originally also used for Disneyland until 2009 and would be the only park that still feature dragon at Fantasmic when the show return at Disneyland next year without dragon.

Maleficent will be a mapped projection!

And it will still catch on fire!!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm curious if it's testing slow times to see effects in other areas, specifically dining and attraction wait times. Wait times at or after park closing likely do not effect wait times but a show time 30 minutes before park closing creates a bigger choice for guests to decide if they want a near closing ride or Fantasmic. In theory, an earlier show time reduces both ride load and Fantasmic demand because folks can't do both. It becomes important to know how much time you need to get guests out of a park should Hollywood Studios have some holiday season hard ticket event.

The 9:30 has the opposite effect so it should be comparable. The later the show the more hours people can spend money eating because they don't need to be queuing for Fantasmic at like 8:00. When crowds are softer an earlier show 7:15ish dining reservation is more difficult to fill as there are fewer people vying for reservations.

When not having a hard ticketed event it's easier to justify a late show to extend revenue streams at no real detriment, but a hard ticketed event puts pressure on the back end to balance revenue and guest satisfaction (don't want everyone coming into party at the same time Fantasmic is letting out). So I think it's about fixing the right balance. Of course, I could be way off. 😄

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For October I wanted to go to F! and then Olga’s but a 9:30 showtime would make that impossible…

A holographic communique is coming in from Oga...

1690396182365.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Ps, they’ve updated Elsa’s costume. A far nicer version of her dress for the big quick change magic moment.
Wow! I'm surprised that certain site caught something like that lol.

It does however look so much better.
The patterns are slightly different, there's more of said pattern on the bottom, and there's actual gemstones on the costume itself, giving it a more realistic shiny look. It's also not as transparent anymore and hides the pre-change costume better.

Old:
Screenshot_20230801_231020_YouTube.jpg

New:
Screenshot_20230801_231144_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230801_231159_Instagram.jpg

That's now 3 new costumes that DHS got in its shows in the last few weeks. The old beggar woman in BATB Live, Elsa in F!, and something else I can't recall rn. Guess the park got a costume budget increase recently :D

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Wow! I'm surprised that certain site caught something like that lol.

It does however look so much better.
The patterns are slightly different, there's more of said pattern on the bottom, and there's actual gemstones on the costume itself, giving it a more realistic shiny look. It's also not as transparent anymore and hides the pre-change costume better.

Old:
View attachment 734952

New:
View attachment 734953
View attachment 734954

That's now 3 new costumes that DHS got in its shows in the last few weeks. The old beggar woman in BATB Live, Elsa in F!, and something else I can't recall rn. Guess the park got a costume budget increase recently :D

I saw someone post a video of it… a week or so ago, but promptly forgot. I just was reminded when I saw their post about it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Aladdin had a slip last night (8/22)! He landed the jump but then slipped and fell. Obviously the show was stopped to get the CM down from the harness.

This is the second time this has ever happened afaik. This show-stop also gives a great view of Elsa's new costume when the show resumes since screen projections were still off.

Aladdin fall:

Show resumed and clear Elsa view:

Also some other things to note as of recent..
  • Laser projections have been partially broken since late July (1/3 sets working).
  • Trampoline broken(?) again since last week, stunts on pause and B-mode.
  • Ariel barge has been missing two of its poles for a while now.
  • Colored flames for Malificient's lift appearance have been in B-mode since June.

Trekkie101

Fantasmic moves in late August until late September because it's the 3 weeks the parks are at the quietest, they like the guests being out a bit prompter. This year may be extra empty.

gerarar

Premium Member
Four additional 8pm performances of Fantasmic! have been added to calendar: September 24, 26, 28, 29.
Fantastic! I land in Orlando on the evening of the 29th, so I have the opportunity to see F! twice in one night! :D

I would do a HEA and F! double feature, but there is a MNSSHP at the MK that night. I could also see Epcot Forever instead, but ehh.

gerarar

Premium Member
Also some other things to note as of recent..
  • Laser projections have been partially broken since late July (1/3 sets working).
  • Trampoline broken(?) again since last week, stunts on pause and B-mode.
  • Ariel barge has been missing two of its poles for a while now.
  • Colored flames for Malificient's lift appearance have been in B-mode since June.
Update!

Laser projections are finally fully working again (3/3 sets) since Monday 9/11. They've been broken since around July 7.
Screenshot_20230913_111304_YouTube.jpg

Here's a livestream from last night. Starts at Elsa's costume reveal where can see all 3 laser sets in action.

Can they now fix the lasers in HEA's finale too? ;)

As for the rest of the effects..
  • Trampoline and stunts still not in use.
  • Ariel barge still missing two of its light poles.
  • Malificient colored flames still in B-mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom