Fantasmic...Overated

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Overhyped is what really got me. I actually tried to avoid reading to many descriptions of it because I didn't want any suprises to be spoiled. About half way through I was thinking...is this it? The few descriptions I had read described it as a lazer light show with boats and pyrotechinics. There were all those elements, but not on the scale I was hoping for.

That said, I really think it is sad that Disney is only going to show it twice a week next year. I was there on a thursday last week, not a busy time, and this thing was packed!

Mick G.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I saw Fantasmic once, for free, during a corporate event, and I was interested, since it's one of the few WDW things I've never seen. It just didn't live up to the hype, and I thought the concept was thin. I much prefer the ROE and Wishes shows.

Mick

MattyFresh

Another vote for Okaysmic.....I have seen it a couple of times, but most of them was with someone who had never seen it before. Yeah I think everyone should see it once, it really does have some cool effects, and its a perfect night show for DHS. I think my biggest problem is the wait before, you would think Disney would be able to come up with a better idea then to have everyone stand around and then push them all in at once.

Ever seen livestock being lead to pens??? You get my point.

shoppingnut

I love F and every trip I like to see it. My all time favorite is spectro and that is a must see every trip and if I can see it more than once during a trip, I'm in heaven.

I just can't believe they are cutting it to twice a week next year, the show is usually always packed every night.

MMFanCipher

We enjoyed F! very much when we saw it. :sohappy: We got in on a large group option, I believe, so didn't wait very long to be seated. At the end of the show we just sat there and talked until most people had left and then we made our exit. I think it is a must see, but to each there own. :wave:

Captain Hank

I like Fantasmic, but I'm not a fan of the huge time investment involved in seeing it. Also, the show itself has some pacing issues--like the 8 minute stretch of nothing but water screen projections. I would still rate it as not-to-be-missed (at least once).

Laura

Premium Member
I don't really "get" Fantasmic. It's mostly just a movie projected onto water jets and I've never understood why that gets to people. It's amusing I guess, but nothing terribly special to me. IllumiNations and Wishes, though, I could never get tired of.

Lucky

I like Fantasmic, but I'm not a fan of the huge time investment involved in seeing it. Also, the show itself has some pacing issues--like the 8 minute stretch of nothing but water screen projections. I would still rate it as not-to-be-missed (at least once).
To be fair there is listenable music during this, which is a big deal to some of us.

Karolena

I love Fantasmic and watched it more than once the last time we went. My family really enjoys it. There's just something magical for me when I watch it, but I can see why some people might not like it. Everything at Disney isn't going to be liked by every single person.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yep, over rated, absolute pap like everything at Disney, Universal and Busch.

Blokes in fluffy suits, a few fire works and some water and music. Its like bonfire night in my back garden only with a bigger audience.

Close it down and give us some karaoke.

plaz10

I absolutely love Fantasmic! for a number of reasons

1 - its the most disney oriented show. i'm not badmouthing any of the other shows...but out of the 3 fireworks shows, it shows the most disney characters and references. Wishes revolves around the castle, yes and tinkerbell makes her appearance but not nearly as many character references as Fantasmic. And Illuminations technically could be shown in any park for there isnt much Disney-ness to it. (if that makes sense...haha)

2 - I personally enjoy it because I am a Villain fan. It is very rare to see Villains in the parks let alone any shows. So it brings that aspect of it.

In the overrated defense...it isnt the greatest fireworks show...wishes and illuminations beat it in JUST fireworks...but you can't beat all those disney characters and movie clips and scenes on the mountain! :sohappy:

ITS FANTASMIC!!! i love it. i get goosebumps watching the disney travel ondemand about hollywood studios when they show it! its my favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom